9. Her Dad + Gathering

Hello and Goodbye

 

 

The rest of the day went by smoothly. Surprisingly, I wasn’t worried about anything at all. I was just enjoying the moment. I walked her home.
 

 


“So, what happens now?” She asked as we walked down her street, hand-in-hand.
 

 


“Well… Let’s just enjoy each other’s company and let destiny do its job!” I replied
 

 


“You’re so cheesy~” she said, hitting me lightly on the arm
 

 


“We’re here” She announced and pulled me back to stop. I’ve sent her home before and even picked her up. I remember the street very well, but I can’t seem to remember her house.
 

 


“So, I’ll see you tomorrow?” I asked, rubbing the back of my neck
 

 


“You don’t have to be so shy” She teased
 

 


“I’ll see you in school” She beamed, pecking my cheeks.
 

 


As soon as she did so, her front door opened, her father came out. We quickly pulled away and awkwardly stood there, his arms across his chest.
 

 


“Right on time!” He said in a friendly tone. He held out his hand, asking me to take it. I shakily held out mine and shook his hand.
 

 


“You should get to know me as well before kissing my daughter” He warned as he let go of my hand. I stuttered a sorry towards her father. He let out a soft laugh and patted my back.
 

 


“Relax! I’m just playing with you. I know you’re the guy she’s been talking about non-stop” He said
 

 


“Dad!” She whined
 

 


Her dad and I both chuckled as I bid goodbye. I’m quite glad her father was friendly and isn’t as strict as most dads are. They seem to have a good relationship unlike most teens these days.
 

 




Soon enough, i arrived at my house. I saw my friends' bike parked in front of my porch. Just before I opened the main door of my house, I heard a roar of laughter coming from the inside. I went in and saw my friends chatting with my parents and nanny, in our living room.
 

 


“There you are!” My father beamed, gesturing me to join them
 

 


“I invited them for dinner” My mother explained
 

 


“Dude, why didn’t you invite us sooner?” Friend B said
 

 


“It slipped my mind” I replied
 

 


“I’m sure it did. You have a lot going on~” Friend D said raising his eyebrows.
 

 


“Okay!” I said out loud, avoiding the subject before my parents’ suspect something
 

 


“Are we having dinner or what?" I said as I walk towards the dinner room, with everyone trailing along.
 

 


“We were just waiting for you” Nanny said
 

 


“Yeah dude~ I’m so hungry” Friend C replied rubbing circles on his stomach.
 

 



“You’re always hungry~” Friend D said, smacking Friend C on the head.
 

 


Everyone laughed. It was a simple yet meaningful night. I’m going to miss it.