Goodbye Love

The Girl and The Wolf III: Soul Mate
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=poH4mx6HnIo

Seo In Guk: No Matter What

============================================

Danji and the two wolf packs stood at the top of the hill that was the border of Malhwa.

It was the same hill that Danji and Exo-K had watched Exo-M depart from.

But this time, it was different.

It was not Exo-M that was leaving.

This time…it was Exo-K. And they were leaving for good.

They would be leaving Malhwa and not coming back, possibly forever.

Danji’s heart felt heavy. Her eyes were glued on the grass, and she could not bear look up at the people who were about to leave her life forever. Without realizing, she had grown close to Exo-K. They had proven themselves worthy to be her friends. She realized that she would miss each and every one of them so much.

She would miss Baekhyun’s sarcasm.

She would miss Chanyeol’s non-stop laughter.

She would miss Suho’s gentleness.

She would miss D.O.’s cooking.

She would even miss Sehun’s poker face.

Most of all…she would miss Kai.

His jokes.

His nickname for her.

His crooked grin.

She would remember and cherish her guardian for the rest of her life. She could not thank him enough. If Kai had not been there that night the bears had come to attack, Luhan and she would have been long dead by now.

“Let’s go.” Sehun impatiently checked his watch. They were late already.

Suho gave him a stern look. “We need to say proper goodbyes first.”

“Don’t be so inconsiderate, Sehun. This is the last time Kai may be able to see his mate,” D.O. chided.

Sehun felt bad for his friend. He really did.

But they had to hurry, or they would lose his mate, too.

Suho took the initiative as leader. Clearing his throat, he walked towards Exo-M’s alpha. “We are leaving now. Thank you for putting up with us. We are sorry for all the trouble.” Suho held out his hand.

Kris looked at his sincere eyes. He slipped his hand into Suho’s and shook it strongly. “You were more help than trouble. Come back any time.”

Suho smiled gratefully.

One by one, Exo-K started to come to say goodbye to each of the Exo-M members.

“Sorry for annoying you.” Baekhyun told Chen. “But just so you know, it was because you were fun to tease. You’re always such a hot kettle ready to explode any moment.”

Chen sulked. “Are you trying to get on my bad side?”

“You know what I mean. It was fun.” Baekhyun stuck his hands in his pockets. Chen softened a little. “Yeah, well, I put up with your teasing because I’m good-natured like that, but don’t annoy anyone else like that, or your life will be on the line.”

“Right.” Baekhyun scoffed, but his eyes were gentle.

“Thank God you’re leaving,” Tao stated. “I couldn’t agree more,” Sehun snorted.

“You really found your mate?” Tao asked. Sehun nodded. “Why? You want to congratulate me?”

“No,” Tao smirked. “I want to steal her from you.” Sehun growled and slapped his head.

“HEY! WATCH IT!” Tao hissed. “I definitely won’t miss you.” Sehun crossed his arms.

“And who said I would miss you?!” Tao snarled. “You lower-than-dirt canine!”

“Yeah, I won’t be coming back to see your face anytime soon, filthy mongrel,” Sehun growled.

The two youngest members of the packs snapped more insults at each other. Eventually, Xiumin and D.O. had to come and referee.

Kai mustered enough courage to walk up to Luhan. “She’s really yours now. Congratulations. You won her heart,” Kai murmured.

“Why the do I not feel so satisfied hearing that now?” Luhan scowled.

“Admit it. I grew on you.” Kai smiled weakly.

Luhan softened. “You did,” He admitted.

Kai looked at him in surprise.

“I never got to thank you for saving my that night. Thanks for coming to my rescue.” Luhan said sincerely.

Kai started, “I didn’t do it for you. I did it for-“

“Her.” They finished together.

Luhan looked at Danji who was standing just a few feet away saying her last goodbye to Chanyeol. “Go. I’ll let you say goodbye to her. Two minutes. Only hugging,” Luhan stated.

“How gracious of you.” Kai said sarcastically. Luhan raised an eyebrow. Kai lightly punched his shoulder before moving onto her.

Chanyeol saw Kai coming. “That’s my cue. Later, Danji.” Chanyeol saluted and left.

Danji looked up and made eye-contact with Kai. They stood in silence for a few seconds. Kai took a deep breath. “I should make this short. Luhan gave me two minutes. I should listen to him now because he really is your official mate.”

Danji gazed at him softly. Her eyes were wet, and she could not trust herself to say a word.

“I think…a part of me always knew I would lose you,” Kai whispered. Danji swallowed the guilty lump in .

“No.” Kai shook his head. “I didn’t lose you. I never had you, and you have to actually have something in order to lose it.” He looked into her eyes. “Since the start, Luhan has bee

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter