Special Day

Picture Perfect

Kris woke up to a delightful feeling knowing that it's his special day. It's definitely his birthday and he can't wait to hear the birthday greetings from his beautiful husband Kyungsoo and his three gorgeous sons Tao, Jongin, and Sehun. 

"Appa, Tao is coloring on my paper!" Sehun snitches out his oldest brother.

"Taozi, be nice to him."

"He's not a baby anymore," Tao responds with a scoff and Kyungsoo gave him the father look. "Fine. I'm sorry, Sehun."

Jongin who isn't fighting with any of his brothers, gladly helps his appa setup the dining table as breakfast is served.

"Good morning!" Kris cheerily greets his family.

"Morning," they all greet back with sounds of zombie mode.

"It's a special day today."

"Yeah, Jongin's having his first ballet recital," Kyungsoo smiles gleefully at his husband Kris and pinches their son's left cheek.

"Oh? I thought that was next week?"

"Baba, have you not been paying attention? It's been rescheduled to today," Jongin lets out a pout, a sign showing that Kris had forgotten his own son.

"Ah, sorry. Long days from work you know," Kris immediately apologizes to his son and ruffles the boy's hair.

"Also, I am getting a gold medal for a great job in martial arts class today," Tao speaks up next.

"Oh my, it's everyone's special day, huh?" Kris mutters softly, and the kids all nod their heads along with their father.

Sehun looks at his Baba Kris who seems to be bothered by something, and places his tiny hands on the older man's. "Baba, Sehun has nothing special today," he tells his father and gave him the cutest eye smile ever.

Kris then pecks his son's head for comforting him, as it seems to him that everyone had forgotten his special day.

-

After receiving a couple 'Happy Birthday' here and there from his coworkers, Kris couldn't believe that his own husband Kyungsoo would forgotten it. There wasn't even a call or a text to say, "sorry love, it's just been so busy since the kids are growing up, but happy birthday!"

Kris came face to face with the front door very late for the first time, as he had asked if maybe Dae Sung could pick Sehun up from the daycare alongside with Na Eun, and Kyungsoo will be home three hours after to get him. Dae Sung obliged to it and Kris thanked his neighbor for the favor and left to feed himself a tiny birthday treat at a cart vendor selling food.

"SURPRISE!" Came from Kris's family and friends. 

"Happy birthday, baba!" His three sons came and hugged him immediately.

Still with a shock face, Kris suddenly broke out in tears and everyone stood there watching him awkwardly.

"Honey?" Kyungsoo walks up to his husband.

"You all did remember that it was my special day. Oh my god, I am so excited and happy. Come here!" Kris instantly wipes his joyful tears away as he hugs and kisses his sons and husband Kyungsoo.

"Happy birthday to you baba! You're a monkey and smell like one too!" Sehun chuckles cutely into the tiny palms of his hand and Tao shakes his head.

"You said it all wrong," the boy rolled his eyes at his youngest brother.

"So is it time for cake yet?" Jongin changes the subject, as he wanted to get to the food.

Kris blew out his birthday candles that were originally supposed to the numbers 3 and 2 but Sehun had played with them, switching the numbers to 2 and 3, making Kris a twenty three year-old man again.

"Now just because the candles says you're 23, don't act cocky and do what you did in the past," Junmyeon lays out a joke and Kris muffles a laugh.

"What did you do when you were 23, baba?" Jongin asks curiously and Kris chuckles shaking his head.

"You'll know one day when you turn 23 as well, baby," Kris answers and kisses his son's head.

-

As the party ends and Kyungsoo finishes cleaning up the mess with the help of Dae Sung and Seung Hyun, Kris then volunteers to put their boys to sleep. When Kris returns to the bedroom to drown on the comfortable mattress and cuddle with his husband, Kyungsoo gave him a wild smirk.

"What are you doing?"

"Your special day isn't quite over, you know?"

Kris's lips curves into a devilish smile as he crawls in bed and under the covers ily.

"Baba, there's a big spider in the room!" Three boys screams in terror.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Happy birthday to the big head monster Kris who practically tried ruling my world. NEVER will he EVER make me his slave!!!! GTFO BIRTHDAY BOY lol