Final Battle

The Girl and The Wolf III: Soul Mate
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PGhf_kqiu_g

Myname: Baby I'm Sorry

=================================================

Danji nervously bit her thumbnail. It had been over 24 hours since Luhan had been kidnapped. She got up and threw her hands up in the air in frustration. *They can’t go without me. They’ll get hurt if they show up to the Hunters. They’ll be in even more danger then. They need me. Only I can persuade my grandfather’s brother.*

But how would she be able to help the wolves? There was no way she would be able to convince Kris to take her.

She would have to move herself, but was that even possible? She needed someone to accompany her.

Danji hurried into her home and took her phone off the charger. She pressed the phone against her ear and anxiously waited. *Pick up. Pick up. Pick up-*

“Wei?” He answered.

“Tao!” Danji exclaimed in relief.

“Mei-mei?” He asked in confusion.

“Please. I need your help.” She pleaded.

In half an hour, Tao was at her house. “This is ridiculous, mei-mei. Think again. Kris ge will be furious. The pack will go crazy. Luhan ge will hate me for putting you in danger.” Tao said nervously.

“I made up mind. I have to after Luhan myself. Please, Tao.” Danji squeezed his arm with imploring eyes. “Help me. You’re the only one who will.”

Tao sighed. He couldn’t deny her plea. “Fine. But if you get hurt, kill me so I don’t have to face Luhan’s wrath.”

She smiled gratefully. “Thank you.”

----------------------------

Tao, in his wolf form, and Danji, on his back, traveled for hours through the forest. The scenery changed, and they were no longer in Malhwa. They came somewhere near the northern border of the country.

Tao suddenly stopped and growled lowly. Danji sat up straight with wide eyes.

They were near the Hunters. Her heart thudded against her ribcage, and she swallowed hard. *This is it. I only have one shot. I need to be able to get in there and convince them to let Luhan go. It won’t be easy, but I have to try.*

Danji slid off the large, gray coyote. Carefully, they treaded closer towards the Hunter’s territory and peeked through the leaves. There were many iron buildings and wooden cabins. At least a hundred Hunters were in the area. Danji scrutinized each building, and her gaze focused on the largest one in the center. *I bet Luhan is being kept in there.*

Danji turned to Tao. “You know what to do. Distract them. Get them away as far as you can for as long as you can. Then run back to Malhwa and get the others. Understood?” He nodded and whimpered worriedly. He nuzzled against her with worried eyes.

“I’ll be fine. You be safe, okay?” Danji whispered and rubbed his muzzle. He nodded dutifully.

“Go.” Danji whispered. Tao obediently dashed off.

She waited in the trees for his signal.

A loud howl filled the air. That caught the Hunter’s attention.

“Wolf! It’s a wolf!” They all rushed towards the noise.

*Now!* Danji started running. She was careful not to get caught and ducked behind a cabin whenever she saw a Hunter. Her heart thumped fast, and bullets of sweat appeared on her forehead. She saw her target and made a final sprint for it.

----------------------------

As soon as Luhan heard the howl, his head jerked upwards. He recognized the howl. “Tao…” Luhan whispered. His pack was here! *Now I can get the hell out of here!* He grew excited.

The Hunters inside the chamber looked confused and held tightly onto their weapons.

The elderly Hunter stood up from his chair. “Report to me what is going on out there.”

“Yes, sir.” One of the Hunters walked towards the door and opened it. As soon as the door was open, someone dashed inside.

Alen looked up with wide eyes. *No! She’s here!*

“Sir! There’s a girl!” The Hunter exclaimed.

“A girl?” Yoosuk walked over, and his eyes widened in shock. “Danji.”

WHO?! Luhan looked up with wide eyes.

Danji came down the steps and looked the Hunter boldly in the eye. “Hello.”

“DANJI!” Luhan shouted. Her eyes flitted towards him. dropped at the sight of him. He’s chained to the wall…like a dog. She recognized the person next to him, and her eyes widened even more. Alen oppa. Why is he here, too? The coyote gazed back at her.

“What are you doing here?!” The Hunter demanded. Danji moved her gaze back to him. “I came to save my mate.” She stated.

Hope spread through Luhan’s heart. That’s me. She called me her mate. She came for me.

Alen gazed sadly at Danji, but there was no resentment in his heart. Deep down, he had always known she would choose him.

“How can you chain him to the wall like…like he’s some sort of monster?” She asked as pain cracked in her voice.

“Because he IS a monster!” The Hunter argued.

“No! He’s the man I love!” She claimed. He stared at her as if she had gone mad. “Have you forgotten what he did?! He’s a wolf! A wolf that killed your parents-“

“No. Luhan didn’t kill my parents. His father did, so don’t act as if they’re one person.” Danji defiantly argued.

“Your grandfather brainwashed you.” The Hunter whispered in horror.

“No, my grandfather was one of the greatest men that ever lived. He learned to forgive and accept everyone. You should learn from him.” Danji declared.

“No! Never! I will not tolerate this! I told you that I don’t need your permission to destroy him, and I will not wait any longer!” The Hunter nodded at the others. They grabbed their guns and aimed them at Luhan and Alen.

“No!” Danji cried out in horror. She went in front of them both and held out her arms.

“Danji! Get away!” Luhan warned.

“Danji!” Alen struggled. “Get out of the way! You’ll get hurt!”

Danji stared directly at Yoosuk. “You won’t hurt your own granddaughter, will you?” He grew speechless at her gall.

“Please…” Danji whispered as tears formed in her eyes. “Let them go. For my sake, release them. Please.”

The Hunter looked at the ground as if pondering her request. Hope blossomed in her chest. He was actually considering her plea!

But her hope was pummeled by his callous command. “Move her out of the way.”

“No!” Danji screamed. Two Hunters marched over and took her by her arms. “Stop! Don’t do this! Please!” She thrashed as they dragged her to the side. Yoosuk didn’t listen to her. He took out his pistol from his pocket and aimed it straight at Luhan’s heart. “This won’t kill you at first, but I’m willing to try multiple times. Your healing power will soon exhaust, and you’ll be dead.”

Danji’s eyes widened. He’s really going to kill them. She had to think of something fast. Her eyes flitted around the room, and they landed on a knife on the table.

Alen deciphered her thoughts before she could act on it. His eyes widened. “No, Danji-“

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter