2. Going after her

Hello and Goodbye
 
 
She must’ve heard my steps since she turned around when I was jogging towards her. I was in a hurry and didn’t manage my speed so I ended up banging into her. We both fell on the ground with her books flying off her arms, and her landing on top of me. I was mesmerized by her eyes. It was like looking at diamonds. They were perfect. I was awakened from by fantasy when she abruptly stood up. 
 
 
 
“I am so sorry...” I shyly apologized, as I help her pick up her books on the floor.
 
 
 
“It’s ok. I was an accident.” She replied.
 
 
 
 I’ve known her for my whole high school life and this is the first time I heard her speak in full sentences. I don’t want to sound like a stalker but, I’ve only heard one word replies and her cute laugh. I was zoning out again that she snapped her fingers in front of my face just to snap me out of my trance. 
 
 
 
“Are you ok? You kind of zoned out?” She asked worriedly.
 
 
 
“I’m fine. I’m really sorry about crashing into you…” I embarrassingly said as I rub the back of my neck
 
 
 
“Like I said, it’s fine. I gotta go.” She said as she walks away.
 I know this is my chance. My only chance before I go. It is now or never. I quickly walked towards her direction with my hands on my pockets.
 
 
 
“Uhm… Hi!” I stupidly said. She looked up to me, meeting my gaze. I felt a connection between us. I’m sure she felt it too but she quickly looked away.
 
 
 
“I know you said its fine but… Can I at least accompany you to the cafeteria?” with all the courage I had, I finally asked her. Not what you guys are expecting but one step at a time.
 
 
 
“I would love that. But, what about your friends?” She asked
 
 
 
“Don’t worry about them. I’m sure they can handle one break without me” I replied.
 
 
 
 I tried to look cool but my whole insides were jumping for joy. The break was probably one of the most exciting throughout my whole life. She was laughing at my corny jokes, asking questions every now and then. She was even more mesmerizing up close. The bell soon rang again, indicating the end of our break.
 
 
 
“This was fun~” She complimented
 
 
 
“Yeah~ do you want to meet up after school? I would love to continue our conversation and get to know you more.” I asked
 
 
 
“Sure!” She excitedly replied, packing her things and head towards her classroom. I bid her goodbye before stepping in my own classroom.
 
 
 
“Dude! Where were you?” one of my friends asked, startling me from the back
 
 
 
“I was with her…” I trailed off
 
 
 
“You mean?” I gave him a nod
 
 
 
“Finally!” one of them beamed, patting my back before seating down in his own seat. I sat back down on my own as we start the class once again.
 
 
 
As much as I want to listen to the lecture, I started to digress. I was so excited to meet her after school. I realized, just when I finally get to talk to her, I’m leaving very soon.