~ Chapter Two ~

Forgive My Way of Loving You... (Hiatus - Apologies!)

Things went smoothly for the five young friends, especially Jong Jook and Sung Im. Jong Kook had gleefully declared Sung Im as his girlfriend barely one month after they meet and the Queen was the happiest of all. Since then, Jong Kook was very protective of Sung Im though the girl was highly talented in magical abilities.


However, their once unbreakable friendship only maintained for three years before Jong Kook was announced dead. The next shocking news was the Prince was murdered by his little girlfriend who was the most trusted person of the King, Queen and the Prince himself! It was a hard blow to the Queen though the commoners knew such thing would happen but they never ever thought it would come so soon. They believed that the ability of betrayal and cruelness would always remain in the demon’s blood.


Lee Kwang Soo’s bellows had finally broken the mourning silence and everyone started to curse and jeer at the young girl. All of them were so disappointed in Sung Im. They thought that by having half of the pure blood, she would be able to fight the demon blood in her body, but clearly, she failed terribly.


Some of the elders started to attack the girl using their magical abilities and they landed blow after blow onto the girl’s tattered body. But not once did Sung Im cried out. Everyone could see the girl was biting hard onto her bloody and swollen lips in order not to let her tears flow, an act of not admitting defeat. The poor girl looked so defenceless that for once the people stopped their attacks and glanced pitifully at Sung Im, unable to believe that the weak girl was able to murder the highly-secured Prince.


Doubts started to rise like bubbles and murmurs could hear among the crowd. Though afraid to challenge the Royal Family, people started to whisper among themselves, questioning the reliability and accurateness of the arrested suspect. The young Sung Im realised that the crowd had sympathised with her. Without any reason, she laughed, in her most possible evil way of laughing. Her laughter alerted the King and Queen who stood up immediately and all noise ceased.


“You people are pathetic! I’ve simply put on an act and the sympathy flows like a river.” Sung Im tilted her head up and glanced indignantly at the crowd. “Why can’t you believe that I’ve killed the Prince with my bare hands? Ah..! I understand now. All of you do not acknowledge the fact because you will feel inferior to me, a mere eight years old girl, am I right?”


At her words, the King roared in anger and charged towards the tiny girl who never battled an eyelid at the furious father of her ex-boyfriend, she even had the guts to smirk at him. In an act of fury, the King slapped the little girl, hard across her face, making it red and swollen almost immediately.


The crowd gasped audibly. Though they sympathized with the King who had just lost his son, they were stunned to see the always gentle, caring and sensible ruler losing his control and initiated a physical act.


“What should I do with you…?” The King broke down and cried, hugging the not fated daughter-in-law tightly. His act had once again surprised the crowd who were bizarre with the King’s unreadable action. The Queen walked unsteadily towards the duo. Her emotion was indescribable. Flashes of pain, regret, sadness and fury could be seen on the face of the weary lady.


“I’ve think of the punishment. It’s a specially-designed punishment for you, Sung Im.” The Queen uttered. “I can’t bear to send you for death. Do you know that I’ve always treated you like a real daughter, if not, raised you like my future daughter-in-law? And yet, this is how you repay me back?” The Queen smiled bitterly, staring into the eyes of the young girl who just replied with a blink. No one knew of the silent conversation going on between the two women.


With a snap of her fingers, the Queen had opened a porthole. This is the transition entrance to the alternate universe. The crowd started to panic for the little girl. No one else except those authorised or highly skilled personnel could open the porthole and this mean that there would be slim chance or equivalently no chance for the little girl to come back home. In simple words, Sung Im would be abandoned.


However, the vulnerable girl seemed to resign to her fate as she finally hung her head low, no one could read her expressionless face. As she rose to her feet, Sung Im winced in pain but kept biting her lips so as not to utter any sound. She wobbled towards the porthole without looking back. Just before Sung Im stepped into the porthole, she was being back-hugged by the Queen.


“Sung Im ah, I’m sorry… Thank you and take good care of yourself…” That was the last words Sung Im heard before she plunged into darkness.

____________________________________________________________________________________________

Sorry readers... There isn't any spartace moments for these two chapters and I feel that I'm deceiving my readers.. T_T
But rest assured that once I'm settled with Sung Im's life, there would be spartace moments...
I know it's odd coz Jong Kook is dead?! Haha... Well... It's a secret.... ^_~
Anyway, Jae Suk and Suk Jin will come out on the next chapter...
As usual, kindly give me some feedback if possible, please..? ^_^