15. Afternoon with the guys

Hello and Goodbye

 

 

After spending the morning with Nanny and her family, I called up my friends to meet up at the nearby mall. I don't have much planned for us since these guys have so much stuff hidden up their sleeves. No matter what it is, I'm sure we'll have fun. 
 

 


It was only 10 minutes bus trip from Nanny's Son's restaurant to the mall. As soon as I alighted, I can already see my friends waiting for me at the entrance. 
 

 


"Dude, where have you been?" Friend B asked
 

 


"You're taking so long. I'm hungry" Friend C complained as he rub his belly.
 

 


"I'm here now. Come on, lets watch that new sci-fi movie!" I exclaimed as I push them along
 

 


"What?! Nerd!" Friend A shouted
 

 


"How about that rom-com movie instead?" Friend D suggested
 


"Dude, Gross~ " all of them said in unison
 

 


"Guys, I'm paying" I declared
 

 


"Fine, we're watching that nerd movie" Friend B said
 

 


"Sci-fi" I corrected
 

 


Outsiders might think that we're too rude at each other, because of how we act but this is normal for us. These bickering stuff is our thing, its our usual. Something I'll miss about them. I'm bound to meet new people in my new school. These guys are my best friends.
 

 


After buying the tickets and some snacks to munch on, we went in and watch the movie. The movie hasn't even started and Friend C already finished his popcorn, which he supposedly be sharing with Friend A.
 

 


"Dude, seriously?" Friend A asked in annoyance
 

 


"Sorry~ let me buy you another" Friend C suggested
 

 


"Guys, quiet down! The movie's starting." Friend D shouted softly. Trust me, it's possible.
 

 


"Since, when did you take interest in this movie?" Friend B chuckled
 

 


"Since we sat down. Now quiet~ " Friend D replied
 

 


I was laughing softly, sitting right in the middle of the group. Seriously, these guys never fail to crack me up. Half way through the movie, I looked both sides and see them staring intently at the screen. And they call me a nerd!
 

 


~ An hour later ~
 

 


"Dude, that was so cool!" Friend D exclaimed. Everyone smiled and agreed.
 

 


"What now?" Friend B asked
 

 


"How about we treat you lunch?" Friend A asked as he pats my back
 

 


"You're actually being nice to me?" I said sarcastically. Unfortunately, I receive a light hit on the head. Yeah~ I should've seen that coming. We all laughed and head towards a rib-joint.
 

 


We settled in our seat and ordered. As we were waiting for the food, the guys went soft on me..
 

 


"So.. We'll miss you~" Friend D said
 

 


"Guys, don't do this here.." I warned
 

 


"Dude, it's the only time we can" Friend A said
 

 


"Yeah~ we don't want to go all emotional with you tomorrow at the airport. I'm sure there'll be girls there!" Friend B said excitedly. We all laughed and started to digress our conversation from me to other non-sensical stuff. 
 

 


After lunch, we decided to go and play at the arcade. We used to do this every weekend. It's one of our routines. More like a stress reliever from all that school work. We love playing the air hockey and also the racing games! We practically played all the games at the at arcade. We got lots of tickets and traded it for ice-cream. Even after that, we still continued playing. Completely lost track of time. 
 

 


"Uh.. Guys, I have to go. I need to meet up with her" I declared after we finished playing a claw game, which I completely failed even after 3 times.
 

 


"Okay lover boy, we'll let you go now" Friend B said
 

 


"Before you go,I wanna do something. I know this might be weird but let's take Neo prints!" Friend A suggested
 

 


"Neo what? Never heard of it" Friend C replied
 

 


"It's those booths were we take photo and the machine prints it out!" Friend A explained
 

 


"Dude, thats too girly!" Friend B said in disgust
 

 


"It might be but there's no girls around and it seems like a good idea. To commemorate this day for our little smart-enough-to-go-to-university-early friend here" Friend D giving me a bro punch.
 

 


"Do we have too?" Friend C asked
 

 


"We should." Friend A replied
 

 


"Only for today!.And never again!" Friend B warned
 

 


Everyone agreed. We went in into the photo booth and started posing funnily. Surprisingly, the guys even took interest in designing the Neo prints. It's quite funny though when a couple of girls walked passed. Everyone dropped what they're doing and pretended that they're just looking around. When the girls glanced at us, they giggled and left. The guys quickly went back to what they're doing. After printing the picture, we decided to split it up.
 

 


"Guys, thanks for everything" I sincerely said
 

 


"Wow~ save it for tomorrow" Friend B replied
 

 


"It's ok buddy!" Friend D gave me a pat on the back
 

 


"Yeah~ dude, we'll send you off tomorrow at the airport. You can do your drama there." Friend C said
 

 


"I'm serious though. Thanks guys!" I said
 

 


"That's what friends are for. Go lover boy, we don't want your lady waiting!" Friend A said as they all waved goodbye. I am very lucky to have these guys.
 

 


As soon as I leave the mall, I took out my phone and SMSed her. 
 

 


*Picking you up in an hour. See you soon:)*