The Second Time Around

Beautiful Stranger
Chapter 5
 
The next meeting I was really nervous.. I already have my arnis sticks with me, and I am still here, waiting for a friend. We were asked once again to go to the grandstand and Mr. Tao taught us different moves. I don't have a partner so I was pretending to have one. I look like a moron like oh my gosh.
 
"Would you like me to be your partner?" Mr. Tao moved closer and stood in front of me. I nodded. I don't care who my partner is. It's my grade that matters.
 
Mr. Tao would demonstrate the moves one by one. Me, following him. We would be partners, and when I make a mistake..
 
"Oops! Mianhae!" I would bow and give an apologetic smile.
 
"Gwenchanayo. Let's try it again." I used my arnis to hit his, performing my best. I have to be good at this because I don't want these students who are younger than me or the same age to think I'm not good enough.
 
There was this random guy who would look at me. Then Mr. Tao interrupted saying, "You know, my arnis partners are often the ones who get 1.00." He smiled. Most students looked at me, assuming that I'm the one Mr. Tao is referring to. please, that is so not me.
 
"Let's continue, arraseo? You, please just stay there for a while. I will be your partner later." Mr. Tao smiled, and started teaching once again.
 
Then all of the sudden, someone was running, panting and sweating. It was a tall guy, with black hair and handsome face.
 
It's him! The beautiful stranger! My eyes widen, and I looked at him for a second. He looks more handsome now I've seen him closer.
 
"Uhm.. What did you guys do?" He asked me, confused.
 
"Ya, you're going to be her partner." One of his classmates told him. I blushed, because this beautiful stranger looked at me in the eyes. He waited for my answer.
 
"Uhm.."
 
I gulped. Gosh. He's too intimidating.
 
"Ah, let me teach you how." I grabbed my arnis and asked him to follow me. "One, you raise it up like this. Two, you hit my arnis with yours.." He was obedient in doing so. Since he was late, I had to be a good teacher.
 
"Ah, I get it. Should we practice?" Gosh. We just met, and I feel a bit shy about it.
 
We practiced with each other that time, repeating everything. I tell myself that it's not the time to be amazed by his looks. Kang Soo Jin, you're most probably his noona, so don't even think about it.
 
But even so, it will be cute if he calls me noona. It will be music to my ears.
 
"Noona~" I said in thought. He seems to be okay with me. If we were close, I would have asked why he's late. I'm a punctual person, and I hate being late or absent in all my classes.
 
"Face your partners and bow to each other." Mr. Tao instructed us. I didn't looked at him, because it was hard to do so. He didn't react anyway.
 
"Hey I just met you, and this is crazy." I said once again to myself. Should I call him Mr. Hey I just met you, instead of Beautiful Stranger? Aish, whatever.
 
Unconsciously, I thought that this is destiny. Because of all the classes, I was randomly chosen to be in his class. Wow.
 
Right now, we continued to practice, and I acted as a professional. After all, I can say that this is a sunbae-hoobae relationship since he's a freshman. But gosh, seeing him.. I would like to assume that we're on the same age because he looks tall and matured. And an Architecture student? Perfect!
 
This Beautiful Stranger really is handsome. But I hope this won't turn into love. I don't want to fall in love, really. It's just a waste of time. Ever since I had a summer fling, I've never took risks in falling once again. And besides, it's not a thesis that is a prerequisite and a necessity for you to graduate.
 
Kang Soo Jin, this is not the time to fall in love. My goal right now is to graduate first.