My High Marks

When He Was Still in Beijing

It has been 4 months and 3 weeks since he was away. Two more weeks and he'll come back. All I could do was study hard. Luhan is really my inspiration for school. I was in class taking our final exam on biochemistry. Damn it was hard but I will use the notes in my head to win over this damn exam. There are some days that I have gone crazy over missing him. He called a few times to check on me. It's weird because I only texted him, not call. :( He told me that he went shopping in Myeongdong and bought something for me. I was eagered to know what it is~~!! 

I got up and turn in my exam to my teacher and pack up my things and leave the classroom. Slowly and quietly closes the door and I could see other students in the hall staring at me, weirdly. I kept walking and then felt a hand on my shoulders. I turned to look back, Kevin smiled.

"Wassup, Kevin." I said.

He nodded. "How's the exam?"

"I think I'm going to pass it! How about you?" 

"I don't think so . . ." Kevin looked on the ground.

"Ha! I'm gonna win the bet then!" I laughed and he followed me as we went to sit on the bench outside. The bet was about who can get the highest score on the exam. If I win the bet, Kevin said he'll buy me new soccer shoes. Because mine are pretty much worn out. If he won, then I'll have to take him to Beijing, buy him all the stuff he wants until I'm broke. That is much worse than what I want! 

Kevin takes out two taro buns and gave one to me. I tear a bit from the bun and ate it. I love taro buns. They are SO good. Then he spoke, "When is he coming back?"

"The start of August. I can't believe it's going to be autumn soon." I told him. 

"Then let's give him a prank about you cheating on him!" Kevin said. 

"No way, he knows I wouldn't do such things!! And I wouldn't do such things!" I look at him the eye.

He leaned back on the bench. "You're no fun, Meili." and gently hit my arm. I gave him a face of pain and then hit him repeatedly with both my fists, taro bun between my teeth. He chuckled as he chewed the taro bun. 

_____________________________________

 

The sun has set and the exam results will be on the school board tomorrow morning. I have to see it first, before Kevin does. Kevin stayed at my house again, for the last five weeks, he hadn't so I guess he misses me. I got ready for bed and slip into my covers. Take out my phone and dialed Luhan's number. For the first time. Instead of texting him, I called. The service line rang. 

It rang for about two times and then he picked up. "Hello?"

I gasped. "Lu Han?

"Hey, you called~!" his voice sounds of excitement. 

"Yeah," I laughed. 

"I miss your cute giggles. How are you doing?" 

"I'm doing alright, how about you?"

"Same here. I'm coming home in two weeks. I can't believe it went by so fast, huh?"

I chuckled. "Yes it did. I missed you so much. Kevin and I are making a bet on who can get the highest score on our exams. We finished the exam today and the results are in tomorrow."

"Oh~~ I hope you win~! If you won, what's the penalty?" 

"Kevin'll have to buy me new soccer shoes so I could play with you when you come back."

Luhan laughed on the other end. Handsome chuckles. "Okay. Make sure you win! I'm counting on you."

I heard footsteps outside my door and I stopped laughing. I could see the hallway light, the figure went pass my door. "Hello? Meili~~ Are you there? Did you hang up?" Luhan kept asking on the other end.

WHen the footsteps faded away, the door closed, I whispered, "Ah, sorry. Someone's outside my door, they might hear me."

He chuckled. "I'm doing the same thing too. My roommate might wake up and scold me." After a long pause, he spoke again, "Um, good luck on the exam. You wanna hang up first?"

"No, you could." I giggled. 

"Nah, go ahead." I can hear him chuckling silently.

"Just hang up, babe." 

"Nope, you first."

"No, you~"

"No, you~"

"No. YOU."

"Hey beautiful, just hang up. I wanna hear your call end first." he said. 

I laughed. "Okay, goodnight~"

"Sweet dreams," He said as I pressed the "end call" button. I settled my phone on the bedside table and closed my eyes.

________________________________________

When morning comes, I was the first to get up and entered the bathroom. Take a quick shower, brush my teeth, and get my hair done. When I was all dressed up, I heard Kevin running into the bathroom and the water. I smirked. I beat you. But when I flew downstairs, I wasn't the first one up, it was Mom. She was making breakfast. Jia didn't wake up yet. And Dad was sitting on the dining table reading his newspapers with a cup of coffee. WHen he look up from his newspapers, he noticed me.

"Hey early bird. It's the first time you beat 6 a.m. and now is 5:58 a.m." he smiled. 

I laughed, "Only for a very important reason." I said as I sat down by him.

"How's the exam?" he asked while reading his newspapers.

"I don't know yet, that's why I'm going to school early just to see it." I said. 

"Oh, go help your mom make breakfast. Two could make something faster, you'll eat and then you could go."

I pout. "Why can't I be lazy~?"

"Because I'm sure that Luhan will marry you when he comes back so---"

"---so I'll cook for him. I know." I said as I get up and went in the kitchen. Mom was making eggs and bacon. "Why are you making Western style breakfast?"

"Gee, I'm learning! Now stop bothering me." she said, shooing me away.

"There's nothing to learn, just fry the egg and bacon." I mumbled.

"What?"

"Nothing."

Later on, Kevin came down, surprised to see me eating breakfast. "Hey, when did you wake up??"

I smiled as I ate the bacon. Dad answered it for me, "5:58, son."

Kevin's eye widened. "What~?!"

Now was 6:30. Kevin sat down and began eating fast. I finished up my breakfast and grabbed my backpack. "Bye mom and dad and Jia. And Kevin."

I stuck my tongue at him and ran out the door. "Meili~! Don't run or you'll have a stomach ache!" I heard mom shouted behind me. 

I took the shortcut to school as I ran. It was kinda cold and breezy. 

When I arrived at school, a few students was already there. Some were at the school board. Chatting and pointing at the list. I went up to the board and excitedly look from the bottom to the top for my name. The top 100 students, Kevin was numbered . . . 4, I appeared number 1~~!!! I screamed and jumped in happiness as Kevin came running in. I waved my hands up high and danced around him. The other students looked at me weirdly. 

"Nerd freak." I heard them whispered but I ignored them.

"I beat you~!! Oh my god!! I did it!" I laughed at his face. 

He loosened up. "Aw! MAN~! Okay, you win. I'll buy it for you this weekend." He pout and walked away. 

My teacher came and congratulate me, "Wow, you have the best high scores in history, Meili. I think you just beat the last highest score ever recorded. I'm so proud to be your teacher. Good job, Meili."

"Thank you, teacher!" I said. 

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~*~*~*~*~*~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 

WOW~! Luhan is her inspiration and she did it~~~~~~

Next chapter will be a little bit dramatic. 

Finally update again. I dont even remembered that last time I updated even though

it might be the day after yesterday or two days after yesterday. 

Hahaha confusing......

Why is it YESTER-DAY??? what is yester?? yesterday.....yester-day.....yes-ter-day.....yes-thur-day........

Yes! Thursday~!

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA, sorry for my curiousity.