Sick

Picture Perfect

It was a busy rushing weekend, as Kris and Kyungsoo were helping out their best friends Minseok and Lu Han get prepared for their big day. What is the big day? Their wedding of course!

"Where is the ring bearer?"

"Who has my flower girl basket?"

"Best man, best man!"

"Should we just order wine?"

"These are not the right colors!"

Voices were shouting, nagging, searching, and confused all at once. People were running back and forth, as some were unsure of what to do. Only three days left before the big day and the engaged couple didn't seem at all nervous. 

"Baba Fan, Baba Fan!" Tao shouts for his father, running after the giant man.

"Not now, Taozi," Kris rubs his aching forehead.

"But it's about Sehun," the young boy says, tilting his head to the side.

"What's wrong with Sehun?"

"He's been coughing and sneezing a whole lot."

Shocked at hearing about this, Kris removes the pile of work that Lu Han had junked on him and ran towards his child.

"Baba..." Baby Sehun whines quietly as he tried his best to smile. Kris places a hand on his child's forehead and was heartbroken at the burning hot feel.

"Taozi, go get Momma Kyungsoo now," Kris orders his eldest, and Tao nods his head instantly.

Kyungsoo was busying himself with ordering the dinner, whilst Jongin helps him pick out the dessert. 

"Momma, momma!" Tao shouts for Kyungsoo, tugging his father's sleeve.

"ZiTao, didn't I tell you that I am Appa Soosoo?" Kyungsoo arches an eyebrow at his son.

Tao giggles, but then snaps back to reality, "Baba Fan says that he needs you. Sehun might be sick."

"Sick? Oh no! He's the ring bearer!" Shocked at the terrible news, Kyungsoo rushes over to where his husband and youngest son are.

Thankfully for being prepared, Kris fed Sehun the nasty taste of Nyquil for children and carried his son in his arms. Kyungsoo came quickly to check on his son's fever, and boy was Sehun sick. 

"I'm fine..." Pink cheeks Sehun tried to say, but ended up coughing and dozing off from the drowsiness of medicine. 

"I'll take him home first," Kris tells Kyungsoo.

Kyungsoo walks up to Lu Han and Minseok, giving them the bad news about their ring bearer. Lu Han felt bad thinking that he must've pressured the family too much. Minseok told Lu Han not to worry, and that they'll have to find a new ring bearer. Sehun needs to recover, as they don't know how long he's been sick already. That kid just knows how to hide everything secretly.

"May I be the ring carrier?" Baekhyun (Kris and Kyungsoo's other best friends Yixing and Joonmyeon's eldest son) asks, chiming in the conversation cutely.

"Baekie-yah!" His little (tall) brother Chanyeol comes chasing after him. "Baba Xingxing wants you to carry the flowers with Sun Young noona!" 

Baekhyun hisses, not wanting to be a flower boy. He wanted to be the ring bearer!

"We'll just make Jongin the ring bearer then, as Kris did win the side of heads for wanting one of his sons to be the ring bearer," Minseok settled with it in seconds, and everyone agreed.

-

Five hours after the knock out of the medicine, little Sehun wakes up crying in the bedroom. Kris rushes over to check up on his son and lightly pats the boy's back.

"What's wrong, honey? Bad dream?" Kris asked. Sehun nods his head hastily, and gets under the sheets again when his father tucks him in. 

"Baba Fan," Sehun calls out for his father in a rather raspy voice of tone.

The father and son giggled at how Sehun's voice sounded so old within seconds, but stopped after Sehun coughed heavily. Kris calmed his down and fed the young one more medicine and read him a children's book. Sehun awed at the pictures inside the book, but soon enough fell asleep again.

Kyungsoo returns home with Tao and Jongin, telling Kris that Jongin is the new ring bearer. Everyone were about to settle down with dinner together, but Kyungsoo decided he wanted to check up on his baby Sehun first. Seeing that his son is still sound asleep, Kyungsoo kisses the boy's forehead and headed out for dinner.

"Is Sehun going to be okay?" Jongin asks after sipping his water.

"Sehun will be fine. He's just momentarily sick," Kris answered.

"Why did he get sick and not us?" Tao questioned next.

"Not everybody gets sick at the same time, ZiTao," Kyungsoo replies, and Tao then nods his head understanding.

Just as everyone were settled and about to head bed, Sehun wakes up coughing heavily and crying about another bad dream. Instead of Kris getting up this time, Kyungsoo did. He comforted Sehun out in warm heated living room so that the others can sleep. Sehun drank some soup his father Kyungsoo made, and cuddled on the couch for a second before knocking out again.

Before Kyungsoo was about to close his eyes as well, a loud sneeze came out of him.

"Oh no..." He murmured, feeling the running nose.


**I'm sick and feeling like crap, so I decided to write this chapter. LOL. May you all take care of yourself! ^^