Renewed Hope

The Girl and The Wolf III: Soul Mate
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YYqnLsvkU_8

Tank: Personal Angel

===========================================

The next day, Danji went to the bus stop by herself and took the bus to her college. She was quickly adjusting to the new routine.

Danji felt her phone buzz and looked down to see a new message.

‘Have a good day, gongzhu. Think of me!’ – Luhan.

Danji smiled and squeezed her phone. He would, of course, be on her mind the entire day.

Danji stuck her earphones into her ears and looked out the window. This time, she got off at the right time. Danji said goodbye to the bus driver and gracefully arrived on campus. She squared her shoulders and walked a little more confidently than yesterday.

The morning passed by quicker. During lunchtime, Danji quickly scoffed her ham-and-cheese sandwich and went to the library to borrow a book for her paper that would be due in two weeks. After retrieving the book she needed, she headed to the art building hoping to hear the beautiful piano piece again. To her disappointment, the hallway was silent this time.

*Oh well. Maybe next time.* Danji went upstairs to her art photography class. She was able to exchange words with a few classmates this time, but still, she had no luck of making permanent friends. When art photography class was over, Danji made her way to the ceramics room. She put her stuff down and wore a smock over her clothes.

Danji gathered her hair into a ponytail and tied it up so that her hair would not bother her while she was playing with clay. She sat at her wheel and poked the mound of clay in front of her.

“Okay, everyone here?” The ceramics professor asked as she pushed her round glasses up her nose.

A soft chorus of “yes” came from the class.

“Good.” The professor nodded in satisfaction. “In front of you, there is some clay. I’ll briefly go over the instructions today on how to make ceramic plates. This will be a fun beginning project, but I will still grade you on how well you are able to form the plate. The design will be counted towards your grade as well.” She took a slab of clay and began to demonstrate to the class.

Danji watched and listened intently. She was so into the lecture that she did not notice a certain teacher assistant slipping into the room.

“There. You see? It was not that bad, right? This will take a few class sessions to make, but try your hardest to finish as fast as you can.” The professor looked up. “Ah, there is my student assistant that you missed yesterday. Everyone, this is Alen. He’s a fantastic ceramicist, and he has a way with the clay.” She beamed at him proudly as if he was her most prized student.

“It’s nothing, professor.” He modestly shook his head.

Danji stared at him awe-struck. She did not know that he was so good at ceramics enough to be praised by her professor. And was it possible that he looked even more dazzling today?

Alen turned his head and met eyes with her.

Danji quickly dropped her gaze and flushed for no particular reason.

Does he remember me from yesterday? Am I allowed to say hi to him? He seems too important to be on casual terms though.

One corner of his lips rose. *You are quite memorable, Danji. It would be hard to forget you when I etched you into my heart.*

“If you have any questions, feel free to ask Alen or me. You may begin.” The professor nodded in approval.

Danji snapped out of her daze. She neatly folded the ends of her sleeves and took the ball of clay. Danji didn’t even notice the time whizzing by. She was too focused on creating a perfect ceramic plate. Like yesterday though, she had a hard time manipulating the clay. The professor had made it look so easy, but she was stuck with an oval-shaped clay.

Danji bit her lower lip and glanced around in panic and dejection. This is so hard. I’m just not good at ceramics. I should just stick to drawing. Everyone seems to be doing just fine but me.

“Your clay is too thin.” A voice said out of nowhere.

Danji looked up. Alen sat on the empty stool beside her and took the slab of clay. “Thinner clay is likely to be warped. You need thicker clay. It will be easier to even out.” Alen added more clay and began to smooth out the ridges.

Danji stared in amazement as the shape of a plate began to form in front of her eyes. How does he do that? How does he make it look so easy?

“There. When you roll the slabs, make sure you roll evenly in all directions,” He advised. “Thank you.” She said gratefully.

“It’s my duty to help.” Alen got up. “And Danji?”

Her eyes widened. He remembers my name? She looked up at him.

“Ceramics take a lot of practice. Everyone is struggling, just like you. Don’t give up.” Alen gave her an encouraging smile and left.

Danji smiled as she basked in his warm, comforting words. He always knows the right thing to say at the right moment. She took the rolling pin and began to roll in every direction, just like Alen had suggested.

Fifteen minutes later, he heard her fraught thoughts and cam

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter