The offer

Meeting Hangeng...

Hangeng’s POV

 

All eyes were on me when I walked over to stand in front of the manager.

“Hankyung, I needed to talk to you about something serious,” he started with his head down.

“What is it?” I asked.

He didn’t answer, so I looked around at everyone trying to find clues. They all had the same blank expression on their faces.

“It’s about Super Junior and you…” he finally said, looking up at me with sincere eyes, “Lee Sooman wants to offer you a job here… a position.”

“W-what? Me? A-are you sure?”

“Yes.”

“B-but I-”

He interrupted me and said, “He wants you to join the company. It’s completely up to you. I suggest you take time to think about your decisions carefully… but…”

“But? What is it?” I asked getting slightly worried by the minute.

Maybe this was a dream? Maybe I would wake up any minute now and find myself back in my hotel room…

“You’re joining a group. It might be Super Junior… but it might not be…”

“What?”  I was so shocked that I had to quickly sit down to calm myself.

“Kyuhyun, go get china hyung a glass of water!” Kangin said quickly as soon as I sat down.

“No! I’m fine…” I said trying to get up, but was pushed back down by Eunhyuk and Donghae.

Kangin looked at me and told Kyuhyun to hurry up. When he came back, he handed the glass of water to me and stayed where he was until I finished every single drop of water. Then, he took the glass back to the kitchen and sat down back on his seat after returning with a satisfied smile.

“Explain to me everything you know. Please…” I asked the manager.

He looked pained to have been asked this kind of question and he hesitated so much in response that I thought he wouldn’t answer at all. However, in the end he did.

“After Donghae’s birthday party, when everyone had left, I went to see the chairman in his office. I wanted to discuss something about you to Lee Sooman. We talked about a lot of things and eventually, the conversation led to him thinking about wanting to add you back into the group. I must admit… I really liked this idea. Because not only will the company be happy to see you back, but the ELFs… they will be overjoyed to see you back here performing. The only problem was… we didn’t know if we could put you back in your former group though…” he stopped and looked at me sadly.

I urged him to carry on and felt that I have the right to know everything that happened after I left. Anything to do with me.

“The problem was, some ELFs –as you should all know- can become very protective over you boys… they started hating you when you left. There were many rumors on how you hated the group and wanted to leave as soon as possible. How you hated this country and hated the ELFs. How much you hated the other’s voices. How you wanted to be a solo artist without having to deal with other members…”

I couldn’t take it anymore. He was still talking but I had completely switched off. I didn’t want to hear anymore.

Why did people think that? I explained in so many interviews… tried so hard to stop the misunderstandings…

Suddenly, the night at the concert flashed through my mind and I started smiling, catching the manager and the members off guard.

“There are more ELFs who support me than hate me… I know that. If I do end up deciding to stay… then it has to be here… in Super Junior,” I said very carefully.

“So… are you joining?” the manager asked.

The members leaned in slowly and curiously.

“I haven’t decided that yet. I need at least a week to think and have time to myself. I’m sorry guys but if you don’t mind… I don’t want anyone to contact for that whole week. When its time, I will come back to talk to you and accept… but If I don’t turn up… then I don’t accept. I just need time. One week.”

The manager looked at me sternly, while the members all started looking at each other.

“Okay, I’m fine with that. Take your time,” the manager replied, then got up to leave.

We all bowed to him as he left.

 

Half an hour later, I was back in my hotel room.

As soon as the manager had left, the dorm was a chaos in seconds. Everyone was going crazy over the fact that I might be together with them again. They all told me that even if I turn down the offer, they will still support me in everything I do.

But that’s what I didn’t want to hear. I’m glad they will support me. But… they were so excited over the fact that I might join… and their not even 100% sure yet…

After telling everyone that I was leaving, they all gave me a hug and told me to take my time. That there’s no rush. But there was. For me there was. I wanted to make everything alright for them. But what about me? What about the reason why I left? What about my feelings? My treatment from the company?

I thought about all that when I started up my laptop. It was already on… guess I forgot to turn it off. I opened the windows that were already on and found the fanfic that Sian was showing me on asianfanfics.com.

I looked at the fanfic and found that the author had already updated and finished the fanfic. So just to pass today’s time, I decided to continue reading it from where I left off.

____________________________________________________________________

Thank you for reading once again!

Silent readers come out come out wherever you are! Even if its just once XD

Abi ^0^