I Injured My Ankle!

When He Was Still in Beijing

It was a Saturday and Kevin had bought new shoes for me! They are beautiful and comfy. I really like it. It has a lime green stripe diagonally across and the background color was black. The laces is color white. I just called Luhan to meet me at the school field to play a game of soccer. And I'm in my way to school, with the new shoes hanging from my hands. I the corner and reached the school gate. I opened it and enter the field. I saw Luhan sitting on the bleachers with a bag. 

As soon as he saw me, I waved and called out his name, "Luhan~" 

When I reached him, I sat next to him and start putting on my new shoes. Put my old ones aside. I noticed he still wears the bracelet that I gave him. "Those are pretty, is it comfy?" 

"Of course it is! I could kick professionally now, the laces won't bother me and it's easier to see my own shoe. When my shoes are the same color, I can't tell which is mine until I move it." I said.

He laughed. Then he turned to the bag he brought and gave it to me. "Open it."

I smiled and opened the bag. In there, was a small box. I grabbed it and pulled it out. I look at Luhan. He grinned and signal me to continue. I untie the strings and a tiny silver chain with a single rice in it hung on the chain. The rice was in a small glass container with a single artificial red rose, the container was filled with water, too. I took it out and the words that's scribble on it reads: L&M

"What's L and M stand for?" I asked, smiling at it. The rose and water was perfect. 

"Me and you. They're letters the French, Spanish, and American uses." Luhan said.

"Wow! That's amazing. I love you so much." I chuckled.

He blushed. I point at his face, laughing like an idiot. I feel like it's the first time I ever made him blush. He took the necklace and put it on me. I smiled, modeling the necklace for him. Luhan laughed. Then we went to the soccer field to play the game. We stood opposite from each other and then he kicked the ball! I didn't know he was so competitive towards me. I grinned and follow him and try to kick the ball. At one point, he had the ball so I stick my feet into kick it. But I missed! 

After about 15 minutes, I was out of breath, and I had the soccer ball dribbling between my feet. I rushed towards the net and then something happened when I was dribbling. I fell over on the ground and soccer ball was out of my reach. I screamed in pain as the shock went through my ankle. I can almost feel it, I think I sprained my ankle. Luhan came stumbling to my side.

I flip myself, so I was on my back, and he asked, "Are you okay?! Meili!"

I felt hot tears streaming down my cheek. I struggle as the pain spreads thru my whole body. My hand was holding my ankle to stop the pain but I can't. It hurts so much. "I think I sprained my ankle, Luhan. Ah~! It hurts!" I said.

Luhan suddenly looks worried. Then he slip his hand under my thighs and one arm supporting my back and lifts me, being careful with my ankle. I couldn't feel anything, it feels like it's paralyzed. But it still hurts as much. He rush to the nurse office and luckily, the nurse was there. I think she's sorting out the papers today. She looked at us as we rushed in. Seeing the tears that remained on my cheek, she quickly prepares the hospital bed and went looking for medicine and materials. Luhan put me down on the bed, I stay seated.

"What happened??" she asked as she was gathering the stuff to treat my ankle. 

"She sprained her ankle while playing soccer," Luhan reply, I can hear that little shaky sound at the edge of his voice. Then he gave me a tissue to wipe away my tears.

The nurse was ready and she carefully remove my shoe and then my sock. I felt harsh pain as I hold in my cries. I think Luhan must've heard my whimper because he moved closer and held my hand. I can see that the nurse smiled at his action. She knows, too. THen the nurse gently press on my ankle to test which part hurts the most. She knows where it hurts the most because she looks at my reaction. SHe reached for the liquid medicine and apply it on my ankle. It feels refreshing and cold but it smells stingy. 

She starts massaging it until the liquid evaporates. Then she apply another medicine that it like a paste and she unrolls the bandage and roll around my ankle. Loop it under my feet and my heals. When she's done, she threw away the trash and put the materials back. 

"It will take up to 4 weeks to heal. So you can't play soccer until it heals, obviously." We all chuckled. "And put this on while healing." she put on a cast on my ankle to support it. "And this may help." then she gave me those stick that helps you walk. (I DONT KNOW WHAT IT'S CALLED) "That's a pretty little necklace you have there." She said as she observe my necklace.

"Luhan gave it to me, I like it. And thank you for the treatment, nurse." I said. Luhan nodded at her. She smiled and closes the door as we left. Luhan gave me a piggyback ride home, I held the walker stick. As we were in the hallway, I said, "I'm sorry for the troubles."

"It's okay. It's not a problem at all. I actually got to carry you. You're so light. I thought you'd be heavy." He joked. I pout and smack his shoulder. "Ah~! Go easy on me, babe. If you hit me, we might not make it home." Luhan laughed again as I giggled a bit.

_______________________________________

I must've fell asleep because I found myself on my bed, in my bedroom. I look at my feet and see that a pillow was under it, giving comfort. I look over at my clock and it was already 6PM. Then I look for the walker stick. It leaned on the bedside table. I sit up and grabbed the walker stick. Pushed the covers away and gently lifts my sprained ankle and leave it on the floor. I used all the strength in the other leg to push myself up and lean on the walker stick to proceed walking. Soon, I got used to the steps and then comes the stairs. I stopped at the top of the stairs.

"Mom~~!" I shouted. I shouted for mom instead of dad because he's not home yet.

THen Luhan appeared, followed by my mom. "Go help her down." she told him. 

He nodded and came up the stairs. Luhan grinned at me and slip his arm around my waist. He put the walker stick away and my arms hang around his neck, not choking him. Step by step, we went down the stairs. Mom was smiling so hard, as if Luhan and I was already husband and wife. 

When we settle on the couch, Luhan sat by me and my mom said, "How's the leg, sweety?"

"I still feel pain, mom." I answered. 

"While you were asleep, I put numbing medicine on your ankle. So you won't feel any pain." 

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~*~*~*~*~*~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

OK! I have no experience about sprained ankles or broken ankles.

But I think I did my best in giving Meili a treatment.

Our dear Luhan doesn't have a lot of lines.

And this is a short poopy chapter. FORGIVE AND FORGET. :D