7. Confrontation

Hello and Goodbye
 
 
I was lost in my own world, contemplating about whether I should tell her or not. I mean, we just started getting to know each other very recently. And it was only yesterday I started talking to her. It's not like she'll miss me anyway. All of the sudden, I felt someone tug at my sleeves. I looked up and saw her pouting at me.
 
 

"I called and waved at you and yet you still didn't notice me.." She said, looking so cute.
 
 

"I'm sorry. Again, lost in my own thoughts" I explained.
 
 

"You do that quite often. Are you sure you don't need to see a psychiatrist?" She joked
 
 

"I was just thinking about you." I blurted out.
 
 

I didn't even realize I said that until she looked away, blushing. To avoid awkwardness I quickly changed the topic.
 
 

"So, are you ready?" I asked
 
 

"Yup! Where are we going anyway?" She beamed
 
 

"At the park. We'll enjoy nature at its best!" I said, getting a bit shy.
 
 

"Sound fun!" She excitedly replied as we start heading to the park.
 
 

The walk to the park was enjoyable. We talked about a lot of random stuff. Like my friends and I getting into different kinds of unfortunate situations and all the fun things she does with her dance class with the kids at the community centre. We are learning more about each other. Being with her feels warm and heart fluttering. I wish we could be more.
 
 

"I want to clarify something.."she trailed off as we sat down the nearby bench.
 
 

"I don't want to sound conceited but, I know you've been eyeing me for a long time now. For some reason, I don't find it odd at all. I know you have a good reason and I want to know, do you like me?" My heart literally skipped a beat.
 
 

I have an inkling before that she knows, but now she's confronting me about it, I don't know what to do. I only blinked my eyes as response. She forced me to look at her. I can see the curiosity in her eyes. She actually look very cute, like a lost puppy.
 
 

"Well?" She asked again.