25

The Bet: Game's On!

Krystal grunted as she stared at the door wide open. She finally did it though why wasn't she satisfied? Wasn't this all she wanted? Then why did she feel bad? She groaned as she kicked the air. ''In the end I was the all along...'' she muttered, staring at the ceiling.

--

A silence filled the place with the slap still echoing through their minds. Luhan’s eyes widened along with Tao’s while Dara looked away. Kris silently groaned as he looked back at the figure standing in front of him, completely pissed but looking straight into her eyes he could see the pain, the betrayal, she was shattered inside.

‘’Let me ex-..’’          ‘’No’’ Bom stated firmly, her voice about to crack. ‘’You’ve done all you wanted o and I’ve heard enough’’ she glared at him, while the rest stayed quiet. ‘’It’s all wro-…’’          ‘’What is? The bet?’’ She mockingly laughed at him while he furrowed his eyebrows. ‘’You’ve won so what did you win? A couple of bucks?’’ she titled her head to the side with a slight smirk over taking her lips taking everyone by surprise by her completely different side.

‘’Oh wait’’ she continued smirking as she remembered she carried a small purse in case needed and hurriedly dug through it, fishing out a couple of bills. ‘’Congratulations, here’s your prize’’ she smiled before throwing the bills right at his face catching everyone off-guard especially Kris. ‘’Noona it’s not like-…’’ Tao hurriedly walked over to her but she stopped him mid-way with her hand held up. ‘’I’d congratulate you too but according to the bet you lost, no?’’ she put her lips on a firm line while he gaped at her. ‘’And it’s Park Bom’’ she looked at him before turning to Luhan and he could’ve sworn he saw a tear threatening to roll down but she hurriedly turned away about to walk away but Kris held her back.

‘’Stop, Bom it’s not like what you think it is’’          ‘’Oh but it’s exactly what I think it is?’’ she sternly fired back, trying to wiggle off his grip on her arm but he held on strongly. ‘’No, I swear Bom, It’s not like that we did make a bet but it was called off I swear’’ he muttered and she grunted. ‘’I fell in love with you instead…’’ he whispered, only for her to hear and she froze. For one split second, her heart raced and she started to believe it until the things Krystal said ran through her head.

‘’It’s true… and once I knew that the two held a bet of whoever makes Bom fall for them first… I knew I could use it to completely break them up..’’

‘’Who are you trying to fool?’’ She let out a laugh and he widened his eyes slightly. ‘’I’ve had enough of this, I’ve had enough of you and your friends’’ she glared at each one of them before turning back to the male in front. ‘’I should’ve known the moment Tao came to talk to me, the moment you all started meddling with us, the moment you talked to me’’ she glared at him, completely furious while the rest kept silent.

‘’Goodbye’’ she spoke again after a short silence, loud enough for all of them to hear before she harshly pushed away Kris his arm, walking away leaving them all dumbfounded.

What did the males have to say? Weren’t they the ones who suggested it in the first place?

What about the ladies? What did they have to say? Who was right and who was at fault? Minji knew before them yet she ignored the fact and supported Kris to win her heart because somehow in some way she knew he was sincere. What about Dara? She had mixed feelings, the guys she always fangirled over turned out to be complete jerks? Lastly what about Chaerin? She had a stern look on her face, she wanted to beat them all up, but she knew there was another story behind this. She knew Kris too well and even if they weren’t as close as back then she knew him all too well. After all he was her first crush, sort of first love.

Xxxxxx

The party was off; everyone was back inside the resort. Bom locked herself up in the room from inside so no one could enter, leaving the three girls to worry sick in Chaerin’s shared room with Minji. The boys we’re all in the gaming room, but no one touched anything, everyone just sat there completely tensed.

‘’Do you think… she’s alright?’’ Kyungsoo silently whispered, with the rest staying quiet. ‘’I heard she locked herself up…’’ Lay spoke up this time and Luhan his eyebrow twitched. ‘’I knew it was a bad idea from the start’’ Chen groaned while the rest nodded. ‘’Yet we went with it’’ Kai sighed as he looked at the empty seat across him. The moment Bom left Kris followed soon after to god knows where. Suho peered over at Tao who fiddled around with his hands and then his eyes landed on Luhan. He did not fail to notice the look Bom gave him and wondered what Luhan was thinking.

‘’I think we should head up and pack… we’re leaving early in the morning’’ Baekhyun muttered and they all silently nodded. ‘’I’ll check on the girls’’ Luhan rushed out without hearing any reply. ‘’Well… I hope this is just a bad dream..’’ Sehun whispered before heading up.

--

‘’You knew it way before?’’ Chaerin gasped as she looked at the younger one who frowned. ‘’Kai told me’’           ‘’And you didn’t do anything!?’’ she blurted making Minji flinch a tad bit and instantly Chaerin felt guilty for raising her voice. ‘’He apologized and at that time the bet was off, Kris approached Bom whole heartedly he fell in love with her way before Bom did…’’

‘’What?’’ Chaerin looked at her while Minji nodded. ‘’The bet was between Tao and Kris, but they both fell for her instead so they called off the bet… and instead they had something else between them’’

‘’Something between them… meaning they went for Bom both putting aside their friendship?’’ Dara muttered and Minji slowly nodded. ‘’Who knew…’’ Chaerin whispered knowing fully well Kris wasn’t like that back then but then again people change once they fall in love… right?

‘’That isn’t all though’’

‘’What do you mean?’’ The younger females stared at the older, waiting for her to continue but she kept silent for a moment until her voice was heard again.

‘’Kris and Tao aren’t the only ones that fell for Bom… Luhan did too’’

Xxxxx

The morning soon came and they we’re all up and ready to head back home, something Bom missed dearly. After last night, she locked herself in the room and basically thought about everything all over again. She was hurt, once again she was hurt. How easily did she let Kris get to her though? These past weeks went in a blur and deep down she knew there was something else to the story but she couldn’t be bothered with it.

‘’Bom?’’ A voice called out with a soft knock and she stayed quiet. She knew that voice all too well and she sighed. They had been bugging her last night and gave up a while later and since a few hours ago it started again. ‘’Mm, all packed’’ she looked at her luggage and went to look around the room if she forgot something. When she didn’t find anything she missed she quickly grabbed her luggage. Dara already packed earlier and went downstairs after Bom told her she’d be down in a couple of minutes.

She hurriedly went to the door and saw Luhan standing in front and mentally cursed, she forgot he knocked earlier. She noticed he didn’t sleep at all, his eye bags we’re clear he looked incredibly tired. She gave him one last glance before walking off leaving Luhan to sigh out loud. ‘’You coming?’’ Xiumin asked from behind and he nodded, following the male.

--

‘’Are you okay?’’ Dara asked carefully and Bom nodded, it’s like nothing happened at all last night and Dara was worried. ‘’Aren’t we going yet?’’ she furrowed her brows while she nodded. ‘’We’re waiting for-…’’     ‘’Screw that’’ she put her lips on a firm line, ‘’the cab I called earlier is here so’’ Bom pointed at the car, walking towards it while Dara sighed. ‘’What happened?’’ Chaerin asked and Dara pointed towards Bom and she nodded. ''She's decided to ignore whatever has happened and move on...'' Dara sighed, ''Can you call Minji? I’ll take our bags’’

‘’Minji?’’ Chaerin carefully called as she saw her talking to Kai. ‘’Mm?’’ she turned around looking at Chaerin who sighed. ‘’Get your bag we’re going with a cab’’ she simply replied looking at Kai sternly. She noticed he was worried, probably because of yesterday or… something else. Minji simply nodded, grabbing her bag before walking to Chaerin. ‘’What was that all about?’’ Chaerin asked and Minji sighed. ‘’Apparently Kris didn’t come back last night’’

‘’What?’’

‘’Yeah, a few of them went to look so I asked if he was okay’’

Chaerin sighed as she looked at Bom then thought about Kris. It was his fault, it was their fault so why does she feel bad about this all? More importantly she was worried about Bom, she acted like nothing happened at all, like yesterday was all just a bad dream and she hated it, she wanted Bom to show whatever she felt, to tell her, let it out because she knew this method was completely wrong, she was hurting herself with it.

‘’Everything in?’’ The cab driver asked and Dara nodded before she took a seat in the back along with Chaerin and Minji while Bom sat in the front with her window half rolled down while looking outside. She caught Tao’s stare and she hurriedly looked away, ignoring him completely before the cab drove off.

--

‘’He’s nowhere to be found’’ Suho sighed as he ruffled up his hair. ‘’Did the girls come?’’ he turned to Kai who nodded. ‘’Went in a cab’’ he replied and Suho sighed. ‘’He isn’t picking up either’’ Sehun joined the two and Suho mentally cursed. ‘’What if he went ahead?’’ Xiumin asked and Chen nodded. ‘’He might be already there you never kno-..’’            ‘’Kris just called, he told us to go ahead’’ Kyungsoo rushed over to the four, catching his breath in between. ‘’What!? That’s odd’’ Suho muttered and the rest nodded. ‘’Well, I’ll call the rest so let’s just go’’ Chen nodded at them before heading back in the resort to call the rest.

Xxxxx

Bom mentally cursed inside her head, she completely forgot she came with Baekhyun’s private jet, how did that slip her mind? She sighed as she leaned back in to her seat, staring blankly ahead. ‘’Be right back’’ she nodded at Dara who sat next to her while the other two younger ones sat the opposite side. She hurriedly walked to the small restroom and checked herself until she heard faint noises from outside.

‘’Great’’ she whispered knowing very well who came inside. Once it went quiet she went out to walk back to her seat with all eyes on her until she heard gasps coming from all the males their mouth. She furrowed her eyebrows, did she do something wrong? She followed their gazes and turned around and once she did she groaned as she felt the heavy weight that knocked her on one of the seats.

‘’What the-…’’ she widened her eyes as she saw Kris right on top of her, completely beaten up.