Our First Day

When He Was Still in Beijing

 

Breakfast came, we all gathered to eat. Kevin stayed again at my house last night. He spends most of his time here by the way. I was kinda hoping for Kevin to bring the topic about me dating. Luhan was so shy and sweet, the way he stuttered. I smiled to myself while chewing my food. Mom feeding Jia from her spoon. Jia is 5 but she's just lazy to hold the spoon. Oh Jia.
 
"Meili is dating," Kevin said as he look at my parents.
 
They look up from their food. "Who is it?" they both said at the same time.
 
"Is it that kid Luhan?" Dad asked.
 
I nodded. Mom exaggerated, "Wah~! Congrats~~ my daughter is dating!"
 
"All thanks to Kevin, I don't even know how he helped." I get back to eating my food.
 
"Hey, I gave him the idea of the note and the place! You should be thankful." Kevin point out. 
 
I giggled. "Ah yes, thank you very much Brother Kevin~~! And I said 'thank you' twice."
 
"You sound so old fashioned." he muttered. I laughed.
 
"You should bring him home. I wanna meet him, to see if he's really worth my special daughter." Dad proudly said as he began to organize his papers from work. Getting ready to leave for work.
 
"Honey, don't forget to bring your lunch box and your glasses." Mom spoke as she feeds Jia.
 
"I got those, sweety." Then he head towards the door. "Behave at school, kids! Get high scores too~!"
 
"Okay, Sir!" Kevin said respectfully towards my father.
 
"I will, dad~! Work hard!" I said.
 
"Bye daddy~~" Jia spoke with full. Some rice flew out and landed on the table. Mom scold her. THen the door closed and I heard Dad's car rumbled out into the street.
 
_____________________________________________
 
 
Kevin and I left for school right after my father left. I walked into my class and three of my classmate girls ogle straight at me. They were glaring with death stares. I tried to ignore them, it was the best I can do. I sat down on my seat and take my study stuff out. The textbook, pencil, notebook, more mini textbooks. Just textbooks that are related to what I'm studying and what the teacher is teaching. No more than five minutes later, the teacher came in and starts the class. "Let's learn algebra today, math is the language that everyone can speak. Keep that in mind. Your problem for the day is . . ." 
 
When class is over, it was already lunch time. I had to sit for so long that my is numb. When I got my things pack up, those three girls came up to me. I don't know what their problem is but let's see what. "We need to talk." One of them said, the one with the ponytail. 
 
"Go ahead . . . ?" I said, waiting for them to bash me about whatever reason they're acting up.
 
"You're dating our man. So back off before we do something---" she was just starting when Luhan came in and cut her off. 
 
"Ah, there you are, Meili." He came to me as they switched their ugly faces to sweet faces. "Hi," Luhan turned to me. "Are they your friends?"
 
"Uh, of course! I was just talking to them about . . . clothes." I lied, they better be thankful.
 
He gave them three a faint smile and entwined his fingers in mine and gave it a little squeeze. When other students saw our hand entwining, they whispered. "Let's go eat." He rushed out the door and swing his backpack over his shoulders with his other hand. My heart melted. I glance back and those girls were jealously glaring at me. We put our backpacks away.
 
Luhan stopped in the hall when there's no one around. He trapped me against the wall with his hand behind my head and his wrist resting on my collarbone. I can feel his warmth. "I'm gonna make them jealous of us." he told me. I smiled. Then we continued to walk to the cafeteria. So what's the point of trapping me onto the wall? Try to make me feel the butterflies? I did feel it. 
 
We sat down with our food as I felt eyes staring. It's only hours and everybody already know. Luhan didn't seem to care about it so I shouldn't care. Kevin came and sat in front of us. 
 
"Why is everyone staring at you two?" he said as he bite.
 
"I think it's because we're dating . . ." I said in a small voice.
 
"Don't mind them, just do what you do comfortably, huh?" Luhan convinced me.
 
"Okay."
 
"Wah, look at these two cheesy people. I shouldn't have hook them up in the first place." Kevin said in a sarcastic voice. I knew it was just a joke. I giggled.
 
Then Luhan held his spoon full of today's food to my mouth. "It's going to be more cheesier, Kevin." I stared at him. We made eye contact and I blushed. I shook my head, no thanks. He pout cutely, when he doesn't even try to be cute, I couldn't resist so I took the bite. Then he swayed it away from me and guide it to his mouth. I slightly slapped his arm, feeling embarrassed. Kevin laughed out loud.
 
"Hahaha, hahaha, haha, so cheesy." he said sacastically. 
 
____________________________________________
 
 
Luhan gave me my first hug from a boy. I smiled like an idiot, feeling loved, in the shower. As I stepped out, I shivered. Dressed up warmly and went outside my room. I saw Kevin coming out of the bathroom and we crack up. "What the heck . . ." he muttered. I followed him downstairs because that's where I'm heading anyway. Jia was in the sunroom with father teaching her on her school work. Not homework. Kevin head straight to watch TV in the living room. I have no choice but to help mom finish preparing dinner.
 
When it was finished, everyone gathered to eat. As always, Kevin said, "Meili is so cheesy with her boyfriend."
 
My mom looked at me, "Ooh, I didn't know you were so romantic."
 
"Meili, when did you learn how to be so romantic?" Dad asked, without knowing anything. I smiled.
 
"Luhan taught her. Isn't that great? Did I find her the correct guy? Did I?" Kevin said. I glared at him. He melted. 
 
My parents laughed. Jia laughed weirdly knowing nothing. "Of course you did! And you did a great job." Mom laughed. Dad agreed. 
 
And I sat there wondering why they all agreed. 
 
 
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~*~*~*~*~*~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
 
ok! Updated! I don't know anything about how Chinese school
looks like and what they eat in school so 
I'm just throwing in some Asian related food.
For example, Rice. 
Hehe
BTW, some countries in Asia doesn't give out homework. :p I hope the US does that too.