~ Chapter Seven ~

Forgive My Way of Loving You... (Hiatus - Apologies!)

“Suk Jin appa… Jae Suk appa… You can stop pretending to make me better…” Ji Hyo said and raised her head to look at them. The two men knew Ji Hyo had finally deciding in confiding and they braced themselves for it.


Ji Hyo took a deep breath and began talking. “I’m far from being a good daughter… I’m actually a murderer! I shouldn’t be having your tender love and care! I shouldn’t…”


“Shush, our lovely Ji Hyo…” Suk Jin embraced Ji Hyo in a warm and reassuring hug. “Take your time in recounting your story. Don’t worry too much, don’t hurry, appas are here to listen.” And hence, Ji Hyo began her painful past by telling them her real name was actually ‘Cheon Sung Im’ and she came from alternate universe as she murdered the Royal Prince.


Though Suk Jin and Jae Suk found it hard to believe that their adorable girl came from another universe, they listened attentively to Ji Hyo’s story, nodding their head at appropriate points.


The story ended and neither made a move. Seeing no reaction from her two fathers, Ji Hyo guessed either they could not accept her as their daughter anymore or they thought she had gone crazy. She slowly withdrew herself from their embrace, silently scolding herself for being selfish in keeping the secret for nine years. She hoped to secure the secret forever but she could not hold in much longer as today’s encounter with Kim Jong Kook had somehow sparked off the inevitable event. Ji Hyo knew her life would be risky now and she hated to drag her innocent fathers into this mess.


“Sigh… Ji Hyo ya, you must remember one thing…” Suk Jin purposely trailed off his sentence, making Ji Hyo curious and anxious. “What is it?” Ji Hyo softly inquired. Suk Jin looked at Jae Suk before replying.


“Song Ji Hyo!” Suk Jin shouted, startling Ji Hyo for the moment.


“You must remember that…” Jae Suk continued.


“No matter what happens…”


“No matter what had happened…”


“Even you might be a vampire…”


“Or a monster…”
 

“Worse still, an alien…”


“Don’t ever think you can scare us away by your identity…”


“Cos we will still love you and you will always remain as our lovely daughter!” Both men said simultaneously and hugged Ji Hyo, successfully in bringing tears to her eyes even though she was laughing. She never expected her fathers to accept her whole-heartedly.


“But we don’t believe you will kill the Royal Prince. We do not doubt your capabilities but we truly believe even that you have the demon blood running in your veins; your moral will deny you in doing so. Based on our police instinct, you must have a motive, a reasonable reason or a plan in assassinate the Royal Prince.” Jae Suk analysed and Suk Jin nodded in agreement. “But whatever it is, we won’t probe the subject as we know, like us, you are also very protective of your appas…”


“Appas!” Ji Hyo couldn’t believe her ears. These two men who were not blood-related to her could actually believe so much in her. Though she wanted to continue staying at this heart-warming home, Ji Hyo knew she had to leave, in order to protect them from harm.


As if sensing her predicament, Suk Jin voiced out. “If you feel being indebted to us, you might want to start repaying… You can start by staying here and accompany these two old appas of yours, okay?” Suk Jin winked at Ji Hyo which made their baby gal burst into tears.

 

---

 

Sun shone brightly through the windows signalling the start of a new day. It was a day nearer to the important day though there was still a year of waiting required. Kwang Soo stretched his abnormally long limbs at the specially-designed bed suitable for his size.


Just then the door opened to reveal a stern-looking kingdom’s advisor. “Wake up, lazy bums, don’t be late for school!” With that, Song Joong Ki left, leaving the tall guy huffing and puffing in annoyance. “Just one more year and the rightful heir will be back! I can hang on! Fighting, Lee Kwang Soo!”


Unexpectedly, a pillow flew straight onto his face. Kwang Soo turned to glare at the culprit on his right and was not surprised to see Ha Dong Hoon’s irritated sleepy face as he reached for his spectacles. “Lee Kwang Soo, we are still trying to catch a wink here after spending hours in the library yesterday till midnight!”


“But Gary still manages to sleep even we caused such noisy din here!” Kwang Soo pointed out. As always, at the far end of the room, the said guy remained peacefully sleeping, cocooned in his warm blanket.


“Kang Gary! Kang Gary! Kang Gary!” The tall fourteen years old boy bellowed his buddy’s name like a chant, in order to wake him up. He bounced hard on his bed, earning a frustrated groan from the awaken guy. “Stressssss!” Kang Gary shouted.


It was a daily routine ever since the trio was ridiculously declared to lead the universe on behalf of the rightful heir for ten years. Though it was tough juggling their studies with the daily stuff of the kingdom, they never complained as they waited patiently for their new Royal King to appear.


They believed in miracle and the universe would never be taken over by the Demon King.

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Hi! Sorry for the late update today as I was out on a shopping trip with my mum & sister... ^_^
Thanks so much for all the lovely comments! They really make me smile, at least, I feel confident in continuing this story! ^_~