Without You

Beautiful Stranger
 
Three weeks after the school festival, another class had begun. I've forgotten about Kris somehow, that's great.
 
It was raining hard and we had to change venues. We went to the indoor PE rooms to practice a new lesson. A lot of people were absent actually. Maybe because they thought they have no classes.
 
I have no partner this time. Kris never came. I thought he was late, but he's not. I was the only one who didn't have a partner in the group.
 
"Omo, unnie doesn't have a partner. Kris isn't around." One of our classmates said. It's fine. I consider myself forever alone anyway.
 
Mr. Tao saw me, without any partner.
 
"Soo Jin sshi, where is your partner?" He asked.
 
"I have no idea, sir." I said. I wonder why he's absent. But it's better that way since I wanted to forget him. 
 
I was assigned to another guy who is handsome, and tall as well. His name was Henry Lau. We were seated next to each other.
 
Come to think of it, I feel more comfortable being with Henry than with Kris. With Kris, I feel nervous all the time but right now I feel so focused. In fact, I was the "noona" right now. When Kris and I became partners, I have forgotten our age and year differences. He was matured enough to be my oppa.
 
Aish, why am I thinking about him?
 
Henry seemed to be lacking on focus that time, and he seemed to be quiet. Maybe he didn't want me to be his partner, and that he was only persuaded to do so.
 
Even so, I proved to Henry that I'm worth it.. But the way Kris treated me well, it was indeed irreplaceable.
 
What should I choose? The one who makes me feel focused, yet treats me like a stranger? Or a beautiful stranger who treats me well, yet makes me crazy? What a dilemma.
 
I forgot about my thoughts and began to practice with Henry instead. I feel triumphant because I can get the steps quickly and he was there, with an unexplainable face. Go me.
 
Maybe I was meant to be with someone else because I'm thinking too much about Kris.