A Baby in Her Tummy? How?

Picture Perfect

It was a busy normal Sunday for the WuDo family as it was grocery stocking day. Wild Tao and crazy Jongin were talking about wanting this and that as they walked by their Appa Kyungsoo's side whilst Sehun sits in the cart and plays with his Baba Kris when being pushed.

"Appa Soosoo, come this way. I see goodies over here," little Tao says as he pulls his father's two fingers. Jongin joined along wanting to follow his older brother and Appa Kyungsoo. Kris tells his husband that he and Sehun would be at the cold food aisle and to find them there later. 

Alone with his son as he shops for some yogurt treats, Kris then felt a tap on the arm from his three year old child.

"Yes, Sehun?" 

"Baba Fan, why does the woman over there have such a big tummy?"

Kris looks to where Sehun points and across from where the two stands, a pregnant woman is shopping alongside with her husband. The older man chuckles and pinches his son's tiny nose.

"She is having a baby soon," he simply answered as if the three year old understands.

Sehun gasps with his eyes and mouth wide open, "did she eat a baby?"

Kris starts to laugh at his son and ruffles his boy's hair, "Oh no, she's just carrying a baby in her tummy."

The toddler squints his eyes and tilts his head to the side for a while, dazing further into his own thoughts. "So how did she put the baby inside her tummy?"

The next question was surely unexpected and this time Kris had ran out of answers. Just why does his toddler have to be so curious? Also, where is Kyungsoo to answer this? The "momma" should know more about these stuff than him.

"Baba Fan, seeing how you didn't answer me, is it because I was inside your tummy as well when I was a baby?" Sehun changes the question next as he stares at his speechless father.

"No, no way. I didn't have you in my tummy," the older man literally laughs.

"Then I was in Appa Soosoo's tummy?" The curios child kept on quering.

Kris bit on his bottom lip not knowing how to answer his three year old so he decided to just change the subject about food. He and Kyungsoo are going to have a talk about "where babies come from" so Kris can give more answers to his kids in the near future.

-

"Our Sehunnie is so strong, hm?" Kyungsoo praises his three year old who is helping everyone out by carrying a huge milk carton.

"Appa Soosoo, Baba Fan wouldn't answer my question at the store," the young toddler speaks up after putting the milk carton on the ground.

"What's your question?"

"If I was in your tummy like how the lady at the store had a baby in her tummy."

Kris snorts in the living room upon hearing the question and Kyungsoo glared at his gigantic husband.

"What? How can you be in Appa Soosoo's tummy? We went to the store and bought you," Tao joins in the conversation and Sehun quickly turns to look at Kyungsoo.

"Is that true?"

Kyungsoo gave out an awkward laugh as he scratched his nape.

"Some babies do live in the stores and that's where your Baba Fan and I have got you, Tao hyung, and Jongin hyung," Kyungsoo tried to make his answer simple and easy.

Sehun slants his lips sideways and then shrugs. "Okay!"

Lying in bed with Kris after putting the boys to sleep, Kyungsoo couldn't stop but continue to glare at his husband.

"What?"

"Don't you what me, Wu Yi Fan."

"Hey, he thought that I had him in his tummy as well."

"Yeah, maybe God should have made you carry him so I could snort at you!"

"And then have you care for me when I go in labor? Aww, my Kyungie is so thoughtful," Kris immediately snuggles up against his tiny husband and plants ticklish kisses on the man's neck.

"Kris! Hahaha. Yi Fan, stop it!" Kyungsoo giggled all night long with his cheesy husband teasing him.