A Long Get-To-Know-Each-Other

When He Was Still in Beijing

It was another Monday of school. I was talking to Kevin. "Seriously, what do you think about a gift?"

Kevin walked. "Uh, I think they're okay but just don't give us boys gifts like teddy bears or underpants. Candies are fantastic. Necklaces and bracelets are okay. Just not girly ones."

"Okay, I got just the thing for him." I smiled.

"Who's him?" Kevin said, then right away he knows. "Oh . . . him." He chuckled. "Alright, I'll see you later."

I waved as he left for class. I was planning to give Luhan his present because he's leaving soon for South Korea. I was thinking about giving him a cheering bracelet. I handmade it, it has characters saying, You Can Do It. While I was walking to class, those three friends of mine came and shoved me, hard. I dropped the bracelet. When one of them noticed, she picked it up quickly, the girl with the ponytail, before I even bent down. I panicked. 

"Oh look," she said. "It's Meili's bracelet. I bet Luhan gave it to her." My heart laughed at their stupid observation. 

"Of course he did, now give it back." I reach my hand out, hoping they'll give it back. 

"Let's see . . . No." The "leader" said, the girl with straight hair. She snatch it from the other girl. "I'm going to keep it."

I panicked even more so I charged at her, attempting to grab it. But missed it, then she held it high over her head. I kept reaching for it and trying to bend her elbow so I could reach it. Right then, someone else grabs it from her. We all look back. Luhan. I felt an invisible relief breeze wash over me. He studied it. Then he smiled. Then his smiled disappeared as he look at the three girls. 

"Who dared touch this?" Luhan asked firmly, as if it was his to give it to me. 

"Uh, um--- Meili dropped it." The ponytail girl said. 

"Yeah, so I wanna give it back to her." the "leader" girl said. 

"Yeah." the short wavy hair girl said in agreement.

Luhan stared at them, "Then what was that moment I saw earlier?"

"Uh---" the "leader" stuttered. "Oopsies, we're gonna be late for class." Then they all rush to class. I look at the clock, we still have a few minutes left.

Luhan switch back to his calm and worried face. "Is this yours?" he handed me the bracelet. 

I nodded and smiled. "Thanks. It was meant for you. I made it for you."

I took it back and smiled brightly. "Oh! Okay, it's really . . ."

I look at him. "You don't like it? I could---"

"No, I do, I'm just trying to find a word for it. Ah, it's very attracting." He said, I could see honesty in his eyes.

"Really??" I smiled. 

He nodded. "Put it on me." (<---- XD that was Growl's original title.)

"Okay." He gave it to me and I tied it around his wrist. Then Luhan suddenly leaned in and peck my cheek. I froze as he headed for class. I lift a hand to my cheek, and look at him walking. Then he smile and waved the bracelet as he walk backward. "It's not fair~ You stole a kiss." I pout as he laughed away. 

__________________________________

 

When the school day is over, I found Luhan standing outside my classroom door. "Hey," I smiled.

Luhan smiled brightly. "Wanna go home together?"

"Sure. Want Kevin to tag along?" I asked.

"That's okay." He grabbed my hand as we walk through the students, staring. 

Luhan speedwalk to Kevin's class. Then he poke his head in the classroom, I did too, Kevin was reading his textbook. Then he writes it down. I can see that he had a full page of notes. Then he flip to another clear page. Luhan whispered, "Kevin~!"

Kevin looked around. Then he found us. He smiled. "I'm almost finished." Then he writes down a few more sentences and starts packing up. Said goodbye to his teacher and put his arm around Luhan's shoulders. Luhan was slightly shorter than Kevin. "Today's quiz was crazy. It's all about calculus and some hard algebra. But I think I most of it correct."

I laughed, "Of course, someone smart like you will sure pass it."

Luhan agreed. "I passed that quiz, nothing wrong. I got it all correct."

"Wow, that's amazing, Luhan~!" I beamed. "Let's hope that Kevin passes it."

"Yeah," Luhan said. 

"Thanks guys."Kevin said. 

When we walked out of the school gate, I was thinking that since my parents wanted to meet him, I should let them meet once. "Would you like to come over for dinner?" I asked Luhan. Excluding Kevin because I know he's gonna be staying over.

"Of course, I'm invited." Luhan said. 

"What about me? You're not inviting me?" Kevin said.

"You're staying over anyways." I laughed.

__________________________________

 

"Mom, I'm home with my boyfriend~!" I bellowed, I said "boyfriend" just like when Luhan said to his parents. That gave me the courage to say so. LOL Then my mom came running to the entry. 

"Honey!" mom shouted to dad. Then she smiled to us three, "Come in, kids." 

"What is it, sweety?" Dad came running. When he saw Luhan, he smiled greatly. "Oh, aren't you LuHan?" 

Luhan smiled. "Yes . . . uh, how should I address you?"

"Why, just call me "father"." He smiled. "Come in Kevin, you're gonna stay for another night?"

Kevin nodded. "Yes, Uncle." (I was thinking hard and that's how we're related. My dad is Kevin's uncle.)

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~*~*~*~*~*~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 

So here's a little family tree explanation (might be confusing):

Kevin's grandpa is Meili's great uncle, that great uncle is her grandpa's brother.

That's right, Kevin should be a Zhou because his grandpa and Meili's grandpa is also a Zhou but his mom is the daughter of his grandpa. 

When she married a different family name, Kevin becomes a Li.

Meili's dad is at the same age as Kevin's parents, so Kevin calls Meili's parents Aunt and Uncle.

I hope this little confusing sh*t helped out a little. Hahaha

 

 

Some of you sitting there reading this was like, Do I need to know this ? 

Hahahaha, but I hope you understand. :)