Partner In Crime

The Beginning of Forever
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Soojung smiled when she saw her sister calling her. “Are you busy now? I thought of visiting you tomorrow, have a meal together or something.”

“Great! Shall I pick you up at the train station? What time will you arrive?” She asked.

“Maybe around 11 am or so.”

“Okay, I’ll be there. I love you.” That time, her friends just arrived at the counter. Soojung hung up and she slid back her phone into her pocket.

“I love you? Who’s that, my dearest Soojung?” Naeun winced. Her eyes twinkled.

“You guys are nuts. That was my older sister, okay?” Soojung replied as she jotted down the report.

“Okay, that was your sister. Then where’s Jongin?” Her hand paused.

Soojung just remembered that night at the Celestial Bar. She doesn’t know how to describe how she felt that time when she saw Jongin with girls in his hands. One thing she was sure is; he followed her there. Somehow she was pissed when he kisses some girl. She doesn’t know what the reason is.

“I don’t care about him. If you guys like him so much, why not you guys ‘tackled’ him instead?” Soojung hissed.

“But he seemed to be just ‘tackling’ you only.” Sulli said and made her paused.

 

“How was the journey?” Soojung asked her sister who is beside her in the car. She was a famous model in America so they rarely met. But they are close together since there are only siblings in the family.

“It was better than before. No bumpy ride, great scenery as always.” Jessica replied contentedly.

“That’s good. Sica unnie, what shall we eat?” She asked her sister again. “Anything but no more burger and French fries.”

“I thought that is the best.” Jessica stated. Both of them laughed.

“Come on, unnie. You’re in Seoul. You could get any kinds of food here. Why not we eat Italian? Trust me, you’ll like it.” She muttered.

 

They sat down and looking up to the menu when a lady dressed in work clothing that was passing by their table turned to Soojung.

“You looked familiar.” Soojung raised her eyebrows.

“That night at Celestial Bar, you were the one that boss chased after.” She further remarked.

“Boss?” Her forehead became more crinkled.

“Yah, Hyeri! Where have you--“ A man that was walking towards the lady cut her off but paused when he reached to her. Soojung rolled her eyes. Jongin also rolled his eyes.

“Is this your boss?” She signaled to Jongin, still couldn’t believe it.

“This man is my boss, Kim Jongin. I’m his creative director of his art gallery or you could say, his right-hand woman. We’re here just discussing work stuffs.” The lady called Hyeri explained. Jessica was the only one paying attention to Hyeri but Jongin and Soojung were still gazing each other in disbelief.

“I’m sorry for being inappropriate, miss. Forgive my assistant as well. She’s quite talkative.” Jongin bowed to Jessica. She looked at Jongin in interest and amazement.

“I did not bother much. It’s nice to know you’re an artist and an art gallery owner, Jongin-ssi. By the way, you can call Sica noona. So, you two know each other then?” Both Soojung and Jongin looked up to Jessica, surprised.

“It seemed that way judging by what I just saw.” She continued.

“We--” Soojung was about to open .

“Yes, we do.” Jongin answered while smiling to Jessica. When his gaze turned to Soojung who was giving a death glare, he gulped. “But we’re not exactly close.”

“Why? Is it because of my little sister being so defensive to you?”

“Yah, unnie!” Soojung yelled.

"But you are, Jung Soojung. Isn’t right, Jongin-ssi?” Jessica asked him. Jongin was surprised. He doesn’t know what to answer. Soojung is being ice-princess and ignorant to him whenever she sees him, but he couldn’t possibly say that while the person is here beside him.

“She is quite defensive but I understood she have lots of things to do. Her mind would get stressed up and all that, so I don’t really get together with her.” Soojung rolled her eyes as she turned to him.

“Oh, really? Krys, see what happened when you are so focused to your work? Your social life is distorted. Poor to your friends like Jongin.” Jessica stated while pointing to Jongin. He turned to Soojung and winked at her. Soojung bit her lower lip, holding back the fire raging inside her.

“Okay, noona. I need to go and continue my meeting.” Jongin stood, smiling and bowed to Jessica. Then he walked away to other table along with Hyeri. Jessica’s eyes did not budge from Jongin even though after he walked away and settled down at another table with his co-worker. She continued to smile and smug.

Soojung turned around to look which table Jongin sat alongside with his co-worker. From her view, she was surprised again. He looked so serious in whatever they were discussing. This would be the second time she saw the other side of Jongin; serious, committed, focused and hardworking.

 

Soojung’s schedules today was go to hospital, did ward rounds, reports, examinations, pick up her sister, Jessica, lunch with her, go to hospital again, did a minor surgery, reports, running around because of an emergency case and deal with it. Now she’s home, sitting on her bed after prepared to go to sleep. Just then, her phone rang.

“Hello, Jung Soojung.” She rounded her eyes. This is not Myungsoo’s voice.

“Surprised? Well, earlier today at the restaurant, I know you were watching me.” Jongin said.

“You starting to like me, don’t you?” He

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter