Bliss

My Best Friend's Girl

Jjung, Ssul, Luna and AJ: Age 18/19/20

“Jung Soojung! Sit your back down and get some rest!” yelled Ssul.

I was getting restless and just wanted to take a little walk. Of course it meant running up and down the hospital hallways with AJ hyung. Everything was out in the open now and the four of us were back together again. I was ecstatic. I apologized to hyung for punching him that night but then he apologized for putting me through all the drama. Long story short it involved some tears and a lot of hugging it out, a little more than I cared for but hyung and I had finally found our bromance back. He and Luna were inseparable now. Actually it was back to the old ways where Luna clung onto hyung and hyung would get annoyed, except that now it involved a lot of aegyo, then bickering, then making up, and then the cycle would start all over again. It was so adorable it made me sick. They were perfect for each other.

I was still a little shy around Ssul. I was definitely more confident and happy now that knew how she felt about me but I wasn’t able to display my affection in public like hyung and Luna did. Strangely enough, Ssul was back to her noona mode where she was able to control me like her puppet. It was like we were 7 again. I didn’t mind though, I kind of liked it. The problem was that it was taking longer than I liked for my injuries to heal and I was bored but she was being overprotective and wouldn’t allow me to lift a finger.

“Yah! I told you not to call me that! Why do you have to be such a buzz kill, noona?!” I yelled back as I walked back towards my room.

Hyung laughed at me. “This is going to be your life now Jjung… the old ball and chain…” he teased.

I jabbed him in the stomach with my good arm.

“Yah! And you stop calling me noona! I don’t want to be your noona...” Ssul suddenly turned shy.

I smirked knowing that she now hated it when I called her that. Unlike when we were younger, I now used it to instead of her using it to tease me. I still couldn’t resist her though.

“Come on Ssul, don’t you think you’re being just a little over protective?” hyung said to her.

She responded with a death glare. “Look boys, Jjung’s supposed to be discharged in two weeks. He’s already missing school as is and I don’t want him to have to stay here for longer than he needs to,” she reasoned.

“You just want him out of the hospital so you guys can start going on dates,” Luna butted in.

Ssul blushed furiously. “No, I don’t! It’s for his own good…” she protested.

Hyung and Luna both chuckled.

I stopped in front of Ssul and put my hand on her cheek. “I’m fine Ssul. You don’t have to worry about me. I promise that I’ll be out soon and then we can go on our first real date.” The truth was, she wasn’t the only impatient one. I hated that we couldn’t go out on dates even though we were together because of these injuries. She was already spending all her free time at the hospital with me but it wasn’t exactly the most romantic place on earth.

“It’s not that… I just want you to get better…” she said softly.

I gave her a smile. God, I love her so much… I can’t believe she’s mine…

During our short exchange, hyung and Luna somehow got into a fight again.

“So you’re just going to do nothing with your life?” Luna asked angrily.

“I didn’t say that, I just don’t know if I want to go to college…” hyung tried explaining calmly.

“What are you guys fighting about now?” I asked.

“This guy doesn’t think he wants to go to college. He wants to travel the world for a year,” she said as she rolled her eyes in annoyance. “It’s so stupid…”

“It’s NOT stupid! I just need some time to think about what I really want to do with my life…”

“So you’re just going to leave and abandon me yet again?” she cried as tears started spilling out from her eyes. She turned away and covered her face not wanting us to see her in that state.

Ssul and I looked at each other feeling awkward that they were having such an important argument in front of us.

Hyung sighed and circled around her so that he was now facing Luna. He wrapped his arms around her and kissed the top of her head.

I thought they needed some privacy so I lead Ssul out of the room and we waited outside.


(AJ’s POV)

I really didn’t want to be having this conversation in front of Jjung and Ssul, and while we were at the hospital. I was hoping that we could have delayed it for just a little while longer. I had told Luna about my dilemma a few days ago. It was just a thought, I hadn’t made any decisions yet; I had to consider my relationship with Luna too.

“Luna, please don’t cry. I haven’t even made up my mind yet. I’m not sure if I really want to go…” I told her in an attempt to stop her from crying. But to be honest my mind was pretty much set. I had been thinking about this since before Luna and I had gotten together.

“You think I don’t know when you’re lying? You’ve already decided haven’t you, oppa?” she sobbed.

I stayed silent. I couldn’t say anything else without having to lie to her. I thought about what I should say to her.

“If you don’t want me to leave…” I gulped. “I’ll stay… I’ll do whatever you want…” I loved her that much.

She shook her head, rubbing it against my shoulder. “No… I don’t want you to do that. I don’t want you resent me later… It’s so unfair. We just got together…”

“Luna, you know I love you right?”

She nodded but she still had her head buried in my shoulder.

“Look at me…” I said to her as I lifted her chin with my finger. I wanted her to look me in the eye. “I love you Luna… more than anything. I’ll only be gone for a year max…” Even as I said it, I realized I couldn’t stand the thought of actually being away from her. “… Luna… Why don’t you come with me?”

“What?! Are you just saying that?” she asked in disbelief.

“I don’t think I can be away from you Luna… I want you to come with me…” I proposed.

She looked at me with bright eyes. “Really oppa? Are you sure?”

“Yes! I’m definitely sure. You’re my girl… we belong together,” I smirked. I knew she liked it when I said things like that.

“Oh, stop it oppa! You’re being so cheesy,” she blushed. She definitely liked it.

She looked at me with her smoldering eyes that I couldn’t resist and bit her lip. I knew what she wanted… I closed the gap between us and planted a gentle kiss on her lips. I started pulling back but she wouldn’t budge.

“L-Lu… Jju… nn... Ssu… aa... ou… side…” I tried to speak but she had her lips firmly pressed against mine.

She finally released me and sighed. “Kids, you can come in now!” she called to Jjung and Ssul.

They poked their heads in awkwardly; Jjung was actually covering his eyes with his hand.

I laughed. “Don’t worry… You’re all clear…”

“So did you guys figure it out?” Ssul asked.

I nodded.

“I’m going with oppa,” Luna declared.

Just hearing her say that made my heart leap over the moon.

“I’m happy for you both,” Jjung said.

“Me too, but I’m going to miss you more,” added Ssul.

“We’ll be back soon enough,” I said to them.

“The only thing is… now I have to convince my parents…” Luna worried.