The Mystery Guy

The Beginning of Forever
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Jongin was at the bar for business affairs. He has a meeting with the CEO of a prestige company and he planned to invest on his upcoming big project.

“Hyeri-ah, I’m counting on you for this meeting.” He said to her while climbing down the stairs.

“What? Where are you going, boss?” She yelled towards Jongin.

“Something came up. No worries, I’ll meet you up tomorrow to ask about tonight.” He shouted back at her before he rushed out of the door and went to his car.

Jongin drove till the roads that lead to her house, but when he passed by a street, he spotted a familiar black Hyundai Sonata. Even the car registration number is familiar. When he entered the club, everyone was dancing crazily. But not for long; the trance techno music stopped few minutes later.

“Good evening, everyone.” He turned to the stage and saw a man was in front of the microphone while his mates were setting up their instruments.

“I’m sure all of you are having fun tonight.” He said and everyone roared. He laughed afterwards. Then, he stopped and looked at one direction.

Who was he looking at? Jongin thought to himself while raised his heels up to see who, but the crowds just too heavy that he couldn’t see.

“I’m going to sing a song that I just composed.” He spoke to the audience. He continued to look at that one particular direction. Jongin struggled to raise his head above but still futile. “I’m dedicating this song to that lady sitting there.” He signaled towards someone and everyone followed his direction of pointing. Jongin quickly walked through the crowds, pushing people aside to see him and the one he pointed to clearly.

Soojung? That lady in red dress is indeed her. Soojung’s phone vibrated, signaling a message came in.

“Nurse Park called for emergency. I should go to the hospital!” She murmured and turned around to leave when the vocalist man stood in front of her.

“Hi. You must be surprised that I dedicated the song to you just now.” He greeted.

“Pretty much.”

“I’m Myungsoo, by the way.” He introduced himself and seemed to be waiting for Soojung’s respond.

“I have to go. Something urgent came up.” She about to walk beside Myungsoo but he stopped her.

“Can I have your number then?” He asked. Soojung widened her eyes, and so did Jongin.

“My friend was in the hospital you work in. Seoul General Hospital, right? Sunggyu hyung’s there and I think he’s your patient. He mentioned about it. I should get your number to ask details about him if I can’t reach to him.” He continued, lying.

“Okay. Just hurry up.” She told her number to Myungsoo and he saved his number in her phone. Jongin widened his eyes.

I don’t even get her number despite how much I followed her. Jongin thought. Soojung hurriedly and impatiently grabbed her phone, walke

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter