Saturday Night

When He Was Still in Beijing

I'm going to Luhan's house for dinner. His parents wanted to have dinner with my family and get to know me a little more. The last time I went, I don't really talk much so I guess they wanted another chance. I skimmed thru my closet for the right clothes. Has to be appropriate and suit me. I found a see-thru, sleeveless buttoned top and matched it with blue jeans and a denim jacket. I put those pieces on. Then I spotted my pink scarf, swing that on. 

It's been four weeks and my ankle has recovered completely, thankfully. I was so happy. The other day, my mom took me to my doctor and he took an X-ray of my ankle. The X-ray was awesome, it's so cool because you get to see your bone and what's going on. I've been going to school, too. I missed some days but I've got an excuse so my teachers let me stay home. They want me to rest too because I did a great job on the chart a few weeks ago. Luhan came over often and Kevin still stays over often. Kevin said it must have been the shoes's fault, the shoes he bought. But I said it's okay, I love it anyway.

Gee, saying "shoes" a few times, it doesn't sound like a word anymore. -_- 

So we all got ready and head to Luhan's house. I can't wait to taste his mom's delicious cuisine. Jia was by my side playing with her girly doll, talking nonsense. Just like me when I was little. My lips curve up, thinking back to when I was playing with my dolls. After 13 minutes, we've arrived. Kevin went home yesterday, he said he misses his mom. LOL

I pressed the doorbell and then Luhan's mom came and open the gate for us. I greet her and step in. She seem so happy. She smiled and led us inside the house. When we took our shoes off, Yi-ai came and hugged me, then she saw Jia and smiled brightly, just like Luhan. Yi-ai grabbed Jia's hand and ran off to the living room. Yi-ai was coloring princesses and butterflies on the table. Jia was so happy to be a friend with someone her age. I took my jacket off and hang it in their closet. Luhan's mom dragged my mom into the kitchen and my dad went to chat with his dad. They all seem so happy and calm. I sat on the sofa arm, watching Jia and Yi-ai coloring and giggling. 

Then my prince came down the stairs in his v-neck shirt, which revealed his y collarbones, and black pants with  white socks. Hot, hot. My heart pounds against my ribcage as he smiled dearly. (Deerly XD) 

"Hey, my love," he said, as he came and embrace me, burying my face in his chest. I haven't seen him in a week. "Are you all healed?" 

I pulled back to answer him, "Hm. I'm so happy I could walk again. Ni hao ma?" 

"I'm alright. Been through some tough stuff. Lots of decisions and all kinds of stress. You could ask Yi-ai about me. I haven't been talking to her and she sort of hated me." He looked on the floor. 

I giggled. "Aw~~ babe, it's okay. I'll work it out. The sooner I talk to her, the closer she'll be with you again. I know you two." 

Luhan tighten his arms around me and peck my cheeks. I went to sit down on the rug by Yi-ai's side. Luhan sat down on the sofa behind us with his legs crossed, looking at a fashion magazine. How hot . . .

"Yi-ai, do you like coloring? I should bring Yi-ai some new color markers." I told her. Then she look at me with her bigs cute eyes. 

Then her small, plump lips began to move. "You should! Yi-ai would be SO happy to have new coloring markers." She said in her high-pitched voice. 

I grinned, "Yeah! And maybe Meili will bring Yi-ai some candies, too!" 

She and Jia laughed happily for what I said I'm going to bring for them. "Do you like butterflies, too?" I said, getting to the Luhan-point. 

"I do~~!" Jia said, as she look up from her coloring. 

Yi-ai nodded happily, keeping her eyes on the colored paper. "What about big brother?" I said, meaning Luhan. 

Yi-ai stared at me. "No~ He don't like me anymore~~!" 

In the corner of my eyes, I saw Luhan twitched. I laughed. Then I hear him sigh. I said, "He does! Big brother's just busy with school. Don't worry, baby." 

"No~~~~" she shook her head repeatedly.

When I see her eyes getting watery, I looked at Luhan. His deer eyes widened and suddenly hugged his little sister.

"Wo ai ni~~~~" he sang and sooth her.

Luckily, she didn't weep or whine. She sniffed and then giggling. I was taken aback at her sudden reaction. She answered, "Yehh~~ big brother!" 

Awe . . . Luhan hugging his little sister is like cuddling our future baby . . . Ah! What the f@$& am I thinking about?!  I shook away my thoughts and snap back to reality. That was a bit easy getting Yi-ai into liking her big brother again, except for the part that she almost cried. 

We sat around the dining table with varieties of delicious food on top of the table. Our bowls was filled with rice and a pair of chopsticks and a spoon on the side. The little girls sat by their moms, I sat by Luhan, and the fathers sat on each end of the table. We prayed and start eating. Luhan and I pick up food pieces and place it in each others bowls. 

"Say ah~" I said, as I airplane the food into Luhan's mouth. He opened and bite it. 

"Meili, how's your foot? Is it better?" Luhan's father asked me. 

"I'm doing great, sir! I'm useless if my feet is injured." I said.

The elders laughed, Luhan and I joined in. 

"So what is your son's future?" My father asked Luhan's father from across the table.

"I'm letting him take over my oil company. I'm getting older and older, soon they won't accept me. So my son is the heir and he will carry on that company." He answered. 

I chewed my food and drank water. Luhan suddenly said, "But father, I want to be a singer---"

"No, son, you are going to take over my oil company. Singing doesn't get you anywhere! Do they pay you more than oil company? No~! The younger you are, the greater the income we'll get. Think about it, son." 

"But I'm not interested in taking over oil companies! It's not about money, life's purpose is about love and doing things we like. Please let me do what I pleased, father."  

Luhan got a point there, I like it, I thought quietly.

"Son! Do as I request! Think about Meili and your future together. If you take over my oil company, I don't have to pay for your dowry. You will have enough money. Soon, your mother and I will get to take care of our grand kids from you and Meili. Think carefully about it, son!" 

Everyone was quietly eating. Jia and Yi-ai must've been startled, 'cause they've quieted. I look at Luhan, he was in a very hard situation. I feel him. Pain and stress was written all over his face. I was getting worried, don't know what was going to happen next. This situation was unpredictable. 

After a few minutes, Luhan spoke in a firm and calm voice, "I will become a singer. I like to become a singer, father. Please allow me one month. I will audition and if they pick me, I will become a singer. If I fail, I will take over your oil company, father." 

Wow, I was amazed by his well-thought words of wisdom, I thought. 

"Well-said, challenge accepted, son." his father said. 

Wait a minute, what was this about . . . ? Does he want to become a singer in our country? What . . . but why did he say, "I wonder how you will do when I leave . . ." the other day? Or is he planning to break up with me? What does that mean??? 

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~*~*~*~*~*~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

WOW. lots of thoughts going on in her head right now. Luhan leaving for SM, she mistakened to be a break up. 

oh dear lord.....

 

I'll update again this Sunday. :)