Faith

Meeting Hangeng...

 

Hangeng’s POV

 

I packed my bags. I cancelled all my schedules for the rest of the week. I held the ticket tightly in my hand as I made my way to the airport.

After all the security checks, luggage booking and passport check… I waited… waited… and waited. Getting more nervous as the minutes passed by slowly. I felt as though time had stopped. I started feeling very cold as I shivered every few seconds, although others were taking their coats and jackets off feeling hot.

Do I even have the right to go? What would I say when I see them? I need help. I can’t just go on my own… I need support.

Just then, I heard an announcement being made about a gate opening… to South Korea. That’s me.

‘I can do it’ I kept telling myself throughout the whole flight.

 

I stepped foot outside the airport in South Korea, but went back inside again. Yes, I had arrived… but no, I couldn’t bring myself to walk outside in the fresh air. Something in me wouldn’t let me go out and breathe the air, I was stuck in the stuffy air. I was kept trapped.

I called Sian on her mobile, hoping she would pick up. At the moment, she was the only one who understood what I was going through.

“Yobseo?”

“It’s Hankyung,” I said in Korean, faking a smile even though she couldn’t see me.

“Oppa!!” she shouted, her voice filled with joy, “Where are you?”

“South Korea, Seoul airport…”

“Boh?! Are you serious?”

“Yes Sian, I’m seri-” I got cut off… by her sudden screaming. It went on for ages and when it finally stopped she started shooting questions at me, like “Do you need help? I can help! Did you book a room at a hotel? Near their dorm? Do it now! You still have the concert ticket right?”

“Yes I need help. No I didn’t book a room yet. Yes I still have the concert ticket.”

She was quiet for a moment, then simply said “I’m coming,” and hung up.

I stared at my phone for some reason, until it suddenly lit up showing a new message.

 

From Sian:

 

Book 2 rooms in a hotel… NOW!

Oppa it better be near their dorm. While I’m not here, shop for blank posters and banners. Oh and also buy a nice outfit for yourself for the concert. Sian

 

Well, at least now I have something to do… now I HAVE to go outside. And I did. And I had fun. I liked it. I had never before felt so much relief as I did when I stepped outside and called a taxi.

Following Sian’s orders… I went straight to the nearest hotel from Super Junior’s dorm. It took some time however, finding out where their dorm is now. But eventually I found out, and booked 2 rooms at the hotel. I felt much better knowing that Sian was coming here to help me.

After that, I went to the shops to buy the simple and blank banners and some posters, I also bought a whole outfit for myself and Sian to wear at the concert. I hoped she wouldn’t mind the outfit… besides, I thought it looked cute.

My phone suddenly lit up again with a new message.

 

From Sian:

 

Meet me at the airport oppa

 

I smiled and set off right away.

‘Finally’ I thought, ‘It’s all going to be fine.’

 

I arrived at the airport sooner than I expected, it was very crowded though. It felt the same, as when all my fans wait for me at the airport… but it wasn’t me they were waiting for. A thought suddenly hit me.

‘No… they are many other idols… it could be anyone…’

I only had to wait 15 minutes until I saw Sian walk out with her suitcase and a small handbag.

“Sian!” I shouted, I was near the back and couldn’t see her very well.

She didn’t hear me and kept looking around. She also seemed surprised by the amount of people here at the airport.

“ELF!!!” I shouted again, this time she heard me but couldn’t see me. But it wasn’t only her who heard me…

“Oh look! We have a male ELF here! How are you?” Eunhyuk asked me…

Thankfully he couldn’t see my face. Otherwise he would see… he would see the fear in my eyes… the tear trying to slide itself out… the gasp… the sudden need to breathe more.

“Excuse me?” He asked again, coming closer and putting his hand on my shoulder. He gasped very suddenly and pulled his hand back as if my shoulder gave him an electric shock. “Who are you? You seem very… familiar…” he asked curiously.

I tried to move away, but he wouldn’t let me. What did he see? To make him so curious?

“EUNHYUK OPPA!!” Sian shouted.

Eunhyuk turned around quickly facing Sian and greeting her, “How are you? Is this a friend of yours?” he said pointing at me.

“Yes oppa… he gets very shy sometimes…”

“I heard him shout ELF. Anyway, nice to meet you both but I need to go now otherwise I’ll lose sight of others” he said smiling, then walked away while high-fiving other ELFs.

As soon as he was out of sight, Sian gave me a quick hug, “Are you alright? This is such a coincident…”

“No…” I said, while my first tear finally rolled down, “This is faith,” and started crying.

__________________________________________________________________________________