1. Intro + the other reason

Hello and Goodbye

 

 

I was devastated when I heard the news. I was happy yes, delighted as well, that I got into the school that I’ve always wanted. Despite that, I can’t help but to feel sad that I’ll be leaving the people whom I cherish the most. The people who have been by my side as I grow up, and made me who I am today.  Another sad thing, I don’t even know whether I’ll be able to come back again. My parents’ business is overseas. The same country as the school I applied in. Both of them practically moved there, leaving me with a nanny whom I treated as my real mother. Since I am an only child, I’m automatically the successor and will be taking over the company soon. 

 

Did I mention I’m still a junior in high school?! Accelerating straight to collage is a big step. Takes a lot of hard work and probably heredity from my parents. So what’s the problem? How do I tell my friends? I’m sure they’ll understand but I’m leaving in one week time. I’ll be honest, despite of my family background, I’m not sociable. I have a certain group of friends. I have other friends outside that group but it feels like they won’t even notice whether I’m gone or not. And also, there’s this girl...

 

 

As I approach my class, I notice the girl I like standing outside her class. I’ve liked her for about 3 years now and have never spoken to her, unless you consider “Hi” and “Bye” an actual conversation. Since I only have a week before I leave, I gathered up all my courage and strode towards her. As soon as I opened my mouth, the bell rang. She quickly went in her class and settled in her seat. Feeling defeated, I went to my own class, which is right next to hers. My friends saw what happened and gathered around my table.

 

 

“Dude, what’s up? Did she actually talked to you?” one of them asked

 

 

“Stupid bell! I could’ve talked to her...” I replied as I shove all the books I needed under my table.

 

 

“Don’t worry; you have time until senior year. Unless she gets taken by then” another one of friends said as he walks back to his own seat.

 

 

*More like a week* I thought to myself. School proceeded as usual. I was extremely distracted which made me very fidgety. As soon as the bell goes on for our break, my home room teacher asked me to stay behind for a while.

 

 

“The principal called me this morning. It’s true then. I’m proud of you. “As he said as he patted my back

 

 

“So, you’re leaving this week?” he added

 

 

“Yes, sir” I replied

 

 

“It doesn’t seem like your friends know anything about it. Have you told them? Or anyone in school” he asked again.

 

 

I looked down and shook my head

 

 

“You should tell them soon. You don’t have much time. They’re your friends. They’ll understand” he suggested

 

 

“I will sir!” I replied, noticing the girl I like from my wide vision as she walk pass my class. I quickly bid my goodbye to my teacher and jogged out of my class and tried to catch up to her. Today, I will talk to her.