4. Friends + her number

Hello and Goodbye
 
 
Before I start off, I’ll introduce you to my friends. We’re five in total. Friend A is the pretty boy in the group. Girls are literally falling for him. Friend B is the troublemaker and is often late for school. Friend C is the biggest eater. And last but not the least, Friend D was an all rounder. He’s the friendliest and gets along with everyone very well.  My friends and I go way back in elementary school. We were all from different classes and were an outcast. We always notice each other during recess and decided to stick together since then. Luckily, we went to the same school and class in high school. Moving on..
 
 
 
I met up with my friends early the following day. We have at least half an hour before the school even opens so we head to the café where I had my first date with “her”. We’re lucky it was 24/7.
 
 
 
“Dude, it’s way too early in the morning.” Friend B complained.
 
 
 
“I won’t be calling you guys out here if it wasn’t important” I said as we all sat down and look at the menu.
 
 
 
“This better be worth it. You’re cutting in my beauty sleep” Friend A looking at his own reflection on his phone.
 
 
 
“You’ll be paying right? You’re the one who called us out early.” Friend C said as he called out for the waiter placing all our orders.
 
 
 
“So, spill!” Friend D said.
 
 
 
“I’m leaving.” I said closing my eyes preparing for the worst. Instead of the laughter I was expecting, everyone was silent. I opened my eyes and all of them gave me a questioning look.
 
 
 
“What do you mean leaving?” Friend D asked
 
 
 
“Do not kid with us dude!” Friend B joked
 
 
 
 
"I'm not. I got into a university" I said
 
 
 
 
"But you're only a junior~ How is that even possible?" Friend C asked
 
 
 
 
"He's smart enough to get in one." Friend A said as he pats my back
 
 
 
"Thanks!" I replied him
 
 
 
"So when are you leaving?" Friend D asked as he casually sips on his drink
 
 
 
"This weekend. They offered a crash course for me to take to get my high school diploma before starting freshman year" I explained
 
 
 
All of them relaxed and took another sip of their drinks. There was a brief silence up until..
 
 
 
"So that's why you had the courage to talk to her!" Friend A blurted out
 
 
 
"Well, yeah. I mean I should at least talk to her before I leave." I said
 
 
 
"We'll help you out buddy!" Friend D said as he gave me a brotherly hug
 
 
 
"We'll miss you though~ Who are we gonna copy homework from when you're gone?" Friend B joked
 
 
 
We all laughed as we exit the cafe and headed towards our school. Everyone was right, they do understand my situation. On our way, we shared stories that happened to us on the past. Memories that we will all miss. Just when we were about to enter the school gate, I saw her walking the other way around. I called her up and waved at her. She smiled and waved back.  My friends patted my back and said they'll head in first, giving me some alone time with her.
 
 
 
"Can I walk you in?" I beamed
 
 
 
"Sure!" She replied as I lead the way. We were chatting on our way to each other's class. 
 
 
 
"Do you want to meet up again after school?" I asked her before she steps in her class
 
 
 
"I have some errands to run for my mom after school." She explained
 
 
 
I looked down, feeling defeated. I can't help but to feel sad. She probably noticed it.
 
 
 
"But it's only for a short while so maybe we can meet after that?" She said, trying to cheer me up.
 
 
 
"Great! I'll pick you up at your house then." I replied 
 
 
 
"Sure. Let me give you my number just in case" She said as she took out her phone.
 
 
 
Is she really giving me her phone number?! I, once again, was stunned. Leaving me standing frozen in front of her. She again, snapped me out of my trance.
 
 
 
"You ok? You're drifting off again.." She asked worriedly.
 
 
 
"No, I'm fine. Here" I said, handing her my phone as she types away her number.
 
 
 
"I'll call you or SMS you when I'm done with my errand" She said, giving me back my phone as she walks inside her class.
 
 
 
I look back down on my phone and saw at what she named herself in my phone as. It has her name with a star/twinkle✨ emoji beside it. I'm pretty sure by now, she knows I like her.