I Meet Them

When He Was Still in Beijing

"Hey, grandpa, please look over here. Yes right there." Kevin said as he adjust the camera and telling grandfather to look. It was his grandpa, he was kinda blind. His grandpa is my great uncle. Though his grey hair never seem to leave his head. His grey beard was pointing dowm from his chin. He was getting older and older. Weaker and weaker. But he could still walk. Yay!

We were taking family pictures in Kevin's grandfather's mansion backyard. There was a zen garden, a goldfish pond with water lilies, and thick and sturdy bamboo trees. There was also a rock garden where he would carefully make paths thru the pebbles/rocks with a rock rake. I heard it takes patience to make it. It very fascinating and cool. If anyone walks on his rock garden, he'll hit you with a bamboo stick on the head. Ouch. Bamboo sticks are hard.

It was also a Saturday, school yesterday was normal, Luhan and I got closer and closer. He even help to teach me about biochemistry stuff. Those stuff aren't easy. It contains life and chemical. (Lol I don't really know, hahaha) My whole family and Kevin's is all here, including my grandparents. My grandma be saying, "Go get marry already, when I was your age, I already got married by your grandpa. He's still a jerk." 

I laughed. Kevin chuckled. Everyone laughed. LOL. Grandpa laughed coldly but playfully. "Okay everyone, please look this way. Jia, smile big!" Kevin said as he set the timer and ran to his spot. I smiled. *chikee!* says the camera.

The elders stayed outside talking about news with my dad and Kevin's dad. They're also drinking medicine wine. While me, some of grandpa's servants and my mom makes lunch in Kevin's grandpa's master kitchen. Grandpa has servants that take care of him and serves him food each mealtime. That way, he can take care of his garden and the goldfish pond, protect his father's traditional Chinese mansion, and he doesn't have to go to elders' daycare. (You know that place that ppl takes care of retired ppl.) 

Soon, it's lunch time and varieties of food is in the center of the dining table with all of us sitting around it. The servants went to eat in the other room, cause we need our family privacy. We all took our first bites. Then grandma spoke, "Does Meili have a boyfriend yet?" 

My father answered, "Yes she does. I heard that kid she's dating is a good kid."

"Meili! Get marry now! I can't wait to have grand kids." She said. 

"Grandma, I am your grand kid!" I said.

"No, I meant great grand kids. Now tell me about this kid that you're dating." She look at me with her kind eyes, thru her thick glasses.

"Why does it have to be this topic of all." I sighed. 

"Are you disrespecting?" Grandma yelled. 

"No, grandma. Forgive me." I put my head and continue eating, quietly. She's just so scary sometimes. My heart laughed.

"Grandma, his name is LuHan, two years older than Meili. He likes to play soccer and he's my best friend." Kevin said. I stomp on his foot under the table. He grunted. The elders look at him, he glance back, "I'm okay, just a little mouse under the table, I'm scared." 

"All these years, there's no mice in this house." His grandpa said. I chuckled.

"Ah, forget it. Maybe I just imagined it to be a mouse." Kevin said, I knew he was in pain. 

_______________________________________

 

Lunch went well, we all left but Kevin's family decides to stay over with grandpa. My grandparents decides to go back home, their home. Yes, they live alone with a few maids. When I got home, a car waited outside our gate. I hop out of the car and saw Luhan standing outside his car in his leather jacket. When he saw me, he smile. 

"Are you busy?" Luhan asked. 

"No, I just got home from family time." I replied.

"Sir, can I steal her for a bit?" Luhan confidently asked my father. 

He laughed, "Of course! Just don't return her so late." Luhan giggled as I walk over to him.

I glared at both of them. "I'm not a book." I mumbled. 

"Meili's got a boyfriend~~~!" Jia chuckled cutely as they drove into the courtyard. I laugh it off. 

Luhan starts driving as soon as I buckle up. "Your little sister is so cute." He laughed. 

I chuckled, "Just don't cheat on me with her. Cause you know I'll be jealous." I said with a joke-y-tone in my voice.

He knew I was joking so he played along, "No, I won't. She's way too young. It would be like dating a grandpa!" I laughed as I covered my mouth. 

"Where are we going so late?" I asked.

"I'm taking you to meet my parents. They seem really interested in you, especially my little sister." He spoke honestly.

"That's really . . . I'm really happy to hear that. I'm so excited to meet them!" I exaggerated.

______________________________________________

 

We've arrived at his house. Luhan grab my hand as we entered the house. A little girl with chinese bangs and long silky hair, and big dark eyes opened the door for us. "Yi-ai, say hi to Meili. Meili, this is my little sister Yi-ai, she's 4." I smiled and hugged her. She's so cute~! She squealed happily. "She's quite a fan of you."

"Hi Yi-ai, I'm Meili." I was amazed at how she much likes me. Yi-ai sticks her tiny hand in mine, which I was surprise so I held her hand. We took off our shoes and walk into the living room. His father was sitting on the leather couch watching TV while his mother is preparing dinner. 

"Mom, dad," Luhan called. "My girlfriend is here."

I shivered in shyness when he called me his girlfriend in front of his parents. I smiled when he came and greet me. His mom look up from her chopping. "Hello, I'm Zhou Meili."

"What a beautiful name~!" his mom exaggerated.

I smiled. His father spoke, "And pretty too!" I laughed.

_________________________________________

 

Luhan sent me home, the conversation went well. Everything went perfect~~! Yi-ai should meet Jia, they'll be a perfect match. Yi-ai loves ham, barbie dolls, rilakkuman, the color white, and charm anklets. She has one dingling on her left ankle. They absolutely love me. Like . . . everything about me. My grades, my features, my attitude, my long hair, to my jokes. Luhan talked about going back to studying aboard for two months next week. I was a bit sad. I'm gonna be so lonely. Well, I have Kevin. :)  

His mom always say that Luhan and I are perfectly matched. And that if we break up, we should get permission from her first. Then his dad will say, "Honey, don't be like that. But I honestly think that you two are soulmates!" then we would laugh it off.

I lay in my bed, staring at the ceiling. I'm somehow proud of myself. 

 

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~*~*~*~*~*~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

It's quite long . . . . . . . . . . and boring. 

just something that makes them love this Meili character

Yi-ai is being cute while Jia is being pretty

Haha, I don't know, just thinking randomly...

Here's a little sneak peak to the next chapter: Luhan's gonna meet her parents this time. 

I was also busy plotting the chapters ...

I'm having trouble making this story and I didn't get any co-authors yet.

But I think my standards for co-authors are a bit high.... ':)

I need skilled, humorous, creative, and romantic co-authors. HEHE

AND ALSO~! THANK YOU FOR SUBSCRIBING~~~~! LOVE YOU ALL~! ;)