The Real Player

The Beginning of Forever
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Soojung was too busy treating patient these few days. She got three patients, each with different problem and they are in critical state. She had been working day and night to take care of these people, no chances to go back to her place. Frankly, she hadn’t been to her house these few days, ever since he came in to her house. She stayed at a hotel nearby but the money she spent to rent it, turned out to be a waste. Hospital works kept her occupied that she doesn’t have the time to stay at the hotel.

“Dr. Soojung? How are your patients? Are they getting any better?” Her senior, Dr. Minho who’s a specialist, greeted her from behind. He smiled at her.

“They’re getting better. I just need to monitor more on them.”

“Good. Then leave the monitoring job to the nurse and other doctors on duty.” He said.

“But, sir--” Before she could speak, he butted in.

“You’d done enough for now. All you need now is rest; you’ve been here for more than 48 hours. I’m not responsible if you fainted here due to exhaustion. You’re the one who’s responsible. Now, go home.” He said.

Clearly, Soojung can’t go against his orders; he’s her boss. When she reached in front of her house, she started to get nervous all of a sudden. Once she gets out of her car, she headed to the door. No lights were on except for the front door lamp. As she entered inside her house, it was dark. Her hand brushed the wall beside her to find the switch. When the room lightened up, her stuff was neatly arranged. She looked around the area. Everything was clean and neat. No sign of Jongin. And it relieved her somehow.

“He must have healed himself.” She muttered. If he’s still in her house, she would be driving back to the hotel she rented or to the hospital. But she’s wrong. On the mirror in her bedroom, there was a pink sticky note.

“Call me anytime, baby.” And below that message was a row of his telephone number. Soojung sighed and jumped on her bed.

“What a bother!”

“Soojung, I’m giving you a day off work today.” Her senior doctor informed her on the phone.

“But doctor--” She wanted to reject it.

“You’ve been worked over-time than your actual hours. I’m telling you now to take a rest. After you feel lighter, then you can go to work.” The doctor explained.

Soojung couldn’t deny that. Exhaustion during work could affect someone’s work and psychology, and if it continues, it may affect the patients. She decided to drive her car around. When she stepped out, suddenly a man stood right in front of her. She gasped. Jongin waved his hand towards her with big smile on his face. She paused for a while, but later walked bypass him. He was startled and ran to face her.

“Where had you been these days?” He asked.

“Why does it matter to you?”

“I was lonely after you just left me like that. Every day I waited for you to come home.” Jongin pouted, making a puppy face. Soojung rolled her eyes and continued to walk but he got her arm.

“You don’t like me doing that, but I really was waiting for you.” He explained, still holding her arms.

“Why?” She had to look at him and asked. He smiled. Suddenly, she was pulled by him. She tried to break free from his grip, but he’s too strong. He opened the door of his car and signaled to her to go in. She rolled her eyes and met his eyes.

“Okay. Now, I'll assure you that I’m not going to harm you or anything.” He said.

“Why should I trust you? You didn’t answer my question earlier, so why should I follow you anyway?” She muttered.

“Because I owe you.” Jongin leaned towards her, and she backed off until she suddenly realized she was seated inside the car. Soojung remarked. Her hand that was still in his grip was slowly brought to his lips. He gently kissed her hand.

“This was the hands that treated me when I’m injured the other day.” Jongin looked up to her and smiled; a pure smile. Soojung paused but quickly pulled back her hand from his and brought her feet inside the car. He giggled and closed the door.

There was an awkward silence as he drove them. Neither he nor Soojung even bother to speak. During the whole time their dining at the French restaurant, the silence continued. He alternately looked between her and his food, he couldn’t stop grinning. She looked down most of the time.

“I’m accepting this offer just because I treated you that day. Nothing else.” She spoke, breaking the silence.

“What do you expect, then?”

“Nothing. A smile, maybe?” He said. She looked at him in disbelief.

“Even so, you still look pretty as ever.” Jongin smiled at her. She pause

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter