The sapphire box

Meeting Hangeng...

Sian’s POV

 

I was packing my bags, getting ready to leave. I was wondering if I should do something for Hankyung oppa to say goodbye. I was still thinking when suddenly the door opened a little and Hankyung’s head popped through.

“Hey,” he said coming in and sitting down next to me, “I’m sorry about before…”

I looked at him and shook my head, “No it’s fine. I would have felt the same if I was in your shoes…”

“Still…”

There was a silence between us, but it wasn’t awkward. It was comfortable but slightly sad. I didn’t know what to say so I kept quiet. It was Hankyung oppa who broke the silence.

“I have something for you.”

I looked at his hands curiously and found that he was holding the exact same sapphire blue box that I had given him. However, there was something different about it.

“I want you to have this and take it home with you. Open it when you’re alone and when you’re not busy. Please…” he said looking into my eyes.

I stared at the box before nodding and taking it from his hands. I felt goosebumps all over me as I held it before putting it into my suitcase with all my other belongings. Then, I thanked him and excused myself to go to the bathroom.

I locked the door and started crying silently to myself.

“You’ve come a long way…” I whispered, before sobbing into my hands.

 

Donghae oppa’s birthday party was tonight. I was leaving tonight. Hopefully, Super Junior and Hankyung oppa become close like they used to be. Even if Hankyung oppa goes back to china. This time… let them keep in touch with each other. Please.

 

I hugged Hankyung oppa while I was waiting down in the subway.

“I guess this is goodbye…” he said sadly but smiled.

“No! We will still stay in touch right?” I panicked.

“Of course!” he laughed at my expression.

Just then, my train came, so I hugged Hankyung oppa one last time and then took my bags inside.

“BYEEEE!!!” we shouted at each other before laughing and waving.

I’ll miss him.

During the journey, I couldn’t keep my mind off of the box that Hankyung oppa had given me. I wonder what it contains…

 

I got home pretty soon. Sooner than I expected. As soon as I came through the door, my mum rushed over to me and gave me a big hug before going off in a rant talking about how I should have come earlier.

“I’m fine,” I said for the 50th time.

After greeting everyone else in the house, my dad, my brother and grandmother, I went upstairs to my own room and started unpacking.

Eventually, I found my camera I took with me to China. I started going through some of the pictures and laughed at the memories I made. Soon, pictures with Hankyung oppa started coming up… when we came to South Korea, when we prepared for the concert and at the concert… with Super Junior.

I stopped smiling and stared at the sapphire blue box.

I looked at the side tag and found that it still had my name on it. Then with my shaking hands, I took the lid off of the box and looked at what lay inside.

There was a photobook. I opened it to the first page and realised these are more memories I made with Hankyung oppa. These must have been from Hankyung oppa’s camera. I looked down again and found the posters and banners we made together. There was a note there too…

 

Dear Sian,

I’m still missing you as you’re reading this. I hope you are very happy and got home safely. ^^

I wanted you to keep all these memories, since it is because of you that I am where I am. But don’t worry… I still have my own photobook. I also kept the poster you used at the concert. The one that Super Junior noticed you with. I hope you don’t mind me keeping it.

Let’s try our best to keep in touch!!

Your favourite idol, Hankyung oppa! ^o^

 

I stared at the note for a few more seconds before bursting into tears.

‘I miss him so much already…’ I thought.

I put everything back in the box, then decided to keep my box somewhere hidden.

‘This is my secret that no one else can know,’ I thought…

 

That night, I cried myself to sleep… but I woke up feeling fresher than ever. I felt like I could do anything I wanted to in the world. I guess this is how Hankyung oppa felt that day in the park…

I ran downstairs greeting my family, then after breakfast, I made my way to the park with the photobook that Hankyung oppa gave me.

 

Hankyung’s POV

 

I was all dressed and ready to go to Donghae’s party… I hope I don’t bump into certain people… I guess I’ll just stick to the Super Junior members. I really wanted to go, I didn’t want to let them down anymore.

I opened the door and walked out calling a cab to take me to the party’s destination, which was funnily enough… the SM building.

 

Here I go…

__________________________________________________________

*sings here we go!*

HELLO MY LOVELY READERS!

SARANGHAEO FOR READING! XD

SuJu: SARANGHAEO!

Hangeng: WO AI NI!

Sian: I LOVE YOU!

ABI!!!!! ^O^