It's My Birthday!

Picture Perfect

"Papa Moon!!!!" Energetic (now six years old) Jongdae comes running inside his parents' bedroom as he jumps on their bed. "Wake up, wake up! Today is the day I turn six!"

Joonmyeon rubs his eyes as Yixing yawns aloud stretching his arms. "Ehhh... Jongdae-ssi, it's five in the morning," the birthday boy's father Joonmyeon groggily groans.

"But it's my birthday!" Jongdae pouts this time, cris-crossing his legs as he sits on the bed at the edge of his parents' feet.

Yixing lightly kicks his husband's leg under the blanket and Joonmyeon playfully did so back. Jongdae starts laughing thinking that both his fathers are playing with him. 

"See, you're both awake and playing now. Let's go bake my cake!" Jongdae cheerfully stands back on the bed and jumps on it.

Joonmyeon and Yixing finally gets up from their bed and Jongdae reluctantly jumps on his father Yixing to hold him. His father Yixing groans first but chuckles after he gives his son sweet birthday kisses.

"I'll go wake up Baekie and Channie now!" Jongdae says after Yixing puts him down on the ground.

-

It was ten in the morning now, and Jongdae was still energetic running around the kitchen chasing after his brothers shouting out, "I'm going to smash cake in your face because it's my birthday!"

"Jongdae-ssi, no smashing cakes in anyone's face."

"Kids, stop running in the kitchen."

"Baba Xing! I need to go peepee, but Baekie hyung locked the door," five year old Chanyeol pouts as he clings onto his father's busy hands.

"Why are you crying for? Such a crybaby," Jongdae teases his brother and laughs hysterically. 

"I'm not a crybaby!"

"Yes you are!"

"Hey, hey, there are no crybabies here, okay?" Yixing calmly pats both his boys, and rushes Chanyeol towards the bathroom that Baekhyun had locked.

The doorbell rings immediately, and Jongdae gasps with excitement. "They're here, they're here! My presents are here!" Joonmyeon rolled his eyes at his son for wanting only presents and chuckles whilst opening the door.

"Happy birthday, hyung!" Tao, Jongin, and Sehun wishes instantly once the door opened. 

Jongdae claps at the sight of seeing his friends and hugs them one by one. "Come guys, I'm going to make Chanyeol cry," he whispers quietly, dragging his friends along with him.

"Well isn't he an earlier chirp?" Kris teased about Jongdae, and Joonmyeon laughs. 

"He woke Xing and I up at five to bake his cake. Five," Joonmyeon yawns afterwards and then receives a light pat on the back by Kyungsoo.

"You're lucky enough it was five. Sehun can't wait to grow up that he comes into our room everyday asking if it's his birthday yet," Kyungsoo replies with a small smile, causing everyone to laugh at the door.

Thirty minutes later, Minseok and Lu Han came as well to see Jongdae and wish him a happy birthday. Jongdae and Lu Han were literally busy play fighting about whose birthday is it and which present is theirs. Upon seeing all the huge wrapped boxes, Jongdae told Lu Han that he can keep the white envelopes that are stuffed with nothing but paper. Lu Han laughed at the young child and ruffles his hair messily.

"Jongjong hyung," little tall Chanyeol came and tugged on Jongdae's sleeve.

"What?" The boy asked, sounding a bit irritated.

"I drew you a flower for your birthday," the young one said, placing the piece of paper on next to the presents. "I made it the flower purple like your favorite color."

Jongdae smiles and folds it neatly putting it inside his pants pocket. "Thanks, but your present is too small to be put next to the big one. I'll just keep it in my pocket," he tells his tall baby brother and then dashes off to play with the other kids. Chanyeol joins along as well, but then ends up sitting down after his constant coughs. Yixing had to make sure that the boy wasn't running around too much, and Joonmyeon too, gave Chanyeol the attention that Jongdae wanted most on his birthday.

"Is time for cake yet, Baba Xingxing?" The birthday boy asks his father as he grabs his father's hand.

"Did you want to eat cake now?" Yixing questioned, and his son immediately nods his head.

Calling everyone to join along for cake time, Jongdae pulled both his fathers Joonmyeon and Yixing by his side to take pictures. After blowing out the candles, Jongdae scooped the tiny cream off the cake and painted his father Yixing's cheek and ran off laughing hysterically. Present opening came next and Jongdae couldn't wait to see what his aunts and uncles had bought him. More toys? More clothes? More books?

"Can I read their names for Jongjong hyung, Papa Moon?" Chanyeol raises his hand, offering to read the guests name on the present tags. 

"Our Chanyeol wants to read? Sure, go ahead," Joonmyeon acknowledged his son right away, and Yixing gave his little boy a quick peck on the cheek. Seeing that the guests and his parents were giving the attention to Chanyeol because he's getting "smarter" these days was annoying Jongdae. He did not like one bit of it.

"This is from Uncle Lu...Lu... Ha...n. Lu Han," Chanyeol pronounced quickly after reading the characters on the name label, and everyone clapped. Jongdae rolled his eyes and grabbed the gift out of his brother's hands hastily. Opening the gift and seeing that it's a book for the level reading of a second grader, Jongdae thanked his Uncle Lu Han for the gift.

"Min... Min... Seo?" The young boy tilts his head afterwards, not being able to read the name correctly. 

"Minseok," Uncle Minseok helps Chanyeol out a little, and he giggles for feeling embarrassed. Jongdae huffed in anger that everyone saw that as cute. To the birthday boy, his brother is already grown up and taller than he and their eldest brother Baekhyun. Why must he even be called cute? 

"I'm tired now. I'll open my gifts later," the birthday boy snaps quickly, throwing a fit and kicking his presents aside. Yixing was taken aback at his son's action and volunteered to check on his son as Joonmyeon entertained the guests.

Jongdae angrily tucks himself under his spiderman blanket as he huffs at the white wall he's facing. He curls himself into a ball as soon as he hears the door open.

"Jongdae-ssi, are you okay?" It was his favorite Baba Xingxing calling out to him, but he didn't want to look at him now as he's too busy being angry at Chanyeol for stealing the spotlight.

"Baba, I want to be alone," the boy sighs and Yixing is shocked to his now grown up six year old sighing. 

"Alone? You hate being alone though," Yixing replies, patting his son's head softly.

The boy turns around to face his father and then stares at his stubby fingers as he plays with them. 

"It's about Channie again, is it?" 

Jongdae looks at his father immediately and this time, Yixing sighed.

"It's not that I don't like him, baba. I am trying, but he keeps taking my birthday away. It's my birthday and it's no fair," Jongdae pouts right away as he rants to his father when the topic about Chanyeol is brought up.

"Jong baby, what did I tell you? Channie is also your brother like Baekie. You have to love him, okay? Don't you see ZiTao, Jongin, and Sehun loving each other? They don't get mad or pick fights with each other," Yixing explains as he uses his three nephews as an example.

"Am I trouble then?" 

"Baby, you're not in trouble, okay? I just want you to love Channie and treat him like how you treat Baekie."

"But he's different from us! He can't read well and can't even write his own name. My brothers need to be smart!"

Yixing felt heartbroken after what he heard from his son, and lightly brushes the boy's hair.

"Jongdae-ssi should sleep, okay? Maybe a nap will make you feel better. I'm going to go clean up now," Yixing tells his son, and walks out immediately.

Feeling a bit bad as he sees his father near to tears, Jongdae sits up from his bed and sighs again. He started to feel a poke on his and checked his pocket to find Chanyeol's gift to him. 

"I drew you a flower for your birthday."

Jongdae then steps out slowly of his bedroom and walks towards his brother Chanyeol who seems busy awing at their friend Tao showing off his martial arts skill. He pokes the taller boy's back and immediately, Chanyeol turns around with his silly grin.

"You're not napping anymore, hyung?"

"No..."

"Come, you should see Taozi do martial arts! He almost looks like Jackie Chan!"

Jongdae chuckles at his silly brother and held onto his hand as he watches Tao shows off his high kicks. 

 

-

HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO CHEN. <3

*credits to original photo owners*