My Impression of Kris

Beautiful Stranger
"That girl seems insecure." My friend Lee Haneul said to me through chat.
 
"Hahaha, insecure? My aegyo is just natural. Kris and I are partners already. It was nice to know you're willing to listen despite on how long my story is." Haneul unnie is a few years older than me, and we would message each other on facebook.
 
"I always look forward to your story about Kris. Based on your stories, he seems to be a nice guy. Just go and tease that girl and do aegyo. You guys are so cute wish I could witness it." She said, which made me smile. "What's your observation about him?"
 
"As of now, he is not picky with his partner. He is caring by means that he's patient. Some guys are not like that. But when it comes to him, I think it's okay with him to be my partner. Well if it's not, he should stop being picky.
 
Kris is lucky because I didn't choose to be with Mr. Tao. Goodbye, 1.0." I said as I laughed. That time, I feel so happy because even if I'm alone, I still have a reason to smile and Kris is the reason. Unlike before when I wanted to drop my PE class.
 
Right now, I'm stressed. I've got tons of report to deal with and quizzes. Stress at its finest. I have no sleep at all.
 
I went to my PE class with only three hours of sleep. My head's above the clouds I need a bed. I need some sleep..
 
As usual, he was late again. Damn it. I'm literally pissed off. "Where the is he? What, he's going to be consistently late for the whole sem?" Though we had cute moments together, this is not a matter of love or whatsoever. My grades are still important.
 
I had to admit, I hate being late. I'm so punctual, I don't even like to be absent. Why can't he be like that?
 
"Where is my partner?" I muttered. That time, there were people who are looking for their partners. Choose me guys. I don't want to stick around with a person who isn't punctual.
 
"Hey." Someone poked me. It was Kris. Instead of being with his friends, he choose to be with me. Does that mean something?
 
"Uhh." I focused on my poker face.
 
"Let's go and practice." Yeah right, like we always do.
 
We were given our class numbers first. It has safety pins on it and I had to put two numbers on my uniform: both front and back. I had no problems, except for the back part. I have small arms, and I can't reach it. Damn it.
 
"Do you want me to help you?" Kris offered. I nodded. We isolated ourselves from our classmates and I saw his shadow, him putting my class number behind.
 
"Can you please put mine too?" He asked. My hands were sweaty that time. Me, doing that? Gosh.
 
I went back to my senses and put it quickly. Damn, I never knew how anxiety can destroy me in seconds. I feel like a coordi-noona.
 
Kris and I began to practice for another set of practical exams.
 
"So I guess I'm not your partner after all." He said, still continuing our arnis practice.
 
"Arraseo." Do I have any choice? Maybe he's going to be with the girl who looked so mad at me. Maybe he had already gave up on me as a partner. Still, I can't prevent him from doing so. It's his choice.
 
I was expecting him to leave me, but why is he still practicing with me? He should have been with his partner.
 
I sat on the pavilion for a while, and saw Kris.. with another guy.
 
Damn it, why did I became jealous in the first place. Hahaha. But then, I wasn't expecting that we would be partners until the end. I don't want to expect, because I know in the end, I'm going to be hurt.
 
Kris went to me once again, and we both practiced. Goodness, he held my hand once again. How many times will he do that before I die of happiness? Gosh. I don't really let guys hold my hand, but he just grabbed it gently all of the sudden. Little did I notice that our classmates were already staring at us. I don't really like it to be honest. I hate the feeling of being watched.
 
"Is our move correct?" He asked.
 
Our classmates responded with a "YES!".
 
We continued until we were called once again. The hard part here is if you weren't able to hear your name, you will get a failing grade. I wondered, "What if there are deaf people? I'm sure they'll be having a hard time here." Especially me, who has trouble hearing sometimes.
 
Kris was called, and Mr. Tao raised an eyebrow at him. "Don't you have a partner?"
 
Well, Kris didn't answered, but gave gestures that mean that he doesn't have one. I too wondered. He said he has a new partner. And now?
 
Mr. Tao turned into me. "What about you? You don't have a partner as well?"
 
"I don't." I answered.
 
"Well then, you guys should be partners."
 
So in the end, we were still together. I don't know if it's a good thing, though.
 
Again, we performed the techniques together, until we had a satisfying grade of 1.75.