Last Straw (END)

When He Was Still in Beijing

Negative. 

I sighed in relief. Yes, I'm free now. I'm not gonna go preggo. I threw the stick in the trash, cover it nicely and walked out of the bathroom. I put on my sweater and sweat pants and walk into the sunroom. It has been two days since our break up. There was a phenomenon blizzard today, yes, right in September, so school was cancelled since most students walk to school. I grabbed a book from the shelf and cuddle in the love seat under a cozy blanket. Everyone was not home, they all went to visit my grandparents. I wanna stay because it's cold outside.

I open the book and start reading. There was an exam coming up the next week but I decide to procrastinate. I'm feeling lazy and depress. Luhan was the best first love I've ever had. Of course loosing him was my best depression. It's good that his baby won't be a burden to me because his didn't make it. XD (WTF)

*ding-dong~ 

I get up and walk to open the gate, setting my book aside. 

*ding-dong~

I opened the door after sticking in my feet in my boots. I walked over the white snow, leaving footprints. Kevin was standing outside the gate, wrapped in his black cozy-looking jacket. A freezing breeze rushed over me. I ran to open the gate, wishing my parents had install an instant gate-opener button. Kevin smiled as soon as he saw me. I returned and opened the gate. 

When we were inside, he spoke, "I need to tell you something."

"Sit down first. Have a cup of hot chocolate. Then we'll talk." I said, nervous about what he's going to tell me. 

"Is everyone home?" he asked.

"Nope. I'm alone. Good thing you came." I giggled.

I walk over to the cupboard, take out two packets of hot chocolate, and walk back to the counter. I took out two mugs and turn on the stove to warm up the water kettle. Kevin sat across from me on one of the stools. As I open up the packets, I noticed that my hands were trembling, but I was warm. I'm not cold. Kevin place a hand on mine. Then our gaze met. 

"Why are you shaking?" Kevin whispered. 

My breathing suddenly become unsteady as I look at him. "I'm j-just cold. See? I-I'm even stuttering." I lied. It was a different feeling. I can't explain what I feel. (XD, WHAT IS LOVE~?!

"Liar. Are you nervous about what I'm going to say?" Kevin said, he knew me, right through me. Then he use both his hands and sandwiched mine. "Or do you have feelings for me?"

I froze, looking down. Is he right? No. I don't have feelings for him. Lie. Seriously, I don't, he's my . . . cousin. So? Then the kettle suddenly went bee-ing as it reached the boiling point. I tensed up and went to turn off the stove. I lift the kettle and pour hot water into the mugs. And put it back on the stove. I grab two coffee spoons and gave a mug to Kevin. We stirred our hot chocolates. Little marshmallows bobbed up to the surface as I kept stirring. 

After what seems like forever, I finally made up my mind. "I'm nervous. If it's about Luhan, I'm nervous." I said, looking at Kevin. "I know that you two are keeping things from me. I know. He didn't tell me the real reason why he broke up, I figured out. I've been thinking all night. My mind explodes into pieces from even thinking about him. Kevin, just tell me."

Kevin look tense. He straight his back and sip from his mug and set it down again. "Luhan said he got casted in this entertainment called SM. It's in Seoul, South Korea. That, he's going to sing and dance and travel around the world. The policy said he's not allowed to have a girlfriend, until he reach a certain level. I'm not sure but I hope he succeeds in his dream career. Luhan is leaving today."

I blinked. "T-today?" Kevin nodded. "When?? Tell me!"

He calmly check his watch. "At 9AM. If you're going to catch him, you have about 15 minutes---"

"Take me to his house, he must still be packing. You could drive, right??" I sat up from my stool.

Kevin nodded. I rushed to the closet and grab my jacket, put it on right over my sweater. 

_________________________________

Kevin had to drive my dad's spare car. Luhan's house was just a few blocks away. The snow was heavy and we almost couldn't drive through it. When we got there, a car was parked in the drive way, the other car must have parked in the garage. I sighed in relieve and ran to his doorsteps. I took a deep breath as Kevin catch up to me. I pressed the doorbell. No answer. I press it again. A middle-age maid came to answer to door. 

I forced a smile, "Is Luhan home?"

"No, he left to the airport a while ago." she said. 

My eyes widened. 

________________________________

The next thing I know, we arrived at the airport. There was a little traffic. I ran to the check-in lines. Luhan was nowhere to be found. Kevin caught up to me, panting. I sighed heavily. Then I continue speed-walking to the further lines.

"Luhan~~!" I shouted, not caring if people stare or ogle at me. "Luhan~! Luhan!" My fingers starts to fiddle with the hem of my jacket. "Luhan!" 

"Meili?" I heard a voice. I turned around and Luhan stood before me. 

I ran to him, and began hitting his chest with both my fists. "You're not going to Hong Kong! You're going to Korea! Why did you lie?! Why~?!" Tears was streaming down my cheeks. It was hot and salty. I cried silently. I sniffed. "How could you not tell me?! How could you, how could you!" 

Then Luhan grab my wrists and pull me and wrap his arms around me. "I'm sorry, Meili. It was something hard for me to tell you. Please forgive me once again." 

I hiccuped and he wipe my tears away. I stopped my crying and hiccuped again. "You lied to me!"

I look away and he grab my elbows. "Meili, please---"

"I don't know what to say, Luhan. You make me speechless, you make my mind explode, gave me butterflies, you said I'm yours, and you broke up without telling the real reasons. Nevertheless, you lied to me." I was running out of breath. Then I took a deep breath, my chest heave.

"I know what I've done wrong. I---"

"I was even willing to loose my ity to you!"

"So are you pregnant?"

"No, I am not. I just figure out this morning." I said, as I see Kevin standing in the corners of my eyes, intensed. "Luhan---!"

Then he cup my face and kissed me angrily. I have no more tears to loose. All I could do was to show him that I hated him. He move his lips against mine and I bit his lips. Luhan winced but continue on. I stop when blood from his lips bleed into my mouth. I pulled back and smiled wickedly at him. 

"You're mine." I said, as I wipe blood from my lips. Luhan stood there, surprised. I turned around to go home. Kevin following along. The reason I bit his lips was for him to remember me and it will leave a scar there.

I took one more glance at Luhan for the last time.

Luhan smiled and let his lips bleed.

 

 

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~*~~~~~~~*~~~~~~~~E~~~~~~~N~~~~~~~D~~~~~~~~~*~~~~~~~*~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 

 

WOW. THAT WAS BREATHTAKING

So she finally know everything and everything has its place in this puzzling puzzle.

So do you all want a sequel to this story??

Comment down "option 1" if you want it to be Kevin with Meili.

Comment down "option 2" if you want Luhan and Meili to continue. 

Comment down "option 3" if you don't want a sequel.

Majority votes will win.

Deadline is on September 28th, 2013.

I will also have a new story coming soon. I'll start arranging plots and conflicts. The title will be "The Outlaw". 

Inspired by Bee & Puppycat's song about a fairytale they made up. :D

Characters in "The Outlaw" will be very fascinating. 

Thank you all for supporting this story and gave this story upvotes. I'll love you all. <3 사 랑 해 요 <3