27

The Bet: Game's On!

‘’What’s with the sudden request though?’’ Bom smiled as she clutched her phone tightly to her ear while she put some cereal in a bowl with her free hand. It was Saturday morning and she woke up a little later than usual, not that she really cared since it was weekend anyway.

‘’Mm’’ she pressed her lips on a firm line and nodded, ‘’Okay see you later then’’ she smiled as she put away her phone, grinning to herself. These days Jong Hyun made a lot of effort, he’d call her almost every day just like the old days and talk about random things, something she liked. She was slowly but surely getting over what happened two months ago, maybe because she mostly spend time with Jong Hyun and Soohyuk, or maybe she just didn’t want to think about it at all.

‘’Oh, Bom I see you finally woken up’’ Mr.Park grinned at his daughter who sheepishly smiled back, ‘’aren’t we in a good mood?’’ she teased and he let out a laugh. ‘’You could say so’’ he scratched the back of his head and she grew curious, ‘’Spill it’’ she tilted her head to the side as he looked at the older male carefully. He’d seem more relaxed, and she was glad he finally took a couple of days off now and then from work which surprised her at first but then again…

‘’Eun Ah and I are… getting serious’’ he smiled and she gaped at him for a moment, till her lips curled upwards and the biggest grin ever was seen on her face. ‘’Really!? I’m so happy for you!’’ she cooed and he grinned, ‘’Of course you should be’’ he let out a laugh while she smacked his arm playfully. ‘’How serious though, are you getting married?’’ She peeked at him and he smiled, ‘’There’s plans for that’’ he shyly scratched the back of his head and she smiled.  ‘’I’m really happy for you’’ she smiled once again before she hugged him tightly while he patted her head.

‘’We’re having diner next week, a family diner to be precise and I want you there’’ he smiled softly at her and she nodded, ‘’of course I wouldn’t want to miss that’’ she teased and he laughed before walking away leaving Bom in the kitchen along with Choco who nuzzled his head between her legs.

Xxxxx

‘’Oh, I didn’t think I’d see you here’’ Chaerin snorted as she looked at the male who smiled in return. ‘’Same here, what brings you here?’’ Suho asked as he looked behind her and she furrowed her eyebrows. ‘’What?’’ she tapped her feet irritated while he shook his head. ‘’Nothing’’ he muttered and she titled her head to the side.

‘’You know, I still haven’t forgiven you or your little friends’’             ‘’I know and we’re honestly, sincerely sorry’’ Suho quickly apologized, his head bowing and she looked away. ‘’Mm’’ she nodded and she noticed a familiar male approach them and sighed. ‘’Well I’m off’’ she was about to turn away until she heard a male call out her name and she abruptly stopped, debating whether to turn around or not.

‘’Chaerin…’’ he called out again and she pressed her lips on a firm line before finally turning around, ‘’what?’’ she asked as she stared at the male. Suho looked back and forth between them and noticed the tense atmosphere. ‘’Um, I’ll be in the café’’ he pointed across the road and Chaerin sighed. ‘’I don’t have time for this though’’ she looked at Kris who frowned. ‘’I’m sorry, we’re all sorry, it was immature to do something like that-…’’

‘’I’m surprised, I thought you would’ve learned after Krystal’’ she let out a mocking laugh and Kris turned away knowing very well she was completely right. ‘’So, I’ve been curious. What was your reason?’’ she titled her head to the side and he sighed. He couldn’t answer that, he himself didn’t know why he’d actually agreed to it. ‘’Never mind that, how serious are you?’’ she looked at him trying to see right through him, to read what was going in his mind but it was hard, his expressions we’re different. ‘’What do you mean?’’ he asked, furrowing his eyebrows in process.

‘’I heard the bet was called off mid-way’’ she started, walking over to a bench near before sitting on it while he followed. ‘’The new challenge was that you and Tao would approach her sincerely, am I wrong?’’ she looked at him and he slowly nodded. ‘’I… I fell for her instead’’ he whispered and she nodded,

‘’So what are you doing here?’’ Chaerin sighed. She’d been keeping a close eye on Bom, and it ticked her off Bom didn’t do anything, in fact she acted like nothing happened. To top it all off Jong Hyun started approaching her and she knew it was because he had this crush on her. She’d be happy normally but she knew Bom wouldn’t be as happy as to being with Kris. Another thing that irked her is the male in front of her, he’d approach her couple of times but Bom was stubborn so he simply gave up, this is not how she actually knew him, not at all.

‘’What do you mean?’’ Kris looked at her, his eyebrows furrowed and the reply he got afterwards surprised him completely.

‘’Why are you sitting here like a lovesick puppy? Weren’t you serious?’’

Xxxxx

‘’No, idiot that’s not how it goes’’ Bom let out a laugh while Jong Hyun frowned. ‘’It goes like that, I know it by heart’’ he pouted and she let out another laugh. ‘’Why would you know a girly fairy tale by heart though?’’ she looked at him curiously and he hurriedly looked away. ‘’Just because’’ he firmly stated and she chuckled. They we’re currently walking on the busy streets of Seoul after a hearty diner he invited her earlier to.  ‘’He kissed her and she woke up, the end’’ she stated firmly and he chuckled.

‘’Okay okay, as you wish’’ he nodded at her and noticed she stared at something intently. ‘’You want that?’’ he asked and she nodded instantly. ‘’Weirdo, how can you eat ice cream in this weather’’ he chuckled while she made a face, going to the ice cream stand anyway. ‘’God this is so yummy’’ Bom giggled and he let out a laugh, ‘’Still the same as ever’’ he commented and she frowned, smacking his arm with her free hand. ‘’Hey’’ she warned and they both laughed. ‘’Food is my number one love, make no mistake’’ she grinned and he nodded as they continued walking.

‘’Isn’t that cute though’’ she pointed at a store completely decorated with moomins and he nodded but gasped once he turned back to her. ‘’Hey!’’ he called out and she laughed, holding her stomach with her free hand. ‘’Oh god you look hilarious’’ she continued laughing and he frowned, ‘’How dare you just smudge ice cream on my nose’’ his lips slightly curled upwards before he smudged some ice cream on her cheek.

‘’Ya!’’ she yelled, looking sternly at him before they both laughed. ‘’Ice cream monsters’’ he commented and she raised a brow, ‘’Eiyy, what is that’’ she mocked him and another round of laughs we’re heard until they we’re interrupted by a cough, and once Bom turned to look, she felt her heart skip several beats.

--

‘’What do you think, how should I approach her?’’ Chanyeol asked Kai who just shrugged. ‘’Idiot, I know you’re still on good terms with Minji, help me out will you?’’ He looked at the male who sighed. ‘’Dara noona is still pissed’’ he meekly stated and he nodded, ‘’what should I do?’’ Chanyeol frustratedly groaned with Kai looking at him intently.

‘’At some point, I think they’re over reacting’’ Sehun rolled his eyes with Suho sighing after his remark. ‘’And we weren’t when it happened to Kris?’’ he fired back and Sehun looked away, obviously remembering the days back then. ‘’So if we don’t want it to end like that we should continue persuading’’ Lay stated and they all nodded. ‘’What do we do though’’ Chen asked looking at Luhan who stared at the two males walking in front.

‘’Uh oh’’ Kyungsoo whistled and they all soon followed his gaze and widened their eyes. Tao and Kris stopped walking, and when they looked ahead they saw the familiar female, laughing and joking around with another male.

‘’Bom noona?’’ Baekhyun whispered while looking at Kris who coughed, catching both their attention.

Now this was awkward.

‘’Oh’’ Jong Hyun looked at the two males in front while Bom looked away. ‘’Noona’’ Tao muttered and she gave him a slight nod. ‘’Ah you are the guys from back then’’ Jong Hyun nodded at them greeting them politely afterwards while they nodded. Kris stared at Bom, he barely saw her these days and wondered. What was going through her mind?

‘’Um… I think we should go’’ Bom looked at Jong Hyun who nodded, ‘’I guess we got to go’’ he nodded at the two males, walking away from the two with Bom next to him who had an unreadable expression on her face. As she turned to her left, she noticed the rest of the group and gave them a small smile with a nod before turning back ahead.

Why did her chest feel so heavy? Did she maybe think Kris would stop her and talk to her? This wasn’t supposed to be in her mind, she decided herself she’d ignore him and move on but why…’’Kris you idiot’’ she muttered, loud enough for only her to hear, until she was yanked back facing the male she wanted to see and talk to the most.

‘’Wha-…’’ she gasped as he abruptly grabbed her arm, dragging her away from the males, completely surprising them all. The last thing both heard was faint yells from Jong Hyun.

--

‘’Ya!’’ she called out as she tried to wiggle out of the grip but he held on too strong. ‘’You’re hurting me Kris’’ she called out again but he didn’t stop. ‘’Wu Yi Fan.’’ She sternly yelled and he stopped in his tracks. Both didn’t know how far they actually got but noticing that the surroundings got quiet they went pretty far, far from the busy streets.

‘’Would you stop it?’’ she asked and he turned around to look at her and her eyes widened. His eyes, we’re filled with guilt and sadness and for a moment she was completely lost in them.

‘’Why do you keep ignoring me?’’ he sternly asked, looking at her while she looked away. ‘’I thought it was pretty clea-..’’             ‘’No it wasn’t damn it, I don’t want this, I don’t like this’’ he frustratedly ruffled up his golden locks while sighing. ‘’I told you I was sorry, it was foolish it was dumb it was never meant to happen Bom’’ he looked at her, eyes filled with guilt. ‘’The bet was a mistake, it never succeeded because…’’

‘’I fell for you first’’ he sincerely confessed and she let out a laugh. ‘’Who are you trying to fool?’’           ‘’I’m not damn it!’’ he raised his voice and Bom flinched for a split second but regained her posture soon after. ‘’If I didn’t, I wouldn’t continue bothering you’’ he turned to look at her again and she sighed. ‘’Maybe it’s another bet, no?’’ she crossed her arms over her chest and he groaned.

‘’The bet was off because I fell for you instead and it was way before I confessed to you’’ he put his lips on a firm line before walking closer to her. ‘’I approached you sincerely, and I’m not giving up this quickly’’ he stopped right in front of her, their bodies close to each other and Bom could feel his breathe tickling her skin. Her heartbeat increased and she started to feel a tad bit sweaty. ‘’I’m not giving up on you Park Bom, I’m not…’’ he whispered as he leaned his forehead on hers and for a moment they felt like time stopped ticking, it was just the two of them gazing at each other.

Soft breathes we’re heard as they looked at eachother. Wasn’t this what Bom wanted?

‘’Stop..’’ she whispered after a short while and he looked at her, surprised. ‘’She slightly pushed him as she looked away running her fingers through her hair. ‘’Why?’’ he asked and she sighed, frustrated. ‘’It’s not meant to be like this, it’s not meant to go like this’’ she replied while he continued looking at her, hurt.

‘’Stop approaching me stop all this just stop’’ she breathed and his eyebrows twitched, he was starting to get annoyed, ‘’Why god damn it!?’’ he raised his voice and the next few words that escaped her lips surprised him,

‘’BECAUSE I MIGHT FALL FOR YOU AGAIN!’’

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Am I going to fast? Lol, please take note a while has passed the incident where she slapped him and she ignored him completely afterwards but he continued bothering her and at somepoint he was lost thats why Chaerin asked him and well yeah Oh and not forget Bom didn't admit her true feelings back then but Kris took it as a yes so she didn't completely fall for him so thats why the last line and welll yeah

ohmygod I don't even know if this is going correctly, I feel like it lacks something or idek, any comments?