3. Kiss, Parents and Nanny

Hello and Goodbye
 
Our small date after school went great. We went to a small café a couple of blocks away from our school. We chatted for hours; getting to know each other. She’s the president of our school’s drama club. Have done public speaking way more than the student councillors and was voted to be the class chairperson every single semester for the past 3 years. She also sings as a part-time job at cafes and currently conducting free dance lessons, for kids at the local community centre. She was way much cooler than I thought. I mean, I already know those things about her but hearing them directly from her is much better. After a while, I walked her home since it was getting dark.
 
 
 
“Thank you for today” She gleefully said
 
 
 
“No problem” I replied as I tried to look away, hiding my face. I can feel my cheeks burning up. I’m a dude! I shouldn’t be blushing!
 
 
 
“I feel really comfortable around you” She said
 
 
 
“Can we do this again?” she asked looking on the ground. Who am I to say no? The girl I’ve been crushing on wanted to do this again!
 
 
 
“Definitely. I was planning on asking you anyway but seems like you beat me to it” I replied
 
 
 
“Great. I’ll see you in school then~” she said.
 
 
 
 She leaned forward and tip-toed, placing her lips on my cheeks. My eyes grew wide. She quickly dashed off inside her house leaving me frozen. I was completely stunned. I didn’t even move for about who knows how long until a car driving by honked at me to move aside. That definitely snapped me out of my trance. A huge grin was then plastered on my face as I happily skipped back home.
 
 
 
As I approach our front porch, I saw a familiar black audi parked in front. My parents must be home. When I went in, my mother welcomed me with a bear hug as my father patted my back.
 
 
 
“Son, well done getting into that school without any of our help!” He proudly said.
 
 
 
“We already settled everything for you” My mother added. All I did was smile and excused myself to my room. I plopped down on my bed, burying my face on my pillow. I heard a faint knock on my door and it opened slightly. It was my nanny.
 
 
 
“That wasn’t very nice” She scolded as she helped me sit up straight
 
 
 
“I didn’t mean to. What are they doing here anyway? I still have a whole week” asking her.
 
 
 
“They still need to fix all your documents and files so that everything will be easy for you” She explained
 
 
 
“How about you?” I asked. I’m really close with my nanny. My parents have always been busy and she was the one who was always there in their place.
 
 
 
“I can’t go. I love you. You’re like a son to me but my family is here. I can’t bear to leave them.” She said
 
 
 
“I know. Promise me you’ll visit me whenever you can?” I asked, sounding like a 5-year-old
 
 
 
“If it fits in my budget” She joked
 
 
 
“I’ll pay for your ticket” I replied
 
 
 
 “I’ll miss you nanny…” I said as I hug her
 
 
 
“I’ll miss you too baby boy. Enough about this, have you told your friends yet?” She said, changing the subject
 
 
 
“Not yet~ I will soon” I replied
 
 
 
“Well, get change and I’ll have dinner prepared for you and your parents” She said, standing up and leaving my room.
 
 
 
 
I plopped back down my bed and began to rationalise. I need to tell my friends about my situation. I messaged them on our group chat saying
 
*Meet me up early in the morning. I need to tell you guys something important*.