Chapter 26

Third Time Is The Charm

Chapter 26: Minhyuk’s POV

            “Let’s go,” I said as I walked to the door after practice was over for the day.

            “I’m coming,” Yun-Ae said from across the practice room as she slung her bag over her shoulder.

            Since the day we went to eat naengmyun together, I’ve been walking Yun-Ae home after practice.

            “So,” I began, breaking the momentary silence between us once we got outside. “Kyung's birthday is coming up,”

            “Oh really?” Yun-Ae asked.

            “Yeah,” I said. “He’s having a party next week,”

            “It's my birthday in a week,” Kyung sang.

            We were all at the dorms lounging around the living room that day because none of us had a schedule.

            “We know Kyung. You’ve said that like five times already,” Zico said.

            “Well if you’re going to be like that, I can always take you off the guest list for my party,” Kyung said as his mouth formed a devilish smile.

            “On second thought,” Zico began.

            “What kind of party are you going to have this year?” Jaehyo asked, interrupting Zico.

            “You should have a dance party outside,” U-Kwon said.

            “You want him to have a birthday party that’s almost exactly like our music video?” Taeil asked.

            “I like it," Kyung nodded. “And Minhyuk hyung, you should bring Yun-Ae,” 

            “And I was wondering,” I started to say.

            I was going to continue but my heart wouldn’t stop beating so fast so I had to pause for a moment to try and calm myself down.

            “Wondering what oppa?” Yun-Ae asked, looking up at me with those adorable brown, doe-like eyes. 

            “If you wanted to go with me,” I finished quickly.

            “Excuse me?” Yun-Ae asked, following with a slight laugh. “I'm sorry, I didn’t catch that. You were speaking so fast,”

            It was hard enough for me to say it the first time already and now I have to say it again?

            “I was wondering," I said after taking a deep breath. "If you wanted to go with me to Kyung’s party,”

            I held my breath for every second she spent thinking about her answer. There was a fifty-fifty chance that she would say yes. But there was also the same chance that she would say no. 

            “Yes,” She said with a wide grin on her face.

            She just said yes. 

            Wait, she said yes. She's going with me to Kyung's party!

            “Great,” I said, trying my best to conceal my excitement. "Wait, do I have your number? Because once everything's finalized like the location and the times, I need to get a hold of you somehow and it would be really pointless if I didn't have your number and," 

             "I don't think so," Yun-Ae said, putting a stop to my rambling. "Hold on," 

            After a couple of seconds of fishing around for something in her bag, Yun-Ae handed me a light blue Chocolate phone. I stared at it in my palm for a few seconds, trying to figure out how to turn it on. It's been a long time since I've seen one of these things, never mind use one. 

            "Do you need help oppa?" Yun-Ae asked with an amused look on her face. 

            "No, I got it," I said after pressing a random button that looked most like an "on" button. “What should I save myself as?” I asked Yun-Ae once I finally figured out how to add a new contact.

            “Whatever you like,” She shrugged.

            "Now call me so that you can get my number," I said, handing the phone back to her. 

            “My Number One Dancing Oppa Lee Minhyuk?” Yun-Ae laughed when she had read the new contact name aloud.

            “What?” I asked nervously as I began to blush a bit.

            Maybe I should have just stuck with Lee Minhyuk.

            “It’s cute,” She smiled.

            Once we got to the apartment complex she lived in, my phone rang. I checked who it was and saw it was a number I had never seen before. 

            “Now you have my number oppa,” Yun-Ae smiled before she walked inside the building.

            “Aren’t you forgetting something?” I asked.

            “What is it?” She asked.

            “My hug,” I said as I held my arms out. 

            “Of course. Good night oppa,” She said as she hugged me back. “Get back to the dorm safely,”

            “Good night and thanks,” I said before she detached herself from me.

            Once Yun-Ae got into the apartment building, I checked my phone again. I couldn’t help but smile when I saw her number on the screen. 

            "What should I save her as?" I asked to myself as I stared at the number, which was recently added to my address book. 

            I got it. 'My Dream Girl.'