Don't Tell Me

When He Was Still in Beijing

MOOD MUSICBTS - N.O (Not a very sad song but I think the chorus goes good with the mood. and I like the chorus :) Mood Music is an option.)

 

It was a nice Friday night. I haven't seen Luhan ever since that little incident last week. Maybe I shouldn't call it a "little" incident. It was a big- incident, mistake-ish, accident-ish. And there shouldn't be any "-ish" too! Gosh, I've been feeling weak. I locked myself in my bedroom. Jia came in once in a while, making me think that she might be mom's spy. So I didn't act guilty, because I am full of guilt. But Mom didn't seem to suspect anymore. *phew!

I was looking out the window. THen my phone rang. I check it and it a message from Luhan. 

 

Meet me two blocks to the left from your house in 10 minutes. 

<3 Luhan <3

 

Why two blocks? I grabbed my sweater and head out. I walked under the lights, shining my way. It was a park when I arrive there. Then there sat a dark figure on the bench. I hope this isn't some antics. I walked up to him. Luhan look up from his snapback, hood over. He warmly smiled, and patted on the bench beside him. I sat down and wait for him to speak.

Luhan cleared his throat. "Did you find out, yet?"

"About what?"

"If you are. . ."

"No. I didn't find out yet. It's still too soon. So what am I here for? Another date?" I smiled at him. 

His smile sadly disappears. "No . . . It's---I've been thinking over and over again all night last night, the last two days. I feel like we aren't supposed to be with each other. I think---"

"Please don't tell me we're breaking up. That's the least I wanted to hear. You got another topic? Maybe I could---" 

"Meili," Luhan said, holding my hands. "Listen to me, please. I'm going through hardship right now and---"

"Am I a burden to you? You could just say that. Luhan, just say it directly to me---"

He puts a finger to my lips. After a pause, he said, "I'm no good for you. I'm sure someone so strong and beautiful like you could find someone else better than me. I got accepted to a wonderful job in Hong Kong. It's very hard for me to handle this situation but breaking up with you was not my intention. And I thought about it, I thought everything through and breaking up with you was my only choice I could enter that job. That job is my once in a lifetime opportunity. And if The Lord lets me be with you, I will come back and marry you."

Luhan puts his finger down. My mouth opened. I swallowed, "I understand."

"I'm sorry, I've put you through so many things." He look down, his snapback covering his face.

I stood up and slowly, taking my time, turning back home. Then I felt a grip on my wrist. I turned back to look and Luhan suddenly pull me into a deep kiss. With our face so close together, I could feel water on both our cheeks. I didn't even realize I cried and he cried. I hiccuped through the kiss as he pulled back. Luhan's hoodie was off and his snapback was turned. I look into his eyes. Then he lift a hand and wipe away my tears with his thumb. 

___________________________________

When I arrived home, Kevin was standing at the front gate, about to press the doorbell. Kevin was holding a grocery bag and his bike was leaning on the wall. He saw me and smiled. But faded when he realized I'm on the emotional-mode. He walked over to me and put a hand on my shoulder.

"What's wrong? Where did you go this late?" He asked.

I look up at him, "I'm great. I just wanted to take a mid-night stroll. Relieving study stress, you know?"

"But why are your eyes so red? Did you cry? Who made you cry?" Kevin said as he lift my chin. 

I chuckled, "I just got some dust in my eyes. Damn, it hurts like crazy!" 

Kevin smiled. "Come on, tell me~~!"

Suddenly, teardrops came down. I tried to stop it and hide it but Kevin just keep staring at me. Then he took me into his warm and welcoming embrace. "Shh . . . just let it out. You're such a good liar." he comfort me. 

When I calmed down, I told him everything. But then he seems suspicious. Like he knows what's going to come out of my mouth. Everything seem so familiar to him but he hid it. Something's not right. And reporting back to that one Saturday night, Luhan's father talked about not letting him sing. Then they challenged each other. Luhan said he's going to audition. Auditioning for what? Sing? Dance? Luhan and Kevin knows what.

I have to find out.

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~*~*~*~*~*~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Okay.... I know you readers already knows what. 

Luhan's not actually going to Hong Kong. 

He just didn't want to tell Meili yet. 

Maybe something will pop up soon?

Yup.