A Voice in the Music Room

When He Was Still in Beijing

We were in the dining room eating our breakfast with variety of food on the table. It was 7 in the morning. We each have our rice bowls and chopsticks. We were starting to eating when Kevin spoke, "Meili likes a boy."

I glared at him, as my heart screamed. My mom said, "What? Who is it?"

I look at mom with a innocent face, "Ah, Kevin was just kidding---"

"I was not. I could see it in your eyes." then he turned to my parents. "His name is LuHan, he played with us last night. He's pretty good-looking too."

My little sister, Jia, said, "Ooh~ Meili has a crush~!" I glared at her. She shrink and get back to eating her food.

"I want to meet him." my dad said, as he add meat to Jia's bowl.

"Dad~!" I pout.

"Me too." mom jump in. I glared at Kevin and he snickered back. I gulp down some water. 

"Well then, I don't know if he'll---"

"Like I said, I'll hook you up with him." Kevin cut me off again.

My parents laughed. We usually talked about this kind of stuff at the dining table. Everyone will always agree and one will not but sometimes we all agreed. We know about each other's problems, even Kevin. 

"Kevin will help you. You're too old anyway. Go get marry." Mom confidently said. 

I pick at my food and rest my chin on my palm. "Hey, no elbow on the table, Meili." Dad said.

I gulp down my water, "I'm done. I'm gonna go to school."

"But it's a Sunday." Kevin said. Jia's little voice agreed.

"That way, I can get some space and fresh air." I smiled and starts to leave.

"Oh, look at that, she doesn't want to help clean up the table. So lazy." mom complained. (YOU KNOW ASIAN PARENTS XD)

______________________________________________

When I arrived at school, only three cars are parked in the parking lot. Teachers and staffs, I thought. I went in and there's the woman, who always in charge of the entrance office. I smiled at her and she returned. I walked around the corners. And up two more stories. I a corner and was about to open the door to the Music Room when I heard a vehement voice, singing passionately. Then I peeked in, only seeing his back. When he reached a high note, he really expresses it. I was amazed. Then he concluded successfully. When he turned the pages on the music sheet stand, I get to see his face clearly. Luhan. 

When I saw who he was, I found myself getting caught again. He looked, then inching sideways to see better. "Oh, are you a ghost or a human?" 

I step into the Music Room with my hands behind my back. "Ni hao . . ." Then I continued to walk towards the piano. I sat down, hoping he don't mind if I play. I was only here to play the piano, not expecting to find him here.

"Hey, aren't you that "skillful" girl from last night's soccer game?" He asked, which stopped me playing.

"Mm." I said. He chuckled.

I can hear him walking over and sat by my side. "Can you play this?" He hand over the music sheet, it was the song he was singing earlier. Baby Don't Cry. I read. 

"Okay," I said as I took the music sheet and place it on the top of the piano. He stood with the lyrics in his hands.

I pressed the first note and continued playing. It was soothing and calm. Then he started singing once I finished the intro. Damn he's talented. I heard that people who sings together connects more, and feel the same thing. In sync. I can relate to that. I'm not singing but I'm playing and that makes no difference. Then he starts rapping after finished with the second part of the chorus. I smiled. 

When he's done singing, I finished the ending. He sang so passionately that I almost cried. I clapped and look at him. Luhan smiled. 

"You're pretty good at singing." I complimented him.

"Yeah I know. I'm gonna become a famous singer some day." Luhan said as he shuffled the music sheets.

"Do you come here every Sunday?"

"Yeah." 

For the next hour, we played a couple of songs and he looked at me while singing which made me feel all tingly inside for no damn reasons. And then his voice was starting to get hoarse after he crack his voice a few times, I laughed as I stopped playing in the middle of the song. "Why'd you stopped?" He questioned.

"Your voice, save it." I chuckled as I get out of my seat. 

"Wait, wait, wait! Let's just finished this song and then you can go." Luhan said.

He looked tired. I thought about it but end up shaking my head. I continued to walk. Then he held my wrist. I turned at him. OMG, he's making that deer eyes again . . . I let a heavy sigh. "Fine, let's finish it." Luhan smiled. 

I sworn I have a feeling that we've gotten close already just after a few songs. Nowadays, love isn't measured by time anymore. I'm experiencing love. I've seen love in his eyes. I snapped back to reality. I shook my head. No, not love, it's friendship, I assure myself. 

"Okay, starting from the refrain part. 1, 2, 3, 4." I begin playing.

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~*~*~*~*~*~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 

I know it's short but they got closer~! 

I shall update more ~~

It will be more fun in the future too!

Thank you if you subscribed. ^_^