The Soccer Game

When He Was Still in Beijing

 

"Meili~~!" Kevin called from downstairs. I look up from my books. I sighed and stare at the door. If I don't answer, then he'll be the one coming to me. I smiled. It was a typical Saturday afternoon in Beijing. I was in my room studying because I have nothing to do, and my marks would go up higher. I heard footsteps thumping up the stairs closer to my bedroom. Then the door opened.
 
"Meili, wanna go play a game of soccer with my gang?" Kevin asked, hanging on my door. I glanced at him. 
"Do you want me to?" I replied.
 
"Yes. Let's go. Meet me outside the gate." then he left.
 
I sighed again. Maybe I'm depressed from studying so much. It's a good thing I have Kevin to keep me active. Hahaha. I put on a sweater over my t-shirt. It's kinda cold because it's the month of March. Then I ran down the stairs, finding my mother reading a cookbook on the couch with some music jamming softly. 
 
"Mom, I'm going out to play with Kevin." I tell her, as I put my shoes on.
 
"Okay, don't be back too late or I won't open the door for you." She said without looking at me, keeping her eyes on the cookbook. 
I pout at her. "Then I'll sleep at Kevin's." as I rushed out the door. But she didn't say anything. I think she's okay for me to sleep at Kevin's house. She's pretty close to Kevin's mom.
 
"Come on, let's go." I said to Kevin. Then we start walking. He smirked as he played with the soccer ball. He twist the ball on his finger. I watched it spin. Then he switched to another finger. I clapped, "Bravo~!"
 
He laughed as he stuck the ball under his arm and flipped his hair to get it out of his face. I stood up to his shoulders. Yes, I'm that short. The time is about 2 in the afternoon. The sun's up high, about to get low. Then a joke came to my mind. "The sun is high today." I said.
 
"Of course it's high." He said as he covered the light from his face.
 
"You don't get it, do you?" I giggled.
 
"What do you mean high--- Ohh~~~ I get it. It's high, yes it's high." He laughed harder. "BEST JOKE EVER~!" I laughed.
 
"How far is the damn soccer field?" I asked.
 
"We're playing at school. This guy dare to challenge me. He thinks he's better than me." then he scoffed. "We'll see about that."
 
"Who is this guy?" 
 
"Snow White."
 
I crack up. I stopped when my stomach hurts. "Come on, tell me his name." I shook his arm.
 
"Feng YiHui."
 
"Ah~ that guy. That arrogant guy who always challenges everyone. One time he challenged me to a game of "Who-can-get-the-highest-score-in-history" I won." Kevin snorted.
 
When we arrive at school, we went across the field, where the others are. They're sitting on the bleachers talking. One of them look up, "Oh, Kevin's here with a girl." he enunciate the word "girl", which offended me. I'll have to teach him how good I am at soccer. One other guy walked up to us, with some other guys following. Kevin's friends came to our side and Yihui stood on the other side with his guys.
 
I scanned the other team, our enemy. My eyes suddenly stopped on one. He was handsome. I didn't know why I stopped on him but his deer eyes attracted me. I'm like a moth attracted to a light source. He has a lean figure and pale pink lips. He caught me staring and then I turned my head back to Kevin.
 
Yihui spoke, "Why did you even bring a girl? Don't you think she'll slow your team down?"
 
Kevin grabbed my shoulders, "Please don't underestimate my friend here. She's a keeper." Kevin smiled wickedly at him. Oh, this is getting interesting, I thought. Yihui smirked and everyone spread out on the field. Kevin's position is the striker, which he play to score. Mine is the midfielder, which I will keep the other team from scoring. 
 
(Let's skip to the last round of the game, score: Kevin's team: 8 Yihui's team: 2) Yay~!
 
As the boy, I stared at earlier, he's the other team's striker, came dribbling the soccer ball expertly with his feet, I tried to steal it from him and kick it to the other side but he inched away from me.
 
"Luhan! Over here~!" the other team shout.
 
So his name is Luhan. I enunciate his name in my head. I smirked. Four other guys also came to steal the ball. I kept digging my foot to get the ball. Then one teammate of my team got the ball, then someone tripped me when I was chasing behind my teammate to defend. I fell on Luhan. My legs was between his and my hands happened to land on his chest, on his manly concrete chest. (<--- XD LOLOLOL, sry just happened to write that! Hope I didn't kill you. :D ) I quickly get up as my team scored. It was a good move to keep him from interfering my team's victory. 
 
I ran up to Kevin, congratulating him as the guys threw him up in the air. 
 
"That was AWESOME~~! We won, Kevin!" I shouted.
 
We were in line again, my team on a side and the other team on the other side. Luhan stood in front of me. Yihui spoke in a voice full of embarrassment, "Well, congrats, you win. You may have the title that you're from America and you win this game, but I'll crush you next time." My team laughed. 
 
"Yeah right. Good game." Kevin said as he shook Yihui's hand. They stared at each other with firm looks. Kevin smirked. Luhan shook my hand. I glanced at him, straight at his deer eyes. He smiled warmly, "Good game, you're pretty skilled." I know what he meant, falling on him. XD I know he's not here because of the challenge, he's here because Yihui recruit him. His hands was soft and warm. Then we let go. Kevin said goodbyes to his gang and grabbed his soccer ball we turned back home. 
 
When I turn my head back, Yihui patted Luhan's back, then he said something to him. Luhan nodded. 
 
Half way home, it was about dark, Kevin spoke, "I didn't know you have that kind of skills." he chuckled, covering his mouth.
 
"What skill? Huh?" I was acting innocent. I thought he didn't see us.
 
"Don't lie~! I saw you on top of him!" He laughed harder. I giggled. "You trying to make love with him? He seemed like a good person by the way, he shouldn't be playing for a guy like Yihui."
 
"I know right? I think he just want to play soccer." I defended.
 
Kevin stared at me weirdly then it turns into a smile. "Oh~oh, you defending him. Do you like him? Huh? Do you?"
 
I pushed him, "What are you talking about~?"
 
"Because he's so handsome." I kept silent, smiling to myself. "If you're too shy about it, I'll hook you up with him. You've been single for long enough."
 
"Hey~! Don't say that. I don't want to get marry yet. I still want to stay by your side and be your little sister and be protected by you." I said.
 
He smirked. "Of course, Little Sis. And why are we suddenly talking about that guy?" We crack up.
 
We reached home, my mom came to open the gate for us. She smile, "Aii, I knew you be back soon. Why don't Kevin stay for the night?"
 
"Uh---"
 
"It's too late anyway. Come in." she rushed him in. 
 
_______________________________________________________
 
We ate, Kevin told my family about the soccer game, excluding the part when I fell on Luhan. I was thankful for that. I took a shower and Kevin slept in the guest room next to mine. I pulled on the cover and wander the ceiling. "Luhan." I suddenly whispered. I covered my mouth and yawn. 
 
 
 
 
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~*~*~*~*~*~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
 
 
 
WAH~~!! I'm finally done with the first chapter. Sorry if it's kinda boring.
But something good happened. She met Luhan~~!! YAY.
Stay tune for the next chapter, I'm gonna update tomorrow.
Now is 10:06 PM. GOODNIGHT~*~*
and also a main image coming up~!  ^_^