Nobody Likes Me

Picture Perfect

"You want to make sure that you color inside the black lines," Kris tells Sehun, as he teaches the young boy how to color neatly.

Jongin is twirling around in the living room with the theme song of Doraemon playing on television as it was his time to shine. But he comes to a sudden stop when he sees his older brother Tao walking inside the apartment with his back hunched forward and looking miserable. 

"Tao hyung, you're finally home!" Jongin rushes up to hug his brother.

"Hyung!" Sehun jumps up from the floor and dashes towards his Tao hyung as well.

"Welcome back," Kris welcomes his husband and eldest son with a smile. However, the look on Kyungsoo's face didn't look so great.

"Let's take a bath, hm?" Kyungsoo suggest his boys, and Tao immediately ignores his brothers and walks ahead towards the bathroom. Clueless as the two younger ones doesn't know what's going, follows as well. 

After placing the three boys inside the tub, Kyungsoo exits out of the bathroom and into the living room of where Kris is. 

"Is something wrong?" Kris questions and Kyungsoo nods.

"Tao told me in the car that everyone hates him."

"Everyone like who?"

"The students in his martial arts class that we had put him in. He told me that he dislikes the class, because no one is willing to be his friend. I don't know what to do," Kyungsoo frustrately sighs.

Not sure in what he should do in the situation, Kris decided to ask, "Should I talk to him?" 

"No, no. I'll talk to him."

Tao skips dinner that night, saying that he isn't very hungry. Appa Kyungsoo is worried for him lots and decides on skipping dinner as well, but makes sure that his two young ones eat with their Baba Kris.

"ZiTao?" He opens his boys' bedroom door a tiny bit to fit his head inside, as he peeks over at Tao's bed.

"I'm sleeping," the boy answers. 

Kyungsoo furrows his eyebrows, knowing how much of a lie that is. "If you're sleeping, then why are you talking?" 

Tao then turns over to face his father with sad puppy eyes and Kyungsoo felt his heart breaking all over the place.

"Appa Soosoo, why don't anyone like me?"

"Hey, hey! Why would you ask such a thing? Your Baba Fan, brothers Jongin and Sehun and I love you," Kyungsoo replies quickly as he walks over to sit down by Tao's foot of the bed.

"I'm not talking about love, appa! I'm talking about like! There's a difference," the young boy murmurs and his father laughs whole heartedly at how well his son is telling him the differences of love and like.

Kyungsoo brushes his son Tao's hair away from his eyes and smiles about the old times when meeting Kris.

"I was told that I'm too tall to be in the class and that I look too old. But I'm not that old and ancient, right? I am only five and going to be six. Why would they not like me, appa? Do I look big and scary?" Tao pouts sadly at his father.

"How about I tell you a short story?" He offers away.

"Appa, I'm sad here about not being liked and you want to tell me a story?" Tao arches an eyebrow at his father, and Kyungsoo chuckles.

"It's about how I met your Baba Yi Fan," Kyungsoo replies right away, making Tao all anxious and ready to listen.

"When I first met your baba, he was gigantic to me and really intimidating looking. I thought he would pummel me to the ground any day. But then as I got to know him, he is actually just a sweet and caring guy. Baba took great care of me and protected me from the harm of others. So if those tiny kids at your martial arts class dislikes you for you, they should wait until they see how strong you are! I'm sure they'll all be your friends right away," Kyungsoo ends his short story quickly and tries cheering up Tao a little.

"I'm glad that you met baba. I can see that he cares a lot for you," the young kiddo changes his topic about his Baba Kris now, and Kyungsoo smiles shyly.

"He better care for me. I'm the best he's got," the older man sarcastically says, making his son to laugh and forget about his sad time.

After the kiss goodnights, Kyungsoo exits out of the bedroom and met Kris in the hallway. Kris informs Kyungsoo that the young ones are catching up on a late cartoon show, and Kris came to check up on him and Taozi. 

"Is he asleep now?"

"Yeah, after singing to him, he finally slept."

"What did you two talk about?"

"Uh... Nothing."

"Nothing? That doesn't sound like nothing..."

"Oii, quit being nosey, Yi Fan."

"Do Kyungsoo, don't you run away from me. You can't hide in this tiny apartment!"