26

The Bet: Game's On!

Bom groaned as she looked at the figure next to her. She mentally glared at the males around her. The moment Kris fell on top of her she grunted in annoyance and asked for help but of course she did not fail to notice the smirks Suho and Sehun had.

‘’Excuse me’’ she called out to the stewardess who raised her brows waiting for Bom to continue. ‘’There’s someone injured here, don’t you need to do something?’’ She stood up, looking sternly at the figure who widened her eyes. ‘’Ah, yes…’’ she nervously replied about to walk back to her seat in the back but was suddenly stopped with Luhan in front of her.

 ‘’Oh, don’t we need to take our seats and buckle our belts? It’s time to go right?’’ he looked at the lady who hurriedly replied a yes and Bom gasped.

‘’Ya, we’re all standing!? I didn’t hear an announcement about flying’’             ‘’Exactly, but now you did so hurry’’ he quickly pushed her back to the seat next to Kris and she glared at Luhan who kept smiling. ‘’Ah, here’s the first-aid kit’’ the lady hurriedly handed her the box before disappearing leaving Bom stuck in her seat with a half knocked out Kris next to her.

‘’You…’’ she glared at Luhan who quickly rushed to his seat while the rest followed. She took a deep breathe before turning to Kris and somehow softened. God knows what he was up to last night but it looks like he got into a fight. She sighed as she looked at him, she didn’t want to treat any of his wounds, she didn’t even want to sit next to him heck she didn’t even want to see his face but somehow seeing him in a state like this… made her wonder.

She took another deep breathe before turning towards him with the first aid kit in her hands. ‘’Yi Fan’’ she called out and sighed when there was no reply. The bruises and cuts weren’t that bad so it wasn’t that serious. ‘’Yi Fan wake up’’ she called out again and she noticed him stirring a bit. ‘’Fine’’ she muttered as she dabbed a cotton in alcohol before dabbing it on a freshly bleeding cut. One… two… three-…

‘’AH!’’ he groaned as he winced from the burning sensation on his cheek. ‘’Serves you right’’ Bom muttered looking away, sighing. ‘’What the hell?’’ he muttered as he opened his eyes only to see Bom in front of him. ‘’Be quiet’’ she replied as she continued dabbing the wounds on his face.

‘’When and where did you plan this?’’ Suho whispered in Luhan’s ear who just smiled looking at the two seats in front. ‘’I didn’t, it’s simply.. fate’’ he grinned as he leaned his head back and Suho let out a small chuckle. ‘’Whatever’’ he looked ahead of him, observing the two in front through the small split in between the two seats.

‘’Stop being a baby’’ Bom stated firmly and Kris made a face. ‘’It hurts’’ he replied and she rolled her eyes. ‘’Be a man’’ she fired back and he groaned. She continued cleaning all the cuts and bruises and she saw him wince a couple of times and mentally sighed. Once done she put everything back in the kit before leaning back in her seat. She was frustrated, she wanted to get back home quickly and cut all ties with the males seated here but at this rate it was impossible. Last night she thought about everything, she could be one of the girls that cry and cry over a thing like this or she could be the girl that ignores whatever happened and move on, the latter was her best option for now.

‘’I’m sorry…’’ she heard a soft whisper break her thoughts and she slightly opened one eye to see if she wasn’t imagining it. She stayed quiet and he did too, all that was heard was the small talks in the back and the engines of the plane.

‘’You never told me why you’re in a state like this and who actually did this to you, I feel like I should thank that person’’ she chuckled and he widened his eyes, ‘’Ya!’’ he looked at her and she shrugged it off. Another short silence followed before he finally spoke up, ‘’I got into a fight’’ he simply replied and she nodded.

The plane ride after that was silent. Kris stole a couple of glances of the woman next to him while she looked to her left, staring out of the window since Kris took the window seat on the right. ‘’Bom..’’ he called her and she turned to look at him, waiting for him to start. ‘’I’m sorry’’ he apologized again and before she could reply she noticed they had already landed and they we’re allowed to get out. She hurriedly got up completely ignoring him, walking out of the plane waiting for the girls outside and he sighed.

‘’Look at you’’ Luhan muttered as he peered over his seat. ‘’This isn’t the Kris I know’’ he looked at him and Kris sighed. This wasn’t like him at all.

--

‘’What happened?’’ Minji asked Bom as soon as they got out of the airport, looking around. ‘’Nothing, they tricked me or well… sort of’’ she muttered and Minji nodded, ‘’what happened to Kris?’’               ‘’Why are you worried?’’ She shot back and frowned, ‘’Sorry’’ Bom muttered and Minji smiled. ‘’He got into a fight that’s all’’ Bom patted her head and she nodded, she knew how Bom felt and she knew this was all an act she put up.

‘’Park Bom!’’ a voice called out and she turned around not noticing the guys already gathered at the exit near her. ‘’Ah I’m right on time!’’ the guy grinned and Bom gasped, totally not expecting him to show up. ‘’Took you long enough’’ Chaerin grinned, high fiving the male who let out a laugh. ‘’Kidding we just came out’’ Chaerin finished with Dara smiling next to her. ‘’Oh, Jong Hyun? I didn’t… expect you to come?’’ Bom smiled as she hugged the male who continued grinning. ‘’Surprise’’ he high fived Minji In process who nodded.

‘’How was your trip?’’ he asked looking at the four who smiled. ‘’It was good’’ Dara replied and they all nodded. ‘’Didn’t Soohyuk come too?’’ Chaerin asked curiously looking around, ‘’Yeah he’s somewhere here with his car’’          ‘’You came separately?’’ Minji asked this time and he nodded. ‘’He’s dropping you all home except…’’ he turned to Bom with a breath taking smile, ‘’Bom… I’m taking her somewhere’’ he scratched the back of his head shyly and the three girls giggled. ‘’What is this?’’ they teased and Bom couldn’t help but laugh.

‘’Ya! Jong Hyun why didn’t you wait for me you brat’’ Soohyuk called out and the girls all laughed. ‘’Well, now that he’s here’’ Jong Hyun took Bom’s bag hurriedly, throwing it in the trunk before walking back to her grabbing her hand. ‘’Excuse us’’ he smiled, dragging her towards the car and she sighed. ‘’You’re taking me by force silly’’             ‘’The only way I get to spend some time with you’’ he gave her another one of those breath taking smiles closing the door before rushing off to the drivers side.

‘’Tsk, ditching us like this’’ Chaerin mockingly rolled her eyes with her hands crossed over her chest leaving Jong Hyun to laugh, ‘’I’ll make it up promise’’ he waved before speeding off on the busy high way with the four left smiling.

‘’When there we’re none left, another suddenly appears…’’ Luhan sighed while Suho eyed Chaerin carefully.

‘’Damnit’’ Kris muttered as he looked at the car disappearing.

xxxxxx

Bom sighed as she laid on her bed with Danchoo, Yeoreum and Choco. She had missed them dearly and she’s been cuddling them the moment she came back home. Jong Hyun wanted to take her out for a drink or lunch but she kindly rejected saying she was tired. It wasn’t a lie though, she was incredibly tired. She didn’t have much sleep last night and was surprised she didn’t looked like a panda in the morning.

‘’Danchoo~’’ she cooed as she saw the dog get off her bed, soon followed by the other two and she frowned. ‘’Food’s ready’’ she pouted and laid back down, staring at the ceiling. Just a day before yesterday she felt like she was on cloud nine, the place Kris took her, the place he confessed, the kiss they shared… it felt like a dream now.

Especially when she found out there we’re no feelings involved from the other side, she was simply played like a fool.

And that’s where she decided, she has nothing to do with them anymore.

--

The days passed by like that and so far, Bom succeeded in her plan of ignoring the twelve and continue like just before she met them. Sure they all tried and apologized but even if she did forgive, it didn’t matter. She doesn’t want to get involved ever again.

‘’Did Krystal go back?’’ Dara asked and Chaerin shook her head, ‘’She’s been on silent mode at home’’ Chaerin took a sip of her drink while Dara nodded. ‘’That brat better have learnt her lesson’’ Dara muttered and Chaerin smiled, ‘’Oh I bet she did’’ she smiled wider and Minji gaped at her. ‘’What… did you do?’’ she carefully asked and Chaerin just shrugged it off.  ‘’I just knocked some well needed sense in her’’             ‘’Well you can’t do much though all she did was reveal the truth however the intentions behind It was wrong’’ Minji sighed and the other two nodded. ‘’Where’s Bom though?’’ Chaerin asked, looking at Dara who shrugged. ‘’She had something to do in class so well she’ll be late’’

‘’You know…’’ Minji started, looking at the table while the two listened to the younger one, ‘’I don’t like this at all’’ She honestly confessed with the two looking at each other. ‘’I don’t like how this turned out’’        ‘’Neither do I but I guess Bom needs some time’’ Dara replied, staring blankly ahead of her. ‘’He simply needs to man up and pursue her with true feelings’’ Chaerin stood up while the two looked at her.

‘’If he can’t do that then he was never serious to begin with..’’

--

‘’What’s with the face’’ Kyungsoo asked and Kris groaned, ‘’Go away’’ he waved his hand while Kyungsoo made a face. ‘’Disrespectful’’ he glared at Kris who fiddled around with the chair. ‘’So romeo, have you though of something yet?’’ Luhan asked and he sighed. ‘’She’s been ignoring me completely’’               ‘’And us’’ Luhan pointed out and he rolled his eyes. ‘’This ’’ he muttered and Luhan nodded.

‘’On the other side, I’m glad you made up with Tao’’ Luhan smiled at Kris who nodded. ‘’It did take a couple of fists though’’ he tilted his head to the side while Luhan laughed. ‘’I swear I  thought one of you would die right then and there’’ he chuckled as he looked at Kris. He had fresh bruises once again not that the older ones we’re healed but this time Tao had some too. The two had a tough fight which none of them understood why but according to them it’s something between them, the reason their friendship actually started. Kris sighed as he stared ahead of him. He wondered, just weeks ago he wasn’t like this. He was that cold mean guy that loved to tease, who knew love could change him completely? He let out a mocking laugh.

‘’I’m not going to let it go simply like this’’ he got up without looking back at Luhan who just grinned in return. ‘’Better do it properly this time~’’

--

‘’Thankyou so much Bom, I have to get something though, wait here and I’ll explain to you once I get back’’ Mr. Nam guiltily smiled at her while she nodded. ‘’Please take your time’’ she politely bowed before taking a seat in the class with a sigh as he saw her teacher hurriedly rush off.  She had to ask him a couple of things she didn’t understand and was glad he’d help out. These days she was completely focused on her studies, in some way it helped her clear her mind.

‘’Psst..’’

 

‘’Psssst…’’

 

‘’Psssssstt-…’’        ‘’WHAT!?’’ she turned to her right, completely ticked off with the sound and stared blankly at the male in front before turning back to her books. ‘’Pssst….’’

‘’’Psssssstt…’’

‘’Pssss-…’’        ‘’Would you stop that?’’ she blurted and she saw him flinch, and she was completely annoyed. Her plan was going perfect yet these days he’s finding her himself these days and it ticked her off.. ‘’I’m sorry’’ he muttered again and she sighed. ‘’When will you stop doing that?’’

‘’Till you accept my apology’’                 ‘’So what after it?’’ she blurted, taking him off guard. ‘’Then I’d like to..’’ he paused and she pressed her lips on a firm line, curious on what he has to say and once he did she froze.

‘’Sincerely start over again’’ he scratched the back of his head and she slightly nodded. ‘’Or you want to try another bet?’’ she looked at him straight in the eyes while he stayed quiet. ‘’I’m done and through with you so please can you stop bothering me!?’’ she almost raised her voice until she noticed Mr. Nam came back in class and noticed the tension.

‘’Umm, I… will… um…be  back in a bit…’’ Mr. Nam hurriedly spoke until Bom stopped him, ‘’No, we’re done talking he’s going’’ she stated firmly, turning back to her books while he nodded. ‘’Well see you later’’ Mr. Nam closed the classroom door and Kris sighed, this was harder then he thought. She was stubborn and it’s going to take him a lot more then this.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

yay for double update