02

The Bet: Game's On!

The encounter finally happened.

Bom stared at the male, not believing one bit what happened. She was currently in his well-built arms and a slight blush crept on her face. Bom wondered, just a few seconds ago she got her books but just after moments she was in someone’s arms. She stared at him, and noticed his eyebrows we're thick, his gaze was locked on her sternly, his facial features we're sharp, he was close to being a perfect human-being, but suddenly she started noticing something and Minji's voice rang in her head.

 ''Oh the angry bird is missing'' Minji giggled earning a curious look from Bom who wondered, why angry bird?

''Angry... bird?'' Bom curiously asked, looking over at Minji who brightly smiled.

''That's what his followers call him because he looks like it!'' Minji fan-girled like a little kid and Bom just shrugged it off.

'''Angry Bird..'' Bom whispered, ever so softly but gasped upon realizing she actually said it out loud once noticing the male's eyebrows furrowing. A couple of moments passed and the final bell rang, bringing them back to their senses. ''Umm..'' she regained her posture standing back on her feet but his arms we're still around her waist, and she felt weird. She coughed getting him back into reality, quickly letting her go before regaining his own posture. There was an awkward silence before Bom spoke up with a soft ''thanks'' while he nodded. She hurriedly got on her knees looking for her books that we're now scattered around and mixed with the males books but right now she didn't care if she got the right one or not, she had to get away fast.

Kris on the other hand, followed her with her stern gaze. He remembered what he whispered, so softly it was barely heard but somehow he managed to hear it. He crouched down, staring at Bom who peered over curiously. ''Angry bird huh?'' He spoke while Bom's eyes widened. Uh-oh, she knew she offended him by his glare, I mean who wouldn't. She bit her lip, wondering what she could reply with and once she replied she wanted to slap herself, because the male wasn't amused one bit at all.

--

Kris stared at Bom, the moment she fell in to his arms he felt something weird inside of him. He noticed she had big brown eyes, cute round nose, pouty pink lips that we're kissable, one could say. He was mesmerized by the sight but denied it in his head. He noticed her lips slowly began to move and was surprised by what he heard. ''Angry bird.''

''A n g r y b i r d'' he repeated in his head.

Kris couldn't believe it, the first encounter they ever had and she dared to call him that? He continued gazing at her, curious to her next few actions not noticing she was still in his arms. She suddenly moved, regaining her posture but somehow Kris didn't move, his arms we're still s around her waist and when a cough interrupted his train of thoughts he quickly let go, flustered. Her voice though, rang through his ears when she said a simple ''Thanks''. It was something refreshing, angelic one could say but he quickly shrugged it off wondering what he was thinking. Angelic, seriously? He mentally face palmed himself while she crouched down, looking for her books. He decided to do the same, and stare at her not forgetting the angry bird mention.

''Angry Bird huh?'' he glared at her, wondering where she got the guts from and her next reply surprised him completely. ''Un, because... You look like the red angry bird'' He stared at her flabbergasted while her eyes rounded. She hurriedly got up before rushing off to class until he roughly grabbed her arm, and pushed her towards the wall while he put both hands on the wall, cornering her completely. 

''Do you mind repeating it'' he stared at her, half angry while she let out a slight gasp. Her heart beated a triple times faster, and her breathe was hitched in , She didn't know what to do, mainly because she was actually completely drown into his dark brown orbs, staring at her sternly. And then he smirked. ''Did you fall that easily for me?'' He grinned, completely taking her off-guard. Conceited.... much? ''If you keep staring at me like that I might melt'' He teased, blood rushing to her cheeks. She gathered all her courage and pushed him off completely. ''Conceited jerk'' was all he heard before she rushed off back to class leaving him with an amused smile on his face. This was definitely interesting.

xxxxx

Bom couldn't believe it, she's never met such a conceited jerk before. Dara knew something was up after she came back in class with a flushed red face but Bom managed to slip out, reassuring Dara it was just because she rushed grabbing her books. The rest of the classes passed by smoothly though Bom lost her focus completely. She remembered the dark brown orbs she stared into for such a long time and she saw mixed emotions in them. She couldn't pinpoint exactly what. She sighed once the bell rang after ages indicating that classes we're over. Her thoughts of the guy somehow disappeared as Dara dragged her quickly out. It was good though, Bom was positive she wouldn't meet him again and decided it'll be best to not think about something which was a complete waste of time.

''Dara yah, slow down!'' Bom whined, while Dara giggled in response. ''Park Sandara we aren't participating in a marathon!'' She whined and Dara came to a halt, greeted by the younger ones. ''Did you run a marathon or something?'' Chaerin asked Bom, amused as she kept panting, trying to catch her breath. ''This lady here dragged me'' she regained her posture, glaring at Dara who blinked innocently. ''Well, I had to we can't miss Soohyuk and Jong Hyun's basketball match'' her eyes sparkled and Chaerin face palmed herself softly while Bom gaped at the girl next to her. ''You... have more crushes?'' Bom gaped, while Dara gasped and the other two laughed. ''It's not a crush, they're just incredibly handsome. Plus they're older males, graduated and working already'' she grinned while Bom nodded, she knew them obviously. ''Right... So what are they doing here?''

''The place where they usually hung out is closed due to maintenance so they drop by here after school since it's the nearest place'' Bom could only nod as she spotted a familiar blonde haired guy, and that's where she lost it. ''Let's hurry what are you guys waiting for?'' she whimpered, pushing them all forward earning curious glances from the three. ''What I wanted to see how much more handsome they actually got??'' She managed to get out thus their journey to the basketball court began.

xxxxx

''So, you took rather long earlier'' Suho grinned, looking at Kris who just rolled his eyes at his remark. ''I had to pee on the way back'' he murmured getting a nod from Suho. Obviously that was a lie, the real reason was that he finally encountered his target and was amused by her though, he had to give it to Baekhyun, the target was interesting, especially after that angry bird remark. He had to admit, he hated the angry bird comparison, though many agreed with it, he found it stupid and silly. It looked nothing like him.

''So you guys ready for the match'' Baekhyun joined the two while the rest followed. ''Sure sure, let's get this over with'' Sehun groaned, he wanted to finish it quickly so he could have fun later on. ''You should seriously loose that habit of yours, and you are the youngest!'' Xiumin frowned while he laughed. ''Right..'' He flipped his hair to the side while girls as usual squealed. ''Are you playing too?'' Lay asked looking at the taller male but no response was heard, and he followed his gaze, staring at a girl with a smirk. Lay's lips slightly curled up noticing he was staring at the girl Baekhyun picked for the bet. He saw her pant, probably after running while joining her group. The petite girl spazzed over something and they all laughed about it. He suddenly felt a tad bit bad, what if she actually fell for him and was hurt afterwards? He could only wonder as he looked at Kris. But what if... He actually fell for her instead? Lay's thoughts were suddenly interrupted by a pat on his shoulder. Turning around he heard snickers from the guys that passed him by with thumbs ups. He noticed they we're already outside and smiled at the girl standing in front of him.

''Yah, I called you numerous times'' she frowned whining while Lay laughed at her cute behavior. ''You ignored me..''             ''I didn't, I can never ignore my baby'' he grinned, while a blush crept on the girls cheek. ''I seriously cant with you''' she started walking away, arms hugging her books tightly while he followed. ''Wait, Minnie ah~'' he cooed while she grinned, something Lay couldn't see as he was still behind her. Lay was the only one with a steady girlfriend. The fan girls didn't approve though but it had been three years Lay dated Lee Min Hee, someone he fell for at first glance. The fan girls started to find them cute, and didn't bother them at all, they still had eleven others, one could say in a fan girl’s perspective.

''Minnie~~ My minnie mouse~'' He managed to grab her arm, turning her around with a grin on his face. ''You know you can't escape me'' he singsonged, while she made a face, trying to hide the smile that was slowly appearing on her face. ''Oh really now~'' she titled her head to the side, staring straight into Lay's eyes. ''I love you~'' he cooed, before landing his lips on Min Hee's soft lips and a spark was felt by both.

''Oh come on!'' Tao whined looking at the two, while the older male glared at him and Min Hee just blushed. ''You ing... argh'' Lay gave him one last glare while Tao raised his arms innocently. ''You're not supposed to do it out in the open!'' He laughed, hurriedly walking away before Lay could eat him up.

''I'm so jealous of Lay hyung'' Baekhyun whined while the rest walked pass the couple, snickering and giving their thumbs ups. ''N'aww don't be sad, I'm sure you'll get someone soon'' Suho patted his head while he frowned. ''Three years and still going strong'' Luhan peered over in awe. ''Well who knows we might have a new couple born'' Kai grinned with Chanyeol followed by the rest who slowly got what he meant. ''Sehun should learn from his hyung though, the playboy style is absolutely a no-no'' Suho glared at the younger one who just shrugged. ''Father Suho, please'' he rolled his eyes, speeding up his pace of walking.

''Yah why are you walking so fast, jeez'' Kyungsoo murmured while he just stuck out his tongue. ''Childish maknae'' Chen sneered and they all laughed again. ''Oh, seems like they're here too'' Chanyeol looked over at the bleachers, once getting close to the basketball court and he started grinning, peering over at Kris and Tao who we're walking far in the back. Kris and Tao both noticed her, happily laughing with two guys and suddenly got curious. They got inside in the court and started to walk to the right side of the court to the bleachers who weren't occupied as only the left side was. They started to get ready, dribbling the basketball in process on which to Kris focused but Tao just continued to stare and when Kris finally looked up, he noticed she was gone.

--

''Wow, Bom I didn't know you we're back?'' Soohyuk and Jong Hyun grinned, giving her a bear hug while she smiled. ''No one actually knew, it happened so fast'' she replied, still smiling widely. ''This unni, she's always so secretive and drops a bomb the last minute'' Minji whined remembering when Bom suddenly dropped by her house a couple of days ago without a warning at all. Chaerin and Dara nodded making her laugh. They all catched up with Soohyuk and Jong Hyun telling Bom the things that happened in their life while she was gone, the same the girls did earlier. Bom was close with the two males, she knew them for quite a while now and she was happy they got to catch up again.

''So, you're telling me you’re still single?'' Jong Hyun basically gaped at the woman who smacked his arm in return. ''Yah, my studies, my studies go first you moron'' she answered in return getting giggles from the rest. Soohyuk grinned, nudging the male next to him secretly without anyone noticing and a smile crept on Jong Hyun's face.  He was about to ask something until Bom's phone rang loudly, a reggae tune blasting with a catchy tune.

I keep falling in love, falling in love~

She hurriedly picked up only to be greeted by her father who told her to hurry up home and she was incredibly happy. He was for once earlier then her at home, and they could finally eat a meal together again. Ever since the divorce she always felt lonely. Back in the US, her mother worked constantly and she was always mostly home alone. With her father it's almost the same since he stays most of the time at the university since he's the principal but she didn't mind, at least she got to see him more than her mother back then.

''Seems like I have to go'' Bom looked at the girls; sorry that she couldn't hang out much longer but they just smiled in return. ''Well, get home safely arasso?'' Chaerin's motherly side kicked in making her laugh. ''Yes mother, I will'' she teased earning a gasp from the younger one. ''Yah, take that back'' Chaerin pouted and Bom grabbed her bag in process. ''Mother Chaerin'' she continued teasing getting laughs from the rest. ''You guys never change'' Soohyuk grinned and Minji nodded. Not soon after Bom bid her goodbye's after the two males asked her for a ride since their car was parked near, but she refused since her father told her someone would pick her up. Before turning around, she noticed it got crowded, and peered over only to see the guy with blonde hair once again, dribbling the basketball. She hurriedly turned around, rushing out of the gates not noticing another male was staring at her.

''Well, aren't you guys playing?'' Minji asked, as she took a seat on the bleachers while Dara and Chaerin followed. ''Sure sure, the rest of the gang is already in court so let us show you our amazing skills'' Jong Hyun grinned to which Chaerin rolled her eyes. ''Right'' she laughed and stopped once noticing someone stared their direction. He was looking around curiously, perhaps looking for someone.

Chaerin just continued following his actions and noticed he was with his group, and she got curious but shrugged it off not long after

.

 

 

 

Woot, Sorry if it's going to slow, or if it's boring. This author is trying its best!

Special appearance by Lay's girlfriend, specially for my teobo Gjie haha.

Please comment, subscribe and upvote <3