~ Chapter Twelve ~

Forgive My Way of Loving You... (Hiatus - Apologies!)

“What?!” Ji Hyo stared at Jong Kook in shock as if he was an alien with three heads and twelve arms. However, the guy just remained grinning which infuriated her. She was about to retort Jong Kook when Suk Jin interrupted their conversation.


“Oh yes, we do have one spare room and we welcome you to our house!” Suk Jin clapped his hand gleefully at the marvellous opportunity. “Bwoh?!” Ji Hyo’s eyes opened wide in shock at her appa’s invitation. “Since when we…?”


“You wanted to ask since when we have a spare room?” Jae Suk continued her question whereby Ji Hyo could only nod her head. “Well… Since today!”


Before Ji Hyo could protest, Jong Kook had already been led into the station by her appas. “Jong Kook ah… Oops! Would you mind the drop of formality?” Suk Jin asked and Jong Kook shook his head. “Okay then! Since you are ‘jobless’ now, would you consider joining the police force?”


“Really, can I?” Jong Kook asked cheerfully. “So this means I will get to see Ji Hyo 24 hours a day?” His soft excited whisper to himself did not go unheard by the two detectives. They merely smile and hoped that their daughter would not slaughter them.


The procedure of submitting Jong Kook’s resume and application form did not take long. It was fortunate as the high-ranked officer was also on duty that day. The interview process was quickly arranged and it went smoothly. Jong Kook was then immediately recruited into the police academy. The staff at the station congratulated Jong Kook and warmly welcomed him into their family.


The clock had just struck four-thirty in the afternoon when Ji Hyo was off in a flash. Knowing that their daughter was pissed off, Suk Jin and Jae Suk quickly packed their stuff and signalled Jong Kook to follow them.


Ji Hyo deliberately walked ahead of her fathers and Jong Kook as she was annoyed by the trio. She loved the idea of being closer to her idol but she could not help feeling uneasy as her instinct alerted her that the four of them would be in serious unknown danger. Ji Hyo shook her head to shake off the uncomfortable feeling and hope nothing would destroy the peace she had now.


Ji Hyo was so immersed in her thought that she didn’t realise that Jong Kook was walking alongside with her and her appas had already disappeared into the house at high speed, presumably, shifting their belongings to accommodate Jong Kook. It was true that they did not have any spare room, but for the sake of their daughter’s happiness, Jae Suk was willing to squeeze into Suk Jin’s room, giving his room to Jong Kook. They actually thought of having Jong Kook sharing with Ji Hyo but it would not be appropriate and Ji Hyo would possibly protest violently and might even threatened to leave the house.


“What are you thinking of?” Jong Kook softly asked, jolting Ji Hyo from her deep thoughts. “Do you really detest me so much?” Smiling bitterly at the girl’s reaction, Jong Kook asked.


“No, no, no! I do not detest you, in fact I really li--” Ji Hyo covered nervously at her slip of words, hoping that Jong Kook did not realise it.


Jong Kook grinned slyly and cheered silently at the victory of his crafty plan. But he acted cool on the outside in order not to be exposed. Acting as if he did not hear Ji Hyo’s slip of words, he emitted a sigh of relief. “Oh? I’m glad to hear that. Hope we could be friends, Ji Hyo ya?” Jong Kook extended his right hand with a genuine smile. Ji Hyo softly sighed in relief, thinking that Jong Kook did not hear her words. Hence, she answered by smiling and put her small hand into Jong Kook’s.

 

A handshake

 

An agreement

 

The start of their friendship

 

 

But, it also signified the beginning of the inevitable…

_____________________________________________________________________________________________

Hi my lovely readers! I apologise for the short chapter today as I'm going shopping again.
But I promise to be back with a longer one tomorrow! ^_^
Cya guys and thanks for all the lovely comments. Do let me know where I need to improve, thanks! ^_~