10

The Bet: Game's On!

‘’Bom ah~’’ Mr. Park chirped and she groaned, the moment her classes finished she rushed home for a well-needed nap.  ‘’Mm, what’s up? I thought you would be home late?’’ She asked as she got up while her father smiled at her. ‘’I finished work early, anyway’’ he put his lips on a firm line before taking a seat on her huge bed.

‘’Remember when I told you about… umm my girlfriend?’’ He scratched the back of his head, a bit shy while she laughed. ‘’Omo, dad this is unusual, why are you being so shy’’ she teased, poking his cheeks while he groaned. ‘’I am not being shy!’’

‘’Fine fine, so when am I meeting the lucky lady?’’ She batted her eyelashes and he laughed, ‘’you never lose that habit do you?’’ He let out a hearty laugh and she smiled. ‘’I know it’s weird, I mean me having a girlfriend but you understand right that… Your mother and I have been done with our relationship for a couple of years already and I-…’’        ‘’I know I know, don’t worry, I’m actually excited to meet her’’ she smiled and he patted her head. ‘’I love you Bom-ah, maybe more than your sister’’ he grinned and she fakely gasped before they both bursted out in a fit of giggles.

‘’We’re meeting the day after tomorrow, so wear something nice?’’ He gave her a smile before hurrying off back to his own business.

‘’Well then I might as well go shopping’’ she flipped over to her side knowing perfectly who would tag along.

--

‘’Oh god I was so glad you called, I was sooo bored’’ Dara frowned and Bom laughed, ‘’aren’t you always?’’ She grinned while Dara sighed. ‘’So bully Bom is activated eh’’ she gave her a stern look and they both laughed.

‘’So what are you shopping for?’’ Dara looked at her curiously and Bom titled her head to the side thinking slightly. ‘’I need to buy something nice to wear, did I tell you my dad scored a new girlfriend?’’ she grinned and Dara gasped. ‘’Really!?’’ She looked at her with wide eyes and Bom nodded, ‘’I’m meeting her soon’’ she smiled and Dara nodded. ‘’Well, who wouldn’t resist that handsome father of yours’’ she grinned and Bom smacked her arm playfully, ‘’Yah!’’ they both laughed before entering a store in the huge mall.

‘’So, what exactly do you need? A dress?’’ Dara looked at the rackets of clothes and Bom frowned. ‘’All I heard is we’re going to one of these expensive restaurants, so that’s an option’’         ‘’Mm, okay then’’ she grabbed a couple of outfits while Bom did the same until she noticed someone familiar as she walked to the mirror to see if they would suit her.

xxxxx

‘’I don’t get it, out of all the idiots you just had to drag me here?’’ Kris frowned and Suho grinned. ‘’Well both me and Luhan need something new to wear, something formal though’’ he grinned and Kris groaned. ‘’Seriously, where did that mini-shopping mall go that was located… in your house?’’

‘’I’m too tired of that, stop whining and help pick me something’’ Suho dragged him while Luhan laughed. ‘’Such a baby’’

‘’I heard that’’ Kris turned his head while Luhan held up his hands innocently.

--

‘’You’re taking long’’ Kris groaned, looking at the changing rooms with both Luhan and Suho in two of the rooms. ‘’Stop whining already’’ Luhan got out to take a look at himself and girls nearby swooned. ‘’Too formal...’’ he whispered, with Kris looking at him curiously. ‘’What do you need it for anyway?’’

‘’Something family related’’ he simply replied before going back into the changing room and Kris sighed. He was utterly bored; maybe he should find something for himself. ‘’I’m going to look around a bit’’ Kris yelled to the two before hurriedly rushing off.

He suddenly remembered the day he actually asked Bom out for a date and grinned. Though several days passed, he would absolutely not forget about it and maybe today was the day he’d plan a perfect date.  He looked around, looking at several plaid shirts and frowned, he barely wears plaid shirts so he looked at normal ones until Luhan joined him.

‘’What are you looking for?’’ He grinned with Kris sighing, ‘’I was bored, might as well get something for myself’’ he looked at him with Luhan nodding. ‘’Sure sure, will you help me out first?’’ He dragged Kris with him and he cursed inwardly, was it the drag Kris day?

‘’How about this?’’ Luhan got another suit and Kris just stared at him, ‘’I thought you didn’t want something too formal?’’           ‘’But I look good in a suit’’             ‘’…. Conceited?’’ Kris spoke and suddenly thought of something, the first encounter with Bom .

''Conceited jerk'' was all he heard before she rushed off after pushing him away from her, back to class leaving him with an amused smile on his face.

He continued smiling to himself like an idiot without realizing and Luhan stared at him weirdly. ‘’You... Are being incredibly creepy right now’’ he waved his hands in front of Kris who quickly composed himself, pretending nothing happened.

‘’Did you fall in love?’’ Luhan asked curiously catching Kris off-guard. ‘’W-with who exactly? Oh please falling in love, impossible’’ he turned around, looking for more stuff while Luhan shrugged it off. ''So was Chaerin wrong?'' he muttered under his breath, furrowing his eyebrows remembering her words.

      Kris on the other hand slightly messed up his hair as he thought carefully about the question Luhan just asked. ‘’Me and falling in love?’’ he whispered, totally not believing it until he noticed someone familiar, a floor higher with several outfits held in her hand while looking at the mirror, and when both their eyes met, Kris couldn’t help but smirk.

xxxxx

‘’This is too pinkish’’ Bom frowned, putting the blouse underneath her chin to see if it suited her but she frowned when she found it too bright, on the other hand she noticed a smirking male staring at her and she frowned.

‘’Why do I bump into one of them every time’’ she frowned, turning her attention back to the mirror with another top placed underneath her chin. ‘’Hmm’’ she looked at several angles and noticed the male frowning from the side of her eyes. She looked at him, he was one floor beneath and it seemed like he didn’t like the outfit.

‘’What are you doing Kris?’’ Luhan asked him and he coughed, ‘’nothing, have you found something?’’ he peered over at Bom who pouted, and it was incredibly cute.

‘’Bom, how about these?’’ Dara walked over to Bom who slightly flinched and Dara stared at her curiously. ‘’Oh, uh yes, can you put these back, I don’t like it’’ she handed her the few she sort of tried out and Dara nodded. ‘’Why don’t you try them properly out?’’ Dara asked and Bom frowned, ‘’I don’t feel like it’’ she simply replied and Dara rolled her eyes. ‘’Fine then you lazy ’’ She grinned before walking away with the clothes and Bom turned back to the mirror with the next piece held underneath her chin.

‘’Oh my…’’ she muttered, as she stared at the one pieced short dress. It was rather revealing and she gaped at it and from the corner of her eyes she yet again saw someone waggling his arms. Curiously she turned and saw Kris forming an ‘X’ with his arms and she glared at him. ‘’What is this idiot doing?’’ she whispered, and wondered. ‘’Why do I even care?’’ She grabbed another few things and it kept getting disapproved by Kris and she groaned.

‘’Oiy, how is this?’’ Suho joined the two with two suits in his hand. Luhan quickly gave his opinion and the two stared weirdly at Kris since he didn’t reply for a while. ‘’What… are you looking at?’’ they looked at Kris who hurriedly turned to them and scratched the back of his head, ‘’nothing I was looking around?’’

‘’Right’’ they both suspiciously looked up to a floor higher and saw nothing suspicious so they continued with what they we’re doing and Kris sighed a sigh of relief. Luckily Bom went away to get some more. ‘’This is idiot better like this’’ She walked back to the mirror and noticed him still standing there looking at her, and got another dress put right underneath her chin and looked at it from all angles.

‘’Hmm, this sort of looks nice’’ she smiled and from the corner of her eyes she could see Kris shake his head. ‘’That conceited jerk’’ she muttered, what did his opinion matter anyway? I’m picking whatever I like. She pouted, grabbing random black leather shorts and a black top with a black and white blazer on top.

She nodded, satisfied and she could see him circle his arms in a ‘O’ shape, signalling her that this was the perfect outfit and she blinked several times. ‘’He made me put away so many things and now…’’ She glared at him before turning her head away leaving him chuckling to himself. What was he doing anyway?

xxxxx

‘’So, remember to be nice okay?’’ Mr. Park told Bom while he nervously fixed his tie. ‘’Oh come on, I’m not a little kid anymore’’ Bom frowned earning a laugh from the older man. ‘’I know, it’s just I’m nervous; everything has to be perfect… I planned this for weeks already’’ he gave her a meek smile and she nodded. ‘’Well, nothing will go wrong, let’s have the best night ever’’ she patted his shoulder and he smiled. ''Oh, she'll be bringing her son with her, I'm not sure about the age but you two should be close.'' He gave another smile while she nodded,

''I wonder who it is'' she muttered and he laughed. ''Well he's your schoolmate'' he simple replied and she curiously peered over at him. ''Let's hurry, you're looking beautiful as ever my child'' he smiled patting her head and she grinned, ''obviously I got it from you'' she continued grinning earning a laugh from him.

---

Bom was right, the diner took place at a fancy restaurant, it was decorated mostly with shades of gold and different shades of red and it was quite a pretty decorated restaurant she could only stare in awe. Bom wore simple black shorts and a black top with a black and white blazer on top, and she secretly smiled remembering how she actually picked it.

''Sir, have you reserved a table?'' A butler asked and her father nodded, giving the names and he instantly leaded the two to the table and she noticed an older woman was already seated in a gorgeous white dress and she could only stare in awe. She didn't look Korean so she wondered, maybe Japanese or Chinese? Her father smiled at the lady and she smiled back. She noticed the seat next to her was occupied too though that person probably went to the washroom as his phone was still placed there and the glass of water was half finished.

''Hyun Shik ah'' The lady called out and her father grinned while she shyly stood behind her father. ''Omo, is that your daughter? What a beautiful young lady'' she smiled, getting up and Bom shyly nodded. ''Ah, thank you'' she politely bowed and the lady let out a hearty laugh. ''Bommie, this is Eun Ah, Eun Ah this is Bom'' her father introduced and the lady squealed. ''I always wanted a daughter'' she grinned and Bom nodded, ''Um.. you don't look.. Korean though?''

''That's right, I'm actually Chinese but I use a Korean name since I've been staying here for years.'' she smiled at Bom and she nodded, ''Oh what a good timing, son hurry up'' Eun Ah clasped her hands together, smiling at the figure approaching them as Bom slowly turned around and gasped. What sorcery was this?

''Luhan son, meet Park Hyun Shik and his daughter Bom'' she grinned while the two stared at eachother, not believing this one bit. They both stayed quiet after they bowed to eachother with a nod while Bom's father gave him a manly hug. Once seated, the older ones started chatting happily while waiting for the food they ordered moments ago and both Bom and Luhan we're seated quietly. Her phone suddenly buzzed and she hurriedly checked it and furrowed her eyebrows as she read the message.

From: Prince Charming

Keep this saturday free as the promised date will take place, your prince charming will be waiting.

 

What was going on? First Luhan then.. that conceited jerk? She could imagine the smirk plastered on his face already and frowned.

 

 

 

 

Did you guys expect that? Hehehehe.