Want To Know You

The Beginning of Forever
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

The scenery was so breathtaking; a field of mixed colours of green with blue sky spread above it. In the green fields, purple and pink flowers were swaying following the wind. The oak trees were tall and the sound of a flowing river could be heard. The mountains behind the green fields just complete the image.

“Beautiful, isn’t it?” Jongin stood beside her. Soojung nodded in agreement.

“I discovered this place few days ago. But I only bring my camera, not my painting tools. I wanted to paint this scenery.” He stated. He then sketched the whole scenery on the clear canvas while Soojung was sitting down on the green grass, amazed by what she saw. Both of them were sitting below a huge tree.

“What made you decide to become a doctor?” She was taken aback by the question.

“Because I wanted to.”

“Because of what reason? There must be a reason behind that ‘I wanted to’.” Jongin asked again. She shifted her sight to the scenery again, biting her lip thinking what to answer to his question.

“I was seven years old when my father died. They said that he suffered from leukemia and we tried to give him the best treatment, but at that time no treatment could be found in the suburbs. To take my father to the hospital in the city would cost a lot of fortune.” Soojung paused because of the tears welling in her eyes, but she tried to remain composed in front of him.

“Besides, one of the doctors that were treating my father was really unethical and rude. He neglected my father to treat other patient with less serious disease.” She stopped to sigh heavily. Jongin who was still on the stool, looked at her in sympathy.<

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter