20. Goodbye

Hello and Goodbye

 

She looked back with wide eyes, obviously surprised. 

 

 

 


"Hey!" She exclaimed, giving me a hug. Her arms around my neck with mine around her waist. Sounds cliché isn't it? Hugging in the middle of the airport. Time has stopped. Feeling like it's just the two of us. But yes, that's exactly how I felt. I don't want to let her go. Sadly, the hugged ended when we heard my friends clear their throats.
 

 

 


"Wow! Just like in the Dramas" Friend A said.
 

 

 


"Yeah love birds~ " Friend C added
 

 

 


"Come on dude, your mom's waiting for you" Friend B said
 

 

 


I intertwined my hand with hers and walked towards the departure gate. I introduced her to my parents and Nanny. They all seemed to like her since Dad mouthed me "she's a keeper"
 

 

 


An announcement was made, calling all passengers to board the plane. I looked at her. Her eyes were already teary. I looked back at my friends and family to give us some time alone. 
 

 

 


"So this is it?" She asked in a shaky voice.
 

 

 


"I want you to have this." I said taking out the ring I bought a yesterday when we went out.
 

 


"It's not exactly a diamond but still a diamond" she giggled as I talked. I took her had out and slipped it on her ring finger.
 

 

 


"Diamond means strength. No matter what life throws at you, I know you'll still be able to stand with your head held high. It also means that my feelings for you are as strong as a Diamond. I hope we'll be able to continue this in the future." I explained. Despite tears were rolling down her cheeks, she was still smiling.
 

 

 


"I hope so too." She replied barely audible.
 

 

 


"I love you." I said as I pulled her in for a kiss. The kiss gentle and full of passion. 
 

 

 


"I love you too.." She replied as we pulled back.
 

 

 


I went to my parents who were already at the entrance of the departure gate. I hugged all my friends and Nanny gave me a kiss on the forehead. I looked back at her as she was with my friends and Nanny. I waved them goodbye and head on with my parents.
 

 

 


I looked back once again, looking at her smiling..
 

 

 


"Goodbye.."