He's in Danger

The Beginning of Forever
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

As Jongin was painting, some people passed by and looked at his painting. Sure he got a lot of compliment and wows from the viewers. He saw a couple sat at the bench which was in the picture. You might think them ruining the picture but after looking at them for a while, he realized they matched with the scene he’s painting. A painting that was filled with pretty colors, greens, joy and loves. He laughed at himself because he remembered his grandfather remarked on him.

“Jongin-ah, you’re already twenty four years old. You have it all; the clothes, the place to live, the luxury and the successful career at such a young age. What’s missing is that you don’t have a wife to share it with. Haven't you found any girl of your choice?"

His grandfather can be very funny, but can be very serious too. Yes, he’s aging fast and he wants great grandchildren. His parents seemed to think that way, too.

Soojung woke up super early and got herself ready to go to the hospital. She doesn’t get any on-call roster much in this week but she still have to go early because she wanted to finish the previous job which she hadn’t completed yet. She continued to work on her daily routine; checking the patients, prescribe medications, injections, meetings, emergency calls and others. She has to go back a little late today; there was so much work to do. Now, it’s almost 9 pm and she’d done all of her works. Just then, her cell phone ringed.

“Are you busy at the moment? I thought I just wanted to give you a call.” Mrs. Jung said.

“No, I’m finished with my work already and I’m heading back home.” Soojung replied while packing her stuff in the bag and went down to the parking.

“I see. You’ve been so worked up. Why you can’t get yourself off for one or two days?”

“I wish I could, but another work kept piling up whenever I finished one.” She chuckled.

“You didn’t have anyone to be married to because of your job. Soojung-ah, you’re becoming twenty four this year. It’s not nice to marry in old age.” Her mother started to raise her voice.

“Mom, I thought we promise not to go through this again.” She said.

“I don’t care. You’re my only girl and I want to see you marry so I can live peacefully.”

“Mom, I’ll talk to you later. I have to drive back now.” She pressed her temple as she walked to the car.

“Take care of yourself, and remember what I’d just said.”

Soojung arrived home feeling tired and a bit hungry. She regretted of not stopping by at a stall to buy food. She put down her stuff and went to the refrigerator. Gladly, the chicken sandwich she prepared still there, so she heat it up in the microwave. While waiting, she crashed herself on the sofa and slowly closing her eyes.

She jumped and looked at the door, wondered and terrified. Who is banging on my door? She thought. Slowly she walked to the door and handles the door knob. Her other hand holding an umbrella was in standby. She turned the door knob and opens the door. She screamed as a man fell onto her and made both of them fell. The umbrella she held flew away a meter from her. Everything was pause for a moment. When she freed one of her hand, she was shocked. Blood was all over her hand.

“He’s bleeding?” She gathered her courage and tried to lift the man up slowly, and she was so surprised of what she found.

Jongin was showered in blood.

Soojung brought him to lie down on a sheet on the floor and stormed to the kitchen to get first aid kit and alcohol. She had her hands on his collar, ready to the shirt but she paused for a while. Later she shook her head off and ed his shirt. And it showed off his masculine figure. He was bleeding badly, his wound stretched from the torso to the side of his abs. She was shocked; it was a stab wound. She grabbed a clean towel and lightly pressed it on his chest; to stop the bleeding. She wet a big cotton wool with alcohol and dabbed it against his wound.

“Can’t you do it rather softly?” Jongin groaned because of the pressure on his wound. The alcohol stings so much.

“Then you don’t mind getting infected?” She replied back in flash. He pouted. She continued to treat his

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter