Mother's Day

Picture Perfect

Sehun has been quite mopey since he got off school. Kyungsoo found it odd that his little boy was being very quiet, when he's usually so talkative and he'll chat nonstop about school.

"Honey, what's wrong?" Kyungsoo asks the quiet boy.

"Appa, why don't I have a mother?" And Kyungsoo is struck with an expression of not know what to say or how to answer his smart son.

"Well, it's not like you and Baba Fan are bad daddies, but I'm just wondering."

The father and son makes a stop at the park for a while, because Sehun says he wants to pick up some flowers. Kyungsoo thought of nothing and lets his son pick the flowers. 

~

"We're home," Kris announces aloud from the door when he and his two eldest boys enters inside the apartment.

"Welcome back, my darlings," Kyungsoo greets his two boys and kisses their head before standing up and pecking his husband's lips.

"Where is Sehun?" 

"He's inside the bedroom. He's been kind of mopey all day and very quiet. I can't seem to get anything out of him as to why he's being sad. He even asked me why he doesn't have a mother," the short man answers his husband.

Kris's eyes widens as he hears this and quickly walks towards the three boys' bedroom to talk with Sehun. 

"Baby?"

"Oh, Baba Fan!" Sehun cheerily smiles when seeing his father.

"What are you doing?" Kris questions, making out a tiny conversation.

"I'm drawing a portrait of our family," the young boy answers.

Kris takes a peek and smiles at how Sehun drew the family of five boys living in a squared home with a triangle rooftop. 

"Baba Fan, why don't I have a mother?" The boy asks the same question for his Chinese father, as his Korean father was stuck earlier on answering.

Heaving a sigh, Kris pets his son's head and smiles, "would you like to have a mother?"

Sehun shakes his head, "I love you and my Appa Soosoo, so I don't need a mother. But today, my teacher had asked us to make a card for our mothers since Sunday is Mother's Day, and I couldn't make one. A couple of the students in my class laughed at me, and so I made nothing."

The boy is frowning again and Kris could also see the teary eyes in his son's eyes. He picks up his son from the seat and hugs him. Sehun bursts into tears while hugging his Baba Fan.

"They told me that having two daddies was disgusting, but why is it? You and Appa Soosoo are so lovely!"

Tao and Jongin peeks inside the bedroom to see what the problem is as to why their baby brother is crying, and Kyungsoo checked as well.

"Baba Fan, I don't want a mother if people says that you and Appa Soosoo are disgusting. I like you two the way you are," Sehun cries some more.

"Shh, shh, it's okay, baby. It's okay," Kris tries comforting his little boy.

Tao looks up at his Appa Kyungsoo when the elder boy walks away. Jongin follows after his Appa Kyungsoo and Tao did as well. 

"Appa?" Jongin could see the tears in his father's eyes and held onto his hand.

"Are you two hungry?" Kyungsoo tries to ignore the tears in his eyes, but the two elder boys knew what was going on.

"Appa Soosoo, don't be sad," Tao tries to say as he smile brightly.

"Yeah, Tao hyung and I don't like it when you and Baba Fan are sad. We want you two to be happy," Jongin chirps next.

"But it's almost Mother's Day and you all don't have a mother."

"That's okay. Who needs a mother when we have two best daddies in the whole wide world?" Tao says with opening his arms really wide.

Kyungsoo laughs and a tear falls. "I love you two so much," and he hugs his sons tightly for always cheering him up.

~

Lying side by side in bed together, Kris pulls out the flowers Sehun had plucked earlier today at the park, showing them to Kyungsoo.

"What is this?" Kyungsoo pretends to not know a thing.

"Happy Mother's Day," Kris jokingly whispers and receives a soft punch from his husband.

"Yah!"

"Hey, it's not my fault that after comforting Sehun, he said that you're the motherly type the teacher described at school."

Kyungsoo scrunches his nose and Kris laughs. 

"He says that his teacher told him that a mother is someone who cooks delicious food for the family, keeps the house clean from being too messy, and always knows their kids best," Kris continues on.

A smile curves onto Kyungsoo's lips and Kris leans in and pecks them. 

"You may not be our boys' mother, but you had set the best example ever. And like I had told you, I don't need a woman in my life to perfect my family picture. Having you and our three boys makes me happier than ever, Do Kyungsoo."

"You cheesy old man," Kyungsoo cracks a laugh and snuggles closer against his husband.

"I am cheesy, but not old," Kris retorts.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

HELLO EVERYONE!

sorry for the slow lack of updates.

been having thousands of other fics in my head being plotted and so i've been distracted.

but Happy Mother's Day to everyone! <3