The Signs

Beautiful Stranger
Like the usual Friday morning, I was at the pavilion and as usual, we will have another set of practical exams. I wrote my name on a paper, but without his because I'm not sure if he's going to pick me. As usual, he was late again and I didn't expect him to be my partner. Henry was back, but he didn't choose me. I feel a bit sad. Am I unwanted?
 
Then Kris poked me and went closer.
 
"Have you given the paper already?" He asked.
 
I nodded. "You can just get my paper and write my name."
 
And so he did. There was both an advantage and disadvantage of what he did. The advantage is I'm going to have a partner and the diadvantage is we're going to be called first. That's how strict Mr. Tao is.
 
"What's your name?" Kris shouted.
 
I wanted to say Soo Jin, but I remembered we are called by our last name first. "KANG SOO JIN." I shouted back.
 
It was funny because Kai Lee told me that this requires a lot of practice but right now, Kris and I do it on the spot because he's always late.
 
I find Kris smiling often this time. Because before I often make the wrong moves, but this time his head's above the clouds and I'm focused than before. In your face. :)
 
"Let's go to my friends." He asked me. I had to follow him since I've got no friends here. Kris asked his friends to help him out because he was absent.
 
For some reasons, I feel like we've gotten closer in the past few months. His classmates would often say I'm cute, which always makes me blush.
 
Then to my surprise, we were the 4th to perform the practical exams. So far so good. I was competitive that time. My previous ones were 1.75 so I had to work harder to make my grades consistent or higher.
 
Mr. Tao introduced us a disarming technique. I find it a bit violent, though. I kept on observing that time with Kris on my side.
 
"Class, you have to choose." 
 
There were three disarming techniques, but Kris was the one who choose. Ours was a mix of twisting each other's wrist, and holding hands along the way. I can imagine dancing to Troublemaker right now damn it.
 
I often make mistakes on that part so Kris has to hold my hands for a long time. I was a bit shy about it, but I can't complain. So this is how it feels when a guy holds your hand. Waaaah.
 
But what could be more surprising than this?
 
We were a few inches away from each other, and my lips were near his. We almost kissed that time, but I controlled myself. This can't be. I can't have my first kiss right now. And first kiss must be precious. Not that accidental. I don't want it to happen as well, because I'm afraid we might fall.
 
So yeah, end of the arnis session.
 
"KriSoo OTP!" My friend Haneul unnie told me through chat. She was really excited about my love story with Kris. Too bad this is just a one-sided love. A Parasocial Interaction, I must say.
 
"Unnie, do you think he likes me or he's just too nice to girls?" Guys are a bit confusing. They give you mixed signals most of the time.
 
"Hmm, I really can't tell. Do you consider asking for signs that he likes you?"
 
"Omo! I didn't. That's a great idea." It's never too late, is it?
 
And here are the signs that I came up with:
 
1. If I ask his name, I am going to introduce myself as well. If he calls me Soo Jin, it's a sign.
2. If I make a mistake once again, I'm going to say the following, "If you want you can have a different partner so you won't have a hard time teaching me." If he stays then it's a sign.
3. I'm gonna pretend that I have a dysmenorrhea. If he shows concern, it really means he likes me.
4. If he comes earlier than me, another sign.
 
Ugh. This is making me nervous.