The Morning After

When He Was Still in Beijing

It's a feeling I'll never forget. 

Hey . . . Meili~~ Wake up, come on~~ hahahaha . . .

My mind was playing tricks on me. It wasn't Luhan's voice at all. It was my own voice. My eyes fluttered opened. One eye was glue down and one was open. The first thing I see was loooonng white curtains hanging on the tall windows. Daylight was seeping through it. Now both my eyes was wide opened. The walls are also white, no scratches or black spot on it, a picture hang on the wall where the rear end of the bed is facing. My eyes wondered around the room. There was a door. Next to that was a fence, made with sheets of glass. And there comes the hand rails, trailing downstairs. Down the stairs, I could see tall glass windows to the ceiling, and then tall buildings standing outside. The fancy clock was hung from the wall, the time was 7:30AM.

I swallowed my saliva as I turned my head back to sleep. I was so tired. But the pillow wasn't soft and cloth-y. My hands felt something like skin. It was breathing steadily. I froze as my eyes opened. I look up, finding a chin pointing up. It was definately not a girl. My vision came to a clear view of the person.

It was Luhan. I gasped. I lift the blanket and look under. My mouth dropped as I briefly put the cover back on. I began to panick.

"L-Lu-Luhan . . . ! Luhan!" a sound escaped from my lips, I sat up gripping on the blanket. 

Luhan woke up, rubbing his eyes and his eyes open a bit. He prop himself up, using his elbow. God! His chest . . . his collarbones. Luhan swallowed as his Adam's apple bobbed. Then his eyes widened and so did his mouth. "M-Meili, what are you doing here??"

I look at him in disbelieve. I scoffed, "You brought me here~~~! WHAT IS THE MEANING OF THIS??! TELL. ME. RIGHT. NOW. LUHAN."

Luhan gave me a confusing look on his face. "Last night . . ." he tilt his head. "I remember we took shots. I challenged you . . . and how did you . . .?"

An "O" appeared on his face, the direction his face was facing was the floor. I was biting my lips nervously. My fingers began to fiddle with the blanket. THen I had a flashback. I was feeling pain, or should I say . . . experiencing pain. Not a usual pain you get when you cut your finger, but the kind of pain . . . I can't explain it. Our eyes locked. I found myself glaring at him for answers.

It was long enough, then he spoke, "I think---I think we . . . I-I think we might have done it."

Those words pierce right through me. My gaze fell on the clothes, scattered on the floor. 

Luhan said, "Meili---"

But I cut him off. "Luhan, you are responsible for this. If it happens, you better take responsibility. If you don't, then---" I stare his eyes. 

"I will take the responsibility. Meili, I will certainly take it." Luhan said, as his hand found mine. I look away. After a few minutes, frozen, he said, "Is it your first time?"

I breathe. "Y-yes . . ."

I feel his eyes on me. "You were great. I still remember bits from it." he giggled.

I hit his arm, as tears welled up, blurrying my eyes. I stare at him. Luhan's face worried. Then the tear dome broke and trailed down my cheeks. It was burning hot. I sniffed. "Meili . . ." he whispered. 

"Ahh~! Ahhhh . . ." I cried out loud. "How could you?!" 

I balled up my fist, one hand still clutching onto the blanket, and repeatedly hitting his chest. I can't even hit him . . . all my hits was weak. I didn't really want to hit him. Then he hugged me tightly, stopping my hit. Luhan's hand patting my and one on the back of my head. 

"It hurts . . ." Luhan whispered in his shaky voice. "It hurts, Meili. Please don't hit me."

____________________________________

He drove me home. Last night's moment was in his condominium. It was pretty big, more like a penthouse, but it's an apartment. It was awkward, he was trying to cook breakfast for me. But I got up and fried an egg for myself. I feel kinda bad. Above all, I think it's both our faults. 

Luhan came to a stop at the front gates of my house. I release the seatbelt and then his hand grabbed mine. "Meili . . . forgive me."

I gave him a small smile. "I forgive you." Then I opened the door and when I was about to close it, a thought came to my head, maybe giving him a humor would make him feel better. I rather have Luhan feel innocent instead of guilt if I only had those two options. "I had fun."

Luhan look at me with his deer eyes. "What. Really?"

I smiled bigger. 

That sent him crazy. I closed his door and went inside. I watched as he drive away. The smile disappeared away. I just hope I'm not going preggo, I need to get my education first, I thought. I opened the door and mom ran to me from the sunroom.

"Why Meili! Where have you been all night??" she asked. 

"I stayed at a friend's house. It was very late and I didn't want to disturb you and dad. And I'm okay." I replied with a smile. A fake smile.

SHe crossed her arms. "And who is that friend?"

"K-Kevin." I lied.

"Alright. I'm going to verify that first." She said as she walked over to the phone. 

I panicked and took out my phone. Dial Kevin's home phone. It was ringing but I kept it in my purse. Someone answered with a small voice, Hello? Then mom walked over to me as I went to sit down on the couch. 

"Gosh, the line is busy." Mom said. I sighed in relief, being careful not to let her hear my breath. 

"Okay, I'm gonna go change." I said, as I walked upstairs.

"Wait, who sent you back?" she asked. She's not giving up, she might even start to suspect something, I thought.

I froze, with my back facing her. I was glad she didn't see my face. "Kevin."

"He knows how to drive?" she said, with a little suspicion in her vocie. 

I turn to face mom. "Well, he's someone from the States so he should know to drive."

"Oh yeah! Duh!" She corrected herself. Mom laughed. 

I chuckled comfortably with her. "Are you done investigating?" I asked.

"Honey, of course. I was just worried. Okay, go do your stuff now." she said.

I smiled and went upstairs. I made sure she didn't follow me to listen to what I'm going to do. No trace. I took out my phone as soon as I was inside my bedroom. I dialed Kevin's phone number. And press it close to my ears. It rang three times. Then he picked up.

"Yeah?" he knew it was me.

A smile appeared on my face. "So . . . listen, okay? Listen to me. Last night, I spent the night with Luhan and came back home this morning right now and my mom is being suspicious. I told her that I stayed over at your house, I know it's a lie but I have no other options. I'm sure she'll call your mom or you to make sure that I really did stayed over at your house. And can you just tell her that?"

"Woah, woah, woah. You slept with Luhan?!" he sounds surprised. 

I bit my lip. "Please, don't tell them. It was an accident, Kevin."

I heard him laughed at the other end of the line. "DAMN Girl~~!!! Of course I'll do that for you."

"What about your parents?"

"No worries, they stayed at my granpa's mansion last night. Grandpa had a cold so they had to go to take care of him. And my mom said they're gonna stay there until he fully recovers. So no problem."

I sighed heavily. "Thank goodness!"

"So how was the night?? Tell ME!!"

"Kevin~~! I don't want to talk about it. I can't remember anything, too."

"Were you drunk? Is that how it happened?"

"Kevin . . . my gosh, okay, so . . ." I explained it to him. 

 

When I was alone in the bathroom, done with my business, I spot a red mark on my neck. My eyebrows connected. "What . . .?" I mumbled. I leaned in on the mirror to get a closer look. "Huh~! That Luhan . . ." I will have  to keep that hidden for now.

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~*~*~*~*~*~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

OMIGAWD. I just had to let Kevin know.

bcuz he was her best friend too, you know?

Now, I think I can only update on weekends bcuz of school 

and I want to focus on school, too. 

BYE. HAPPY 400 VIEWS, 13 LOVELY SUBBIES, AND ONE AWESOME VOTE. ^_^